The Silent One

The Silent One - EXO Xiumin

Hullo..:) trying my hand at one shots..:) 
this is for my beloved boazi who should learn to speak up..^^
Fighting Oppa!

btw, I didn't put a name for the female lead so you can pretend to be it.:) I know that most one shots are written in second person but I  writing using that voice.. so yeah enjoy..:)

 

++++oo00oo++++ 

His warm hand holding mine was nice as we strolled around the dimly lit park. I was jabbering away talking nonsense while he listened with half smile that I can tell was out of amusement but his eyes were looking far away.

“Oppa! You’re not listening to me!” I pouted.

He laughed self consciously and scratched his head.

“Sorry Jagiya. I’m a bit sleepy.” He answered and yawned.

My small fit of irritation immediately vanished.

“Umin why did you get out with me if you were sleepy? You should have gone to rest instead.” I said my brow creasing.

 “I’m fine.” He answered pulling me closer. “Besides I missed you.”

“But you need to rest!”

“I’m fine. The vitamins that Joon Myeon made me drink are just making me sleepy.”

“We should go back then.”

“No. I promised you a stroll.”

“Xiumin!”

“Come on Jagiya. I know you like the view from over there.”

“You’re so stubborn. I’m calling Lu Oppa.”

I pulled out my phone and it instantly disappeared from my hand as he swiped it like swiper the fox and pocketed it in his coat.

“Min Seok!”

“Don’t you want to go on a walk with me then?” He asked and pulled out one of his best weapons. Darn baozi face.

“arrgghhh! You make me worry too much!” I exclaimed.

He chuckled and tugged my hand and we resumed walking. It was silent for a few minutes but I can’t stand silence.. I have this unexplainable need to fill silences. So you can imagine me talking nonsense since most of the time my boyfriend likes to shut his mouth.

“and then Ann was spazzing around when she saw the new BTS MV. I admit Jung Kook is cute but Suga is stealing my heart-“

“Stealing your heart?” He interrupted.

“Umm yes. You know-“

“Should I be worried?”

I stared at him for a moment before laughing at loud. He lets go of my hand and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“I’m being serious.” He said in a dead pan voice making me laugh even harder. “YAH!”

“Sorry Oppa your mad face is just too adorable.”

“You-!”

“Hey that sounds like Xiumin Oppa’s voice!!” A voice shouted from behind us in a very excited tone.

My eyes met his for a second, the panic in mine reflecting in his, before he shoved his hoodie on and grabbed my hand. He proceeded to stroll away calmly from the group of teenage girls that were rounding the corner towards us.

“Oppa..” I said my voice shaking in fear. I started to tug my hand away from his grip. Those girls will kill me if they find my holding hands with a member of EXO.

“Just keep walking.” He ordered his voice very calm but I can tell he was also nervous with the slight tremor in his hand that was firmly holding mine. “Come on Jagiya. Walk.”

I numbly followed his orders and walked beside him but I can’t pretend to be calm like he was. My body was already shaking in fear. The voices were already drawing closer.

“Don’t look back. Just keep on walking.” Xiumin ordered quietly when I tried to look behind us. I managed a glance at the fans.

“Where is he?!” A girl wearing a t-shirt with Kris’s face on it shouted.

“Jagiya.” He said with concern as I started to shake more violently.

“THERE!!”  Another girl screamed and my heart froze as footsteps thundered towards us.

Then it went past us. I look up to see 10 girls running like it was a marathon towards a guy walking away from us. He was Xiumin’s height and had the same colored pink hair. I watched transfixed as they ran.

“Come on now. Let’s go this way.” Xiumin said quietly putting an arm around my shoulders and leading me to a tree lined path.

It was silent as we walked. My mind was still reeling a bit.

“Do you want to hear a funny story?” He suddenly asked.

I glance at him and shook my head.

“Come on it’s really funny. It involves a deer, a unicorn, a panda and a troll.”

I rolled my eyes at his attempt at humor.

“You forgot Kris Oppa.”

“Oh no. No dragons in this story. Only a galaxy obsessed boy.”

“Are you trying to fill up the silence Oppa?”

He chuckled and pulled me close to put a kiss on my temple.

“Sorry. I’m just so used to you talking. I like hearing your voice Jagiya.”

“Uh hu.”

“Really.”

“Right.”

“Do you still want to hear the story?”

“Uhh.. I think Chanyeol already told me about it Oppa and seriously hearing fan fics about you guys is weird. I read one and man, was my eyes scared. Kai is a ert? He hardly even says hi to girls!”

