Now, that's breakfast

The 'Write' Mix
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She sees the cold before she feels it.

Once she opens her eyes, fogged up windows welcome her vision. 
She could see the bleak state of the weather outside as dark clouds continue to fill up the sky.

Sooyoung would have thought it that it was just early in the evening if it wasn't for the morning news blaring on the television.

The tropical storm may strengthen into a typhoon, with sustained winds of at least 74 mph, early in the day.

Well that's good news. It was rare to have this kind of weather in Seoul during summer so she thinks of this as a little miracle.

Typhoons = cancelled flights = no call-ins for extra help in flights.

Perfect. She can sleep in for as long as she wants today. If Seohyun would do as much as send her an SMS, she'll really tell security that the girl has been sneaking sweet potatoes and cherry tomatoes across country borders since they've been flight attendants two years ago.

Sooyoung smirks-clearly satisfied with her plan of ruining the image of the poster child of flight steward perfectness.

She hugs one of her pillows and was about to go back to dozing off when she pulls out a flimsy silk nightgown from under it.

Sooyoung does't do nightgowns.

But her girlfriend does.

Sooyoung sits up and looks around; her room wasn't really trashed, save for some empty beer cans, chip bags, and a few clothes lying around. With all the alcohol they had last night, it was a wonder she doesn't have the urge to puke her innards out.

She reaches out to touch the other side of the bed and feels cold sheets. Where did she go? It feels like it's been a while since the other got out of bed. 

If the other is up, Sooyoung should too. Why would she sleep on a cold, empty bed when she could wrap herself in the warmth of her lover's arms?

As she gets off the bed, she takes a glimpse of the clothes strewn carelessly on the floor, trying to find a decent one to wear around the house. She vaguely remembers wearing a dress shirt and denim pants last night, but she could only spot the latter among the mess. Defeated, she opts to grab a fresh shirt from her drawer. Before she leaves, she spots something at the corner of her eye. In of the fogged up glasses, there was a message meant for her to see.

Meet you downstairs for breakfast. ❤️🐱

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter