First Meeting

Minseok's Sister

It wAs a quiet evening as the sun and light sunk deeper into the cascading sky, inviting shadow and darkness. Jina was perched at her bedroom window, counting the cars that rolled through the white caked pavement. She huffed and let out an overdue exaggerated sigh that cleared her hazed window.

What's taking him so long? A movement from around the corner of her house caught her eye. It was her oppa. She mused as soon as she saw what he was wearing. He had on layers and layers of clothing and a matching hat and beanie to top off his getup. Typical Minseok oppa. He hates the cold. Minseok reached the doorsteps of the victorian mansion, but Jina had already risen from her position at the window to answer the door.

Jina ran down the stairs not missing a beat. She didn't even wait to catch her breath as she swung the door wide open only to be welcomed by the howling winds of winter and flakes of snow. She frowned slightly and stepped outside. She felt a shudder snake its way down her spine as she felt the contact of winter. Before her brain can process the winter's presence, she saw a flitter of movement on her right. Suddenly, she was lifted and carried into the house only to be settled down on the couch as a burly figure stared down at her with crinkling eyes. She only giggled and sat up. Minseok had already settled himself down on green armchair just like he used to. "This seat is cold and rigid. I'm guessing no one's been warming it up for me." Minseok said as a matter of factly. Jina could already feel the house slowly warmjng up even if the fire wasn't brewing.
"Well, now that you're here your can warm it up." Jina giggled.

"Don't say , Jina." Minseok said, but there was no condescending tone to his voice as he smirked.

Jina grinned from ear to ear. She hadn't realized she missed him that much, but her blurred vision betrayed her. She quickly wiped the incoming droplets of water from her eyes away before her brother noticed she was tearing up. Even though she missed Minseok, she didn't want her brother teasing her.

The past year without her nagging, but endearing brother had taken a toll on her. Jina was mostly preoccupied with school, friends, and piano practice, but being there were times when she felt so alone. She felt the lack of his presence at times when both her parents were held up at business meetings and she was holed up in the empty mansion.

Closing his eyeslids, Minseok asked,"Mom and Dad at work?" 

She nodded before realizing his eyelids were closed, but she knew there was no need to say it. Minseok already knew. Jina really didn't mind her parent's absence much, but perhaps it was because she was so used to it. Ever since she could remember, it was always Minseok and her at the house. They had maids and servants over but none dared to befriend the two children. The household of the Victorian mansion was run under a strict and proper regime. While Minseok usually abidded by the rules, it was harder for the rebellious, young Jina to obey. Nevertheless, Jina did as she was told day after day, hiding her repent for her parents' rules, but there were occasions in which she slipped up and lost her composure to the dark , wild side.

"Jina, have you been eating lately? You look even skinnier the last time I saw you," Minseok asked, pulling her out of her thoughts. It's true Jina had lost quite a bit of weight, but it was unintentional. Balancing school work and piano practice, Jina's meals were comprised of quick snacks during car rides. 

"Oppa it's because I haven't eaten ramen in a long time!" She answered, wiggling her eyebrows as she dropped hints to her brother. Of course, Jinah knew it was partially true. She hasn't eaten much ramen because everytime she did it didn't feel right without Minseok oppa. Eating ramen late at night was a special ritual she shared with Minseok oppa.

"You know what that means. Ramen time! Let's go!" Minseok exclaimed, getting up from his seat.

"Really?! Minseok oppa you are the best!" Jina squealed while jumping around. Minseok could only laugh as he patted her back to calm her down.

"Oh appa, your treat, right?" Jina asked with doe like eyes. 

"Yeah yeah," Minseok mused. 

They made their way into the kitchen as Minseok familiarized himself with the setting as he opened cupboards and drawers. Jinah sat herself on the counter. "Before I forget, I'm bringing a friend over and he'll be staying with me this winter." Minseok said while taking turning on the stove, the fire didn't start right away. Jinah made her way into the kitchen, adjusting a few knobs until a small burst of fire ignited. 

"Oh how long is he staying?" She asked. Jinah didn't want to admit it, but she had secretly hoped he wouldn't stay long. She only had Minseok for winter and she wanted to spend time with her brother. Just her and her brother.

"Only for awhile. Don't worry he I'll make time for you." He teased as he pinched the bridge of her nose. Jinah  wrinkled her nose, but before she could retort, the doorbell rang. 

"Speaking of, that'd be him."

Minseok left Jinah to answer the door. Jinah sighed. She had hoped she could get some quality time with her oppa, but it doesn't look like that's happening today. Brushing her pessimism aside, Jinah reached for a dried noodle, nibbling it before Minseok caught her. 

"Jinah, this is my friend Luhan."

Jinah gasped when she turned around, unable to hide her surprise. Jinah turned around to see a handsome, young man, but his looks didn't surprise her because she's seen him. Anyone who meets Luhan once could never forget his features. She memorized his facial features; from the curves and lines of his lips to his delicate eyes. She had memorized every detail because she had thought she would never see him again.