# 1.

The Story of a Bookworm
✩ CHAPTER # 1

 

First day of Senior year.

If you'd ask me to describe it in one word it'd be... ordinary. I mean, it's just like the same ol' days where no one notices me as I practically squish through the hallways like a nobody. And I'd like to keep it that way, anyway. I'm not one who wants to fit in and be someone whom I'm not. I think that's too cliche. 

"JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII." And that, right there, screaming at the top of her lungs, is Jung Soojung, more known as Krystal. My bestfriend.
"Hey Krys, what's up?," I say, smiling at her for a brief moment before turning back to arrangging my locker. I try to keep it as tidy as possible. Not being a neat-freak here, but who wants to have a dirty surrounding?
"Oh. My. God. HAVE YOU HEARD?!" She stared at me, wide-eyed, while panting and gasping for air. I can tell she's been running just to give me a sweet piece of probably the newest and hottest issue in Hearst University.
I closed my locker and turned to her. Raising a brow, I asked, "What?"
"YOU DON'T KNOW?!" she screamed right at my face. I gave her a 'duh-why-would-I-be-asking' look. She sighed, knowing that I'm probably the only person on Earth who isn't really living a life. "Well, practically everyone - except for you, of course, because you're not a person and I don't know what you are but I still love you despite that fact - knows about this. Chanyeol and Dara - you know Dara, that hot model? They broke up. AND, not just that, but Chanyeol hook up with that girl named Jung Eunji. You know that dork who doesn't have a life? Oh wait, I'm not talking about you this time. It's another person. And girl, imagine Dara's rage and shock. I mean, how can Chanyeol just hook up with a girl like Eunji when he can have Dara?" She huffed, rolling her eyes. Soon realizing about her statement, she said, stuttering, "B-but I'm not saying you're... not that good and all! I mean... you-- You're amazing. You know that. It's just-" I just chuckled and pushed her softly. "Of course, dummy, I know that. And I try to be boring and plain as possible. You know what interesting people get? A big interesting ball of life. And interesting isn't always fun. Sometimes, it's a thing that gets you frustrated and sad." She gave me a weird look, shaking her head. "Even though you say you're not interesting and all that, I still think you're the most interesting person alive. I mean, you're just different and I don't know how to even describe how different you are." I chuckled. "Whatever. Say, you wanna grab some ice cream? My treat!" She squealed out of joy and bear-hugged me, gaining us weird stares from people.

And that's how the first day of classes ended.
Or so I thought...

 

After getting our ice cream, we headed directly to my house. Since Krystal's parents were out of town for some sort of business trip, my parents decided to let her have a sleepover at our house, so that meant more girl talk. Or should I say... more Krystal talk?

Krystal was in the middle of telling me the story of how their date with Jongin went, and I, not completely interested in hearing all of the details, was in the verge of falling asleep. That is, until I heard my phone beep. I was too lazy to get up, since I was already half-asleep. Being the snooper that she is, Krystal got my phone and easily unlocked my passcode - since according to her, bestfriends should know everything about each other, especially the password of their phones. I was finally asleep and snoring, when I heard a really loud scream. I got up, thinking that our house was on fire. I looked around, then saw Krystal, her jaws dropped to the floor, and her eyes wide open. Within minutes, my mum and dad knocked loudly on my bedroom door, asking if we were alright. "Yeah! We're fine! Krystal just saw a roach big enough to wear a night gown!" I replied to them, making their worries go away.

When my parents were gone, that's when I turned to face Krystal with a 'what-just-happened' face. She didn't say a word. Instead, she let me see a message on my phone.

From: Unknown Number

Hey ;) this is Chanyeol btw.

And that's when my once quiet, normal life turned upside-down.

 

 

Author's note: Hi! asdfghjkl_myfeels here! Here's the first chapter for you lovelies. I know it's not much but I hope that you look forward to the other upcoming chapters.

Tell me what you think about the first chappie. And suddenly, Chanyeol gets interested in geeks. Hahaha. Please subscribe. I shall love you 365ever. <143