Chapter 1 - SOPA

Something About Her

 

SOPA-2010

Seoul of Performing Art School was the most popular and prestigious art school in the whole South Korea. A lot of people wanted to go to this school since a lot of idols studied here as well. They taught common lessons just like math, science and history on Monday til Wednesday and their speciality lesson just like dance, sing or teather on Thursday til Friday. You had to know something before you entered this school. Because the students of SOPA had to accepted the fact that there’s a ‘social status’ in this school.

  1. 1st class

The people who placed in the first class is the students who’s already debuted as an idol or an actor. They had to be famous, so they got to be the first class. Idol or actress who’s debuted from the big three companies (YG, SM and JYP) are exception. It means they placed in a very special placed that students mostly envy with. Actor or idol’s child could be in first class as long as they got along well and they had to be good in style or visual.

  1. 2nd class.

Second class is the students who’s trainee from three big companies. The students from the second class mostly didn’t admitted that they’re a trainee because of agency’s rule. The people usually found out by themselves or just some whispers. This class is quite ‘invisible’.

  1. 3rd class.

They are students who’s trainee in the small company. They also might be an ulzzang (people who has a good look and face like a doll)

  1. 4th class-last

The ordinary students. Mostly of them are just a fans of first class and could be a sasaeng, because they went to school just wanted to meet their idol.

                Yeah, life must be complicated since there’s something called ‘social status’.

                But there’s someone who really didn’t care of that kind of thing. Although she’s quiet pretty and quiet good as an ordinary student who’s majoring in dance. She’s innocent, didn’t know that some of boys had been eyeing her. It made the girls wanted to blackmail her and addressed as a fourth class. But she’s really... didn’t care.

                And that girl got to be...

                Jung Ae Rin.

 

 

 

 

                “I saw that new transfered student just talked with Suzy, I only hope that my vision got blurry yesterday,” murmured a girl while putting eyeliner.  

                It happened in the girls toilet, a bunch of girls just talking something unimportant.

                “Really? She isn’t even an ulzzang, she always wear sport uniform anyway,” murmured the other.

                “Ahh... I also see that! She never smiling, does she?”

                “Exactly! She isn’t too attractive to talking with Suzy. Or perhaps...,”

                They glaring each other. “JYP...,”

                Crack...

                They stopped when they saw a figure they just talked about came out from toilet stall. She just changed her sport uniform to their usual uniform. As usual, she only setted her straight face. Didn’t seem to care at all.

                The girls who’s just gossiping her just pretend didn’t do something wrong, they just continued their usual activity...putting a lot baby cream and eyeliner on their plastic face.

                She just walked out of toilet casually while took out her phone from her pocket. She began to typing something.

 

                Unnie, let’s just pretend didn’t know each other at school.

 

                She choosed Su Ji Unnie and pressed sent...

                She just made a good choice by sending that message. Having no friend is better than being friend with Suzy. She didn’t want people figured out this fast. She just didn’t want people look different on her. She just didn’t want to be the centre of attention.

And its  just a tiny part of her sacrifice.

That she’s a...

                JYP trainee.

                She wasn’t a kind of person who need socialize, she loved alone. If she couldn’t make a friend in school, she still socialized in company. People in JYP is nicer anyway. And Suzy’s the closest person.

                Sigh.

                She opened her locker and about to put her sport uniform before someone patted her shoulder and pulled her hair harshly. She rolled her eyes annoyed, knowing who’s this person.

                She quickly turned and she saw a tall figure walked away innocently.

                “Kim Jong In...,”

                Her jaw clenched as she murmured that name. That person obviously worse that a thousands girls who’re talked behind her. Her mood suddenly dropped.

               

 

Throw back when she’s nine years old and entered a ballet school.

“Attention! We got new friend here!”

They’re suddenly quiet when they saw her standing shyly with her ballet uniform. The teacher lowered and turned to her. “Ae Rin-ah, let’s introduced yourself to your new friends,”

She quietly nodded and began to speak, “Annyeong...haseyo... Jung... Ae Rin... Imnida,” she said in very low tone.

The dark boy in the corner yelled, “Yah! We can’t hear you! Louder, please!”

“Ae rin-ah... Can you say it louder?” asked the teacher gently.

“An..nyeong...,” you started to greet them again when the dark boy suddenly stood up and yelled. “Sungsaengnim! Why’d you let the weak girl join our club?”

She immediately looked up to see who owned the annoying voice, she furrowed her eyebrows. That boy was rough.