“I know. Poor kid.” Xiumin answered as we reached the bench where we always sit to hang out.

It was the bench where we first met. It was when Xiumin nearly fainted out of dehydration from exercising too much and I happen to be sitting there staring at the beautiful lights from Seoul.

“Kai has one of the hardest images to keep up since it’s a far cry from his personality.” I said as I sat down.

“Do you like Jong In Jagiya?” He asked as he placed his coat on my shoulders since I was still shaking.

“Of course I do.  Kai’s a great dancer and has dogs and is really really handsome.” I answered tugging on his arm to make him sit down beside me. “But I like you better.”

He laughed and looked away to hide the blush on his face. Too late I already saw it and squealed, throwing my arms around him childishly.

“Is my Baozi jealous?” I teased.

“A bit honestly.”

“You’re too adorable for words. I want to fan girl right now.”

“Don’t tell me you’re becoming a fan now.”

“I am a fan Oppa just not like those girls.”

“Sorry about that. I know you were scared Jagiya.”

“Yes I was terrified. I’m not like Emily that can freely take pictures with you guys.”

“Sorry.”

“I wonder how they knew your voice. You don’t talk that much. They must have it on replay in their head.”

“Maybe. I am a member of a famous group. I’m the trend baby!”

“Oppa please stop imitating Kris.” I said dryly letting him go.

He laughed and stretched out his arms skyward.

I sighed and looked at the city. The lights twinkling and sparkling.  It was mesmerizing to watch and yet I suddenly feel sad.

How right he is when he said he’s famous. He might not be the most famous member but he’s still famous and sometimes – no scratch that I wonder every time how on earth did I manage to make him my boyfriend.  I only gave him my water bottle and then the next thing I knew it was secret coffee dates. Then I was living the dream of every single fan girl. I was able to meet the 12 wolves which were honestly more like puppies and Xuimin became mine.

Mine. He’s mine but sometimes I wonder for how long. He’s still under his agencies dating ban and his rabid fans will kill me if they find out. I’m not a Kpop star that can meet the standards they have on who can date their ‘Oppas’.

“A penny for your thoughts?”

I just smiled softly and continued to look at the city.

“Jagiya?”

“I’m not thinking of anything deep Oppa. I’m just wondering how I manage to do what every fan girl wants to do.”

“Which is?”

“Call you mine.”

He laughed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“You must have placed something on that bottle of water Jagiya.”

“dang how did you know?”

“wild guess maybe and tell whoever made it that the formula is faulty .”

“Huh why? I got you.”

“Yes but the effect of the potion wore off and yet here I am still crazy about you.”

“Have you been hanging with Lay too much Xiumin?”

“Hey! I’m trying to be romantic here!”

I laugh and hugged him tightly. He leaned towards me to ruffle my hair fondly.

“But seriously Jagiya what were you thinking about?”

“Do you really want to know Oppa?”

”well yes. I like knowing everything about you but if you’re not ready to tell me it’ll be fine too.” He answered.

I sighed deeply again and looked at the city lights.

How long will he be mine…? I think my time’s up already. The fates are already moving to separate us.

“Jagiya. You’re making me worried. You haven’t said a word for 5 minutes already.” Xiumin said gently shaking my shoulder.

 “how do long do I usually stay silent Oppa?” I asked a bit distracted.

“The longest would have a few seconds longer of a minute. That was when Suho went out of the bathroom half and you were in the living room.” Xiumin answered smiling at me.

I’m sure he was expecting a laugh or a long ode of how awesome Suho’s abs is but I can’t do what I normally do. My mind was too muddled.

A crease formed on his smooth brow as he saw the half smile I flashed as an answer.

“Jagiya. Please tell me whatever it is, I might be able to help.”

“I..”

“Is your dad sick again? Does he need medicine? I think I can loan you some money if you want.”

“No Oppa. Dad’s fine.” I answered reaching out to ruffle his pink hair. I initially didn’t like the choice of color but it’s growing on me. I prefer it over his orange hair.

“Then what? Can I help?”

“You’ve help me too much already Oppa.”

“I like helping. Please Jaiya, tell me what’s wrong. Why is my Jagiya sad?”

I sighed and looked into his eyes for a moment. The brown color he has always reminded me of coffee and being home when it’s raining.

“Manager Oppa and I had a talk. A long talk.” I said.

“Did he ask you to break up with me again? I told him to stop meddling with my personal life.”

