How shocked 'she' was

Sandara Park and Oh Sehun are best friends?

 


"Repeat that one more time Sehun, I don't think I heard you right." Dara said. Sehun fidgeted in front of her and took a deep breath to repeat what she knew she couldn't have possibly heard pass from his lips. But her ears weren't playing tricks on her, and she hadn't lost her mind. She heard him correctly.

"Mr. Soo Man..er..well...wants us to...date." He choked out.

It couldn't be. She shook her head as her hands covered her face, it just couldn't be true! She peeked at him from behind her fingers to maybe see him smiling or something to indicate this was only a nasty joke. He wasn't smiling, not at all. Sehun was just staring at her worriedly, the face of someone who had just told the truth. The cruel and honest truth.

"Oh my God." She groaned. She knew that if she didn't concentrate on how old she was, she would throw a fit right then and there. She was almost thirty years old, being a baby when someone who was a baby sitting right in front of her wouldn't look pretty. But it was hard. Right at that moment she just wanted to man-handle something till it broke into a million peices. She pushed her phone away. That was not on her list of things to break.

"Ok, wait a second." She said. She ruffled her hair out of her face and held up a hand as he opened his mouth to say something. "How old are you again?" She asked. It was a meaningless question. She knew exactly how old he was, and it made her more painfully aware of how much older she was herself. Couldn't she actually be arrested!? 

"Not that young...." He started to say but her 'what?' face made him sink. "But young." He conceded. She shouldn't make it hard for him, she knew it wasn't his fault at all. Sehun was as innocent to this problem as she was, it just didn't help that it was his boss that was putting them through this mess. Her? With such a young guy? Sure he was handsome but still! Nobody is going to look at her and go 'oh but she's pretty, we'll let it slide'. Nope. They'll zoom in right on her age and pick her apart till she was nothing more but a ragdoll, a raggedy ragdoll for that matter.

The phone rang and her heart sank when she saw who it was. Jiyoung. She groaned louder and stared at it trying to figure out if she should pick it up. Jiyoung ranting at her is the last thing she wanted. 

"What's wrong Dara, you look worried." Sehun asked. She nodded without taking her eyes from the phone. "I am." She replied. "I am very worried." 

She let it ring itself into silence, Jiyoung would have to wait. 

She looked up to Sehun frowning at her, the 'you should have picked it up' look clear on his face. She made a mock throw with her phone and he ducked, making her laugh. It eased her spirits a little and made it possible to crack a small smile. "I can call back anytime." She said casually, careful not to give to many hints. He sniffed, still offended by her mock joke and nodded. 

"Aish you little rascal." She said as she crossed the distance to sit next to him. He scowled at her with that unique frown of his and she bust out laughing at the sight of it. "Why are you so cute? Its such a crime!" She cooed. As she said this her hands naturally drifted to his face and was proceeding to pinch them, Sehun rolled his eyes dramatically and latched onto her wrists. "These cheeks are meant for kissing not pinching." He joked. 

"Oh really? Then let me have the honor." She chuckled when he inclined his cheek in her direction and she leaned down to kiss him, but just as her lips touched his, the door flew upon. 

"Dara! Why didn't you answer your phone? I need to talk to you about some-." She cringed away from Sehun and slowly turned to face the person in the room.

Jiyoung. 

He was staring open-mouthed at Sehun, his eyes full of shock, but when she sighed his gaze switched to hers. "What is going here?" He demanded. She sighed longer at his tone and laid a hand on Sehun's arm, he leaned down to whisper in her ear. "Is he mad?" She nodded but quickly realized that was probably not the best thing to do right now. Jiyoung had been watching whole exchange closely and now he was completely red in the face, with anger.

Dara her lips nervously and tapped Sehun's leg to get his attention. "Sehun, maybe you should go. I'll call you later okay?" He turned to her with a confused look but got up when he saw her pleading one. As he walked to the door he bowed politely to Jiyoung. Stiffly, Jiyoung did the same. "Make sure you call me like you said, if you don't I'll call instead." Sehun said, stopping at the door.

Dara nodded and waved him away, he smiled his cute smile before disappearing behind the metal door. She would have to explain a lot of things later, it wouldn't be fair to keep him in the dark. Not that she could keep a secret anyway, one look from those puppy eyes seemed to always be her undoing.

"Ahem."

Oh right. Jiyoung. With a pained heart, she switched her attention to the ready-to-blow-volcano accurately named Jiyoung and braced herself for what she knew was coming. The dreaded 'talk'. "Dara, didn't we make a promise?" He said quietly. Here we go, its coming. She would much rather be facing the wrath of YG then be under Jiyoung's scrutinity. But then again, maybe not. "We swore that we weren't going to get into any relationships without first telling each other and getting aproval, how could you break it?"

She could throw herself aganst a wall for making such a promise, for heaven's sake, what was she thinking!? To make a stupid promise like that? Well, it wasn't really her fault, Jiyoung had gotten that promise out of her when she was drunk. Really really drunk for that matter. He knew she couldn't handle liquor, so why did he give it to her? But that was a problem past, this the current problem and she couldn't very well break it. She pink promised. Pinky promises are sacred.

Plus they were friends. Very close friends for lack of a better phrase, so close people thought they were dating. She thought they were dating too, until she figured out that she was merely in charge of covering up Jiyoung's slip up's when his girlfriends were almost exposed. It was bitter pill to swallow but she forced it down regardless. So she had no idea why Jiyoung would make her promise something like that, was it important who she dated?

She pinched her nose and tried to think of what to say without sounding like it was made up, he had no idea of the arrangment between the two companies and she was pretty sure YG wanted to keep that little bit of info under wraps. She didn't know why it was so important but YG + surprises = ...well she didn't know what it amounted to but she was certain that he just liked to troll people. Plain evil is all that is. 

"I'm waiting Dara." He urged. She glanced annoyingly at him and decided to throw everything to the wind, not just caution because she was pretty darn sure that there was more to be lost, like her sanity. "Jiyoung, look, I know I made a promise and I'm keeping it. You simply misunderstood." She said.

That had to be the lamest, stupidest, most dunderheaded thing she ever said in her life. You simply misunderstood? Is working against her? Or has her brain ceased working? The dead-pan look on the Jiyoung's face echoed her thoughts. "W-what?" He sputtered. "I simply misunderstood? Unless this room is too hot and I got heatstroke I'm pretty sure you were about to kiss him."

He took several steps forward till he was leaning into Dara's face with a hard look. "And I want to know why."

Gulp.



JGFHGFHGFGJF;GJFGBJBJVJBJFBJF WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!

You have permission to smack me over the head for having the nerve to update so late and on top of it, make it short.

Isn't it interesting how every time I write a story completely unrelated to GD he always finds a way to sneak in? Gah, his cute smile is just too precious that's what! But don't worry, he isn't a permenant fixture, he's merely there for timely entrances to cause drama. I have another guy waiting on the sidelines for the real competition. Or maybe two. Or three.

Ahem.

Anyway read my new guide to 2ne1 everybody! I would really appreciate that even if you don't read it, drop by to give it an upvote. Noona needs it T_T.