“Kim Jong In, you shouldn’t have said that!” said the teacher.

That boy... His name’s Kim Jong In. By the time she knew his name, that was the time when she started to hate him.

 

 

                 

                Ae Rin’s hand clenched while she walked to her classroom, holding back her anger. Nobody could make her this angry except Kim Jongin. A little act from him could make her exploded. Why’d she forgot the fact that Jongin also study in this school? Why’d she easily said yes when JYP moved her to this school without thinking anything?

                Aaah... She felt so stupid suddenly.

                She threw her bag to her desk harshly, grabbing attention to the whole class. As usual, she just didn’t care. She sat on the chair then burried her face to the desk. All she wanted now was school ended up early.

                “Yah, Jung Ae Rin!”

                She just turned a little bit to see the voice that called her earlier, didn’t change her position. A bunch of girl standing next to her arrogantly.

                “I heard that you talked with Suzy unnie yesterday...,” said one of them. “Who are you to her?” they started interogate her.

                “I never talk to her. I am nothing, don’t worry.”  murmured her.

                “Really?” asked them. “But it’s better. I didn’t expect too much from you, since you didn’t have any criteria to be a trainee. We’re better than you.”

                “Yeah, you’re all better than me,” murmured her lazily as she burried her face again.

                She heard another footstep closer, but she didn’t bother to look up. Another insult. She thought.

                But she felt uneasiness as the bodies next to her became awkward and said, “Aah... Sunbae...,”

                She reflectly peeked a little and immediately sat up when she saw the guy who’s standing in front of her right now. The guy who’s caused her pissed off today...

                “Why... Why you come her?!” she reflectly yelled at the person. Causing the girls in class murmured insulting her why she acted coward over the senior. It wasn’t good thing at all knowing Jongin was a year above her, since she still felt the same. Jongin’s power still caused an anger.

                Jongin just smirked and grabbed a chair and sat in front of her. “Shouldn’t I ask you why you come here? Didn’t you just register in that creepy foreign school?”

                She felt nervous suddenly, but she just said. “Just... Wait... This isn’t your business at all,” muttered her.

                He narrowed his eyes to her, there must be something suspicious. “There must be a reason why you moved since you study at that foreign school since kindergarten,” murmured him. “And it must be very important reason...,”

                He his face towards her. “Very... very important...,” whispered him, again.

                Her body just stiffened. Not knowing what she must do. This brat was literally became pain in the neck to her. All she wanted to do right now was punched that annoying face harshly and brutally. “Can you just shut up and back to your freaking class? It’s so ing annoying to see your face in the morning,” said her. Usually she didn’t talk too much. But she didn’t know why, only Kim Jongin could make her exploded.

                “Aah I know!” he said. “You move here because you freaking follow me! You like me, right? I could feel it since we’re in the same middle school,” said him casually.

                She just laughing sarcastically. “I must be have brain disorder if I like you,”

                “I know that I am too y to be true,” said him.

                She just sighed annoyed.

He smirked. “As if you know, you are not bad since that thing grow bigger,” said him casually as his eyes totally focussed on Aerin’s chest.

                Her eyes suddenly pooped. Couldn’t believe what the ert words he just said to her. No way she got ual harrassed on her second day of school.  Kim Jongin totally deserved the title ‘The King of Byuntae’.

                “And your skin darker,”

                “YAAAH!”

               

 

                It was almost midnight when ten years old Jung Aerin came back from her ballet school. She’s a little bit unsure when she had to go home alone by bus since her mom couldn’t pick her up. Tonight, there were only few  people in the bus, so she’s little bit scared.

But she furrowed her eyebrows when she saw a boy who’s sitting accross her.

That was... Kim Jongin.

The boy who always mocked her stiff body when she danced.

They never talked each other... nicely. Once they talked, they always end up arguing and bickering.

So, she just turned her head to the window until the bus arrived in the bus stop. She quickly got off from the bus when the bus arrived. But she could feel a presence behind her. She turned her head to see who’s the person...

That was...

Why the heck he also got off in this bus stop?!

Jongin only walked casually while Aerin seemed uneasy, her hand clenched, holding back her anger. She walked fast, not wanting Jongin walked behind her.

She quickly entered the apartmen, but she still felt Jongin’s presence behind her. And she suddenly stopped and turned to him.

“Yah! Why did you following me?” asked her angrily.

Jongin just smirked. “What is it? You shouldn’t act like that to your neighboor,”