Dangerously Empty

Sunshine

I ungracefully plopped into my dark grey Tesla, threw my bag onto the passenger seat, let out a frustrated sigh and prepared myself for another long drive home. The sky was near dark, for it was late, and my bright headlights led the way on the unending black pavement.

"If You Love Me" by NS Yoonji was softly playing on the radio. As I drove closer and closer to home, I dreaded the same feeling of walking up the same three steps before stepping onto my patio and reaching the door. I pulled up into the large driveway, stopped the ignition, grabbed my bag, and made my way to my door. Fumbling with the keys, I managed to lock my car and  open the door to my dark home.

The only greeting in which I got was an empty silence and a dark living room. I sighed and climbed the stairs, dropping my bag onto the office chair and lugging my way back to my bedroom. After a long, needed shower, I got into my bed and slowly drifted asleep. My boyfriend was nowhere to be found...and I was used to it. There was nothing in my power that I could do about it. I was alone in my big and empty home, just like always. He had the nerve of asking me if I was coming home, that hypocrite.

 

                                                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile, Kris was dealing with the enemy gang, the Yin She (Silver Snakes). They were not the most hostile gang, but they known for their notorious sneaky ways, hence the gang title. It started out a calm meeting in an abandoned junk yard. The members of the two gangs sized the opposite up, eyes leering and lips snarling, all while their ever-emotionless leaders stood directly 30 feet away from another. Eyes met, and no one dared to make a sound to disturb their leader's silent staring contest. The glaring contest broke when the enemy team's leader, Feng Qianshan, spoke.

"What business do you have with us." Feng was not afraid; if he was, he didn't show it. Kris's gang, the Zhi Ming De Long (Deadly Dragons), were the most powerful and influential. There were no doubts that some idiot gangs would always set themselves against him, thinking highly of themselves, but in the end, they would die anyway. It was the way things worked in the mafia: Survival of the fittest.

Today was no different, except that this leader was calm and patient, not brash and rude like the others. Kris might have accepted him as a valuable business partner, but the man tried to cheat Kris of his money as if he thought that he could've actually out-smarted him.

"You have failed to meet the quota transactions. All that was asked was for you to simply collect money from the neighboring gangs, and deliver it back to me. Instead, after evaluating the money, and discovering the missing profit, I investigated and found that they went directly to your division and stopped there. Now why would it suddenly stop at your division, and not go straight to me?" His voice was serious, but he didn't come off angry. He sounded more mocking, like he knew from the start that it would happen.

"I don't believe I have any clue to what transaction nor the accusation you speak of." Oh, wrong move.

"What a shame to waste my breath to have bothered you."

Kris just quirked an eyebrow. He called out for the business man who was responsible for keeping the other end of the profit. In other words, he was to give Feng the money. Nonetheless, Feng did not flinch. He stood there unfazed, contrary to the poor business man, who quivered and looked around nervously, obviously frightened to be caught in the middle of the two gangs, defenseless. Of course the poor guy was part of the plan, but now regretfully wished he hadn't been. He merely owed Kris a favor. Hey, if you're in the Underground World, most likely, you owe Kris a favor. Kris smirked, turned around and slowly started to walk away from the scene. Everyone but his gang followed his retreating figure, confused. However, his gang only focused their attention at the opposing gang, with smug smiles and began to crouch into their fighting stances.

"Finish this," were Kris's retreating words. Then all hell broke loose. Gun shots rang out, punches and kicks were thrown. The Yin She were definitely taken off guard.

Well this would definitely be the last battle for the Yin She.

 

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kris sat in the back of his black Mercedes, just looking out the window. His head clouded with overwhelming thoughts and emotions. He felt a sudden rush of exhaustion and not to mention the jet lag. A long, deep groan left his lips, and his head fell as sight slowly left him.

                                                              ~Dreamscape~

"You know what? I don't even understand WHY you're complaining. You're NEVER home, always traveling to God-knows-what country! You basically have a life of your own, in the REAL world. So why can't I have mine?! You don't understand how frustrating it is! I understand that you do what you have to do, but I can't put up with this anymore. I'm not making you choose between me and your job, but if it has really come to this, then I'm going to make that choice for you."

Was she going to leave him?

He had to quickly explain to her why he had to leave alone so often. It wasn't like he wanted to leave. He stumbled for the right words, desperately trying to convince her to stay. However he wasn't aware of his own words. It was all a blur, next thing he knew, he was a hair away from Amy, his love, but all he could see was red, which was his anger taking over. His inner beast recoiled when he saw a small tremble of Amy's lips and smelt unshed tears. No. He tried to apologize to her, to coax her he didn't mean his harsh words. However, she kept walking away. No. No! She couldn't! She had to stay by him. She had to. His body was too frozen from shock to move. He tried to call for her, asked her if she was coming back. She would right? He needed reassurance, but he couldn't get any.

"Amy!", he called after the car which was taking her farther and farther away from him, "please don't leave me!" He dropped to his knees.

"Amy, please don't leave me. Please! Amy! I love you, Amy please don't leave me! I love you." He kept repeating those words like a mantra, hoping it was all a joke, that she would just turn back and laugh it off.

                                                                       ~Reality~

The chauffeur looked back at his master worriedly, when he heard his mumbling. Was his master trying to tell him something?

"...Am......do....le....Emi......ly......lo.......you.......Emi...ly.......Lo......." His master's mumbling continued.  Who was this Emily Lowe? The chauffeur looked through the programmable screen in the front for a contact list. Scrolling down, he saw that there was an indeed Emily Lowe there. He pressed the contact name which then led him to a page that showed her address and information. Was she his lover? The man wondered, after all it was only his first day. If this is what master wanted, then it was his job to provide for his master.

"Sir, sir. Sir! We've arrived." His chauffeur gently shook the tired man. Blinking, Kris reluctantly regained consciousness. He slowly stepped out his car and stumbled up the patio steps, his eyes not yet adjusting to the real world, with nothing more than a half-assed wave back to his driver. Kris made his way up the staircase while ing his white dress shirt. His belt clattered to the ground and his pants fell when he entered the bedroom. He climbed into bed in only his boxers and wrapped himself around his love.

It was good to be home. If only he knew......

 

If only he knew.