Chapter 2

What Happened To "Best Friends"?

Chun Hei's POV

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. What did I just say?! How could I have said that to Hakyeon?! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. I must be going crazy. Yeah, I must be. I've been really good at hiding my feelings and keeping them locked away for the past 7 years. Why am I letting them out now?! After all the hard work I put into trying to hide my blush when he smiles that smile at me, or when he accidently brushes his arm against my arm and then I get all flustered, or when he says 'I love you~' to me even though he doesn't know how much it hurts me sometimes because I know his feelings don't surpass friendship. I hope he didn't think too much of it. Maybe he'll just brush it off and be like "Haha, what's wrong with you? Are you okay?" Yeah, he will probably just forget that it even happen---I hope. No, but what if he takes it seriously and is like, 'You like me don't you? I've known for quite awhile but I don't feel that way about you'. Wait, but he wouldn't do that. No, he's a nice, caring and a warm-hearted person, that's why I like him. Ugh, why does my life have to be so difficult with all these thoughts in my head.

"Chun Hei!" Oh no, I know that voice, it's Wonshik, why is he following me? Is Hakyeon with him? Oh, please, not right now. I can't face him right now. I don't even dare to turn around and just continue to walk straight ahead (more like speed walking for my life) and pretend as if I never even heard him. 

But unfortunately, because of my bad luck, Wonshik already caught up with me and stood right in front of me to stop myself from escaping walking ahead of him. Phew, I released a breath that I didn't even know that I was holding and noticed that Hakyeon was not hiding behind Wonshik. I didn't really know what to say so I just muttered, "Uh, hey, um.."

"You," he said as I looked up and saw him pointing a figure at me, "what do you think you're doing running away like that?"

I froze, what should I do? I can't just tell him that I've had a crush on our childhood best friend since, like, forever. And that I almost just confessed to him in out in public on accident and that it could or could have not ended my friendship with him. And not only that, but this is Wonshik for crying out loud. He's also my best friend and that means he could tell Hakyeon. He's not neccessarily the person that would hold you in his arms and whisper comforting words to calm you down, no, that just doesn't happen. So why do I start confessing all the things going through my head out loud to him? Oh, it's obviously because my mouth doesn't listen to my mind and I basically ended up telling him E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. From the moment I first met Hakyeon (since I didn't meet Wonshik until like a month after), to when I first realized that I really liked him, to the embarrassing moments with him (well at least I thought they were), and all the way up to now. And during my story telling we ended up walking to the park without my conscience fully knowing that and he even bought me ice cream. During this whole evening, he never once said a word to interrupt me---on occasions with the small nods or expressions of somewhat laughter and understanding. 

So when I finally finished, I let out a big breath as if I didn't take a few breaths in between my confession. As I begin to realize that I just confessed nearly my lovelife story to my best friend that is usually not the first person you go to to tell these things, the feeling of awkwardness creeps back up. And now I'm sitting here on the swing with the chocolate ice cream in my hand and I begin to fidget. Oh gosh, what was I thinking?! Wonshik must think I'm so weird and a coward with my hidden feelings for Hakyeon. But before I could even continue my worrying, I got the courage to glance over at the older and he was already staring at me.

His expression so unreadable that the first thing I blurt out it, "Uh...sorry I just kept on talking. I mean you could've just stopped me." But, I for some reason was still rambling on and then realize it and stopped talking again. And I just stared at the ground. Not knowing what to do now, I just stared. But then a voice pulled me out of my staring contest with the flower in front of me. Feeling anxious, I turned my head and looked at him. 

What happened was not what I was at all expecting; maybe a weird look on his face or laughing and making fun of me, because honestly, that's how he usualy reacts to things. But what I saw was a genuine smile. A smile that was so sincere that you can see it in his eyes and it's as if with just that smile you can tell that he won't judge you and understands you. "I knew it." I just stared...then those three words finally sunk in.... "Wait, what?!"

 

A/N: hey guise~ i am deeply sorry that i didnt update for like what, three weeks already?....well even though it's summer vacation, i have summer school ;-; so i ruined my self plan of trying to update every week... i apologize deeply (/.\) so yeah. and to top it off, this chapter is reeeaaalllyyyyy short. i am sorry. i was gonna continue, but then thought this is sort of a good cliff hanger right? maybe?...no? jk then... but yeah i'll do my best to try to update the next chapters as soon as possible (and possibly written better). but plz leave your comments and vote plz~!