TWO

#project365

 

 

I don’t design clothes, I design dreams.

- Ralph Lauren -


 

Kyung Soo scrolled through his page and read through the thousands of comments on the little few pictures he had posted. With each message, his scowl deepened, to the point, it looked like constipation to Baek Hyun who was sitting across him on the luxury of his own bed.

“Yah, you’re ruining my appetite!” Baek Hyun reprimanded immediately, his mouth full with chips and eyes glued to his laptop, watching a movie.

Kyung Soo casted disdained looks at his direction and returned to his phone screen. All these Oppa, you’re the best!, Oppa, I love you! and Kyung Soo, you’re the cutest! are starting to get to him. And he didn’t know how to answer all those fans. He’s literally stuck!

“Baek Hyun, how many followers do you have on your Instagram?” he asked out of nowhere, making the former looked up suddenly and hit the ‘pause’ button on his movie. He quickly swallowed and a grin crept onto his face.

“Oh, are we comparing numbers now? Cool! Let me get my phone,” the older of them two got up from his position and grabbed his phone that was resting just a few inches away from him. He swiped it and quickly found the app, accessing it.

“I have 1.7 mil, how’s yours?”

“And how many posts have you put up?” Kyung Soo asked more.

Baek Hyun shrugged. “Maybe around 14; why are you asking?”

Kyung Soo looked back down to his screen. So far, he has had 1.4 mil followers, a feat, everyone would tell him, and he has only posted up pictures he’s taken with some of the members, so to sum it all, he has only 5 posts. The M-line members are currently promoting in China so he couldn’t get his hands on them. And he’s too awkward to put up his selfie. Unlike Byun Baek Hyun, he actually has shame.

Baek Hyun rolled his eyes when he saw Kyung Soo heaved a sigh. It didn’t take a genius to know what’s up and Baek Hyun is a genius. Leaning forward, he snatched the phone out of his band mate’s hand. “You’re still worrying about this Instagram?”

“Baek, in case you haven’t noticed, I have nothing!”

“Kyung Soo, the point of this app is not to show off. It’s to connect with the fans and your friends,” he replied shortly. “You don’t have to be burdened to post something every week.”

“I have 1.4 million followers! If I don’t post something up, it’s weird. They have all these expectations and…”

“Fine…” Baek Hyun snapped to cut his sentence short. He finally got up to his feet, still carrying the phone in his hand. He walked over to their shared closet and slid open the door.

Kyung Soo opened his mouth to ask what he was doing with his side of the closet when Baek Hyun clicked the shutter. The dull digital camera sound hit his eardrums, jolting him from his position. “Yah, Baek Hyun, what are you doing?”

The guy shrugged again. “I’m showing your fans what kind of wardrobe you have.” Moments later, he tossed the phone back to Kyung Soo. “It’s done and you’re welcome.”

Baek Hyun clambered back onto his bed, lie on his belly and hit the ‘play’ button again, this time, blocking out Kyung Soo. Meanwhile, Kyung Soo stared in horror at his screen as comments after comments started flooding in.

‘Oppa, there is only black.’

‘Oppa, you are really neat. Come and help me clean mine.’

‘Black is going to be my new favorite color!’

He sighed in defeat. That was until one comment caught his eyes.

 

Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.

- Coco Chanel -

 

     He turned to look at the user ID. – Midnight Queen

     And a smile slowly crept onto his face. He didn’t know why but he just did. It was amusing to him.

     Black has it all. Its beauty is absolute. I am absolute.

*

Mi Kyung clicked the ‘refresh’ button again. - Nothing.

She sighed in boredom as her cursor roamed over to her profile and she clicked on it. The stats stared back at her as she stared at them. It was pathetic. She followed close to 20 friends, none of which followed her back, with the exception of Hana of course. And she followed almost 50 known brands, designers and celebrities. But today, it was dead quiet.

Slowly, she moved her mouse to close down the page, but again, like drawn by a string, she clicked ‘refresh’ again. And a new picture popped out. Along with it was a string of comments that kept on increasing in numbers as the seconds ticked by. She smiled in amusement at the messages fans left and at the lack of colors in this idol’s closet.

‘He really does only wear black,’ she thought to herself.

 And slowly, she proceeded to leave him a message too, thinking he might want some words of encouragement.

Once she’s done, she returned to her main page. A quick glance at the clock tells her that Hana would be here any minute for their study session. Mi Kyung sighed. – Good old Hana!

She has been helping her with school work since their first year university. It was expected of course, seeing Hana is top student in their year and that they were best friends. But these days, Mi Kyung is not very sure who her friends are anymore. And the numbers on her computer screen told her just that.

Even so, Mi Kyung would like to think that they were the opposite ends of a coin – The same yet entirely different.

Physically, they were alike, almost twin-like. They had the same petite built, the size that sometimes pass off as a minor; the same facial shape with almond shaped bright eyes and cheery pout lips; and similar hair that were curled into light brown princess curls. It’s just that Hana used to hide her intelligent eyes behind thick glasses while Mi Kyung accentuated hers with glamorous eye make-ups. But now, Hana has contacts and Mi Kyung has the scars to hide.

Besides that, they were of opposite ends. Mi Kyung was born and raised in a prestigious family; her dad a property developer tycoon and her mom a former Miss Korea. Hana, on the other hand, was adopted by a modest family; her father a struggling architect until Mi Kyung’s dad, Mr. Cho hired him, and her mother passed away seven years ago.

They were both second year Arts & Designs students; Hana, the nerdy top student and Mi Kyung, the pretty social butterfly. In everyone’s eyes, they had nothing in common and shouldn’t even travel in the same social circle, but they did. Without each other, they wouldn’t be the way they are now.

A soft beep at her phone tore her attention away from her computer. She picked it up, excited that she’s even receiving a text message these days. It was Hana:

Hey, Mi Kyung, I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it to our study session today. I’m still at the library. Prof. Ha is killing us all with assignments!

The girl sighed again, quickly replying her friend with a short message that she didn’t mind and that she shouldn’t feel bad about it. Hana replied a short while later and it was the end. She placed down the phone and returned to the only window of solace she had. The blue and white screen remained impassive to her.

Mi Kyung hit ‘refresh’ again.

Rolls of pictures popped up and she began her routine of scrolling through them again. Suddenly, her finger stopped at a picture. They were at the school library, all four of them, wearing nerdy glasses and pouting at the camera with books in hands.

A tear rolled down her eye, a hidden sob rose from her insides. Slowly, she moved her mouse to the ‘x’ button at the top right corner on the screen and quite reluctantly, she clicked.

Mi Kyung rolled her chair to the closet she used to be so proud of, all her dresses and shoes waiting to be admired and put on. Her phone in hand, she raised it and snapped a picture of the dream room every girl would kill to own.

She wrote:

I don’t design clothes, I design dreams.

- Ralph Lauren -


 

I just remembered I still have this fic to worry about. Lolx... (-_-lll) Am sick on bed now and the brain was going haywire. Wanted to update both fics but I guess for today, this will have to do. Cause Kyung Soo is too adorable to me right now. Hehe

I hope everyone likes this chapter. I try to portray Kyung Soo as this awkward guy who is always needing Baek's help with fan services, which I think it's kinda true. 

Thank you everyone who's been reading, commenting,  subscribing & upvoting. It means alot to me. Keep them coming~^^