“Shhss. It’s nothing like that Oppa.” I said soothingly. “He just said that a few fans are already suspicious of me working as your tutor. There are already inquiries from them and also from the higher ups.”

“So?”

“I’m starting to receive death threats oppa.”

“what?! When?? Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

“It was when you were in Japan. I didn’t want you to worry about me since all of you were practically worried about Lay then. I didn’t want to be a bother.”

“Jagiya!”

“I received a book, one of my books, torn into shreds and with a note saying to leave if not the next to be torn to shreds will be me. I don’t know how they managed to get their hands on that book. It was one of my favorites since you gave it to me last Christmas.”

“I’ll buy you another one but Jagiya, you should tell me about these things. Who else knows?”

“only manager Oppa and now you.”

“How come manager hyung knows?”

“He was there when I opened the package.” I shivered remembering the book in the box torn and colored red.

“Poor Jagiya. I’m sorry I wasn’t there. Where was I?”

“In your comeback concert.”

“oh. Sorry Jagiya. Is that what you and Manager Hyung talked about? About adding security?”

“ummm no.”

“Then?”

“He warned me that it will get worse. Much much worse and it won’t only affect me but also my family.” I paused from a moment and looked at him. His face was now looking his age and also showing the fatigue that he had to endure to perform all those concerts and TV guestings.  “He also said that if the fans and higher ups find out about us it will damage your career.”

A pause.

“What did Manager Hyung suggest you should do then?”

“He said it’s up to me. He’ll help me out with whatever I choose. Contrary to what you guys think of him he does care a lot about you guys that he’s willing to be a bad guy for your safety.”

“So what are you planning to do then?”

I didn’t answer him but looked back at the city. The lights have always managed to cheer me up from my loneliness of being along here in Korea while my family is in another country but even they can’t do anything now.

I felt his fingers tug on my hand and it then intertwined with mine. He then lifted our intertwined hands and softly kissed mine.

I sighed. How perfect it felt to hold his hand.

“Jagiya?”

“I should break up with you Xiumin.”

Another pause of silence.

“No.”

“Yes I should.”

“No. If you were doing it for your safety then I might consider it but you’re doing it for me Jagiya. So No. No I’m not allowing you to break up with me. No.”

“But Xiumin your career..you’re just starting to become really famous, I don’t want to be the block that will stop you from becoming legends.  You’re already starting to be comfortable in front of the camera.”

“I’m comfortable in front of it because I imagine I’m just talking to you.”

My brows rose automatically at that one, I didn’t know about that.

“Really. Beakhyun found out about my trick and I suffered weeks of teasing for it.”

“Poor Xiumin.”

He grinned and leaned forward offering his hair for me to ruffle. I reach out with my free hand to do so and smiled sadly.

“Jagiya if you do break up with me, which I’m never ever allowing to happen, won’t it be awkward with you being our tutor and such?”

“Hmm about that one..”

“Yes?”

“I have a job offer to go to England Xiumin. It’s kind of surprising how fast it happened but yeah I do have an offer to work and also study further there. It’s surprising but also suspicious.”

“Can’t it be a ploy by some derange fan?”

“I had Lindy check it out and they’re legit. Lindy is beyond excited to have me there and I..” I stopped, took a deep breath and realize I can’t continue talking.

“You love England. You’ve been dreaming of going there ever since you were a kid right?”

I nod instead of answering.

“Funny how everything seems to be already in place..all you need to do is leave.”

“There lies my problem.” I answered in a small voice.

Xiumin looked at me silently asking what it is.

“I don’t want to leave. I’ve been mulling over it for a few days and every time I think of leaving you ..”

He squeezed my hand comfortingly before answering.

“Will you be safer there?”

“I think so. Lindy is a force to reckon with if ever some fans follow me there although I don’t know why they will follow me there in the first place.”

“then you should go.”

“But you just said that-“

A finger was placed on my lips to silence me.

“I said you should go I’m not saying you should break up with me. You can be in England and still be my girlfriend.”

“But-“

“Unless you really want to break up with me?”

“I just said I can’t!!” I answered a bit loudly.

A beautiful smile graced Xiumin’s face when I said that.

“Then don’t break up with me, just go to England and still be my girlfriend. The moment that darn dating ban is lifted and I become too rich to care for other’s opinions, I’m declaring you mine. How’s that for a plan?”

I stared at him for a moment before nodding.

“You’ll love England Jagiya. They have a rich culture and the food.”

“They don’t have baozis”

“I’ll send you a pack every week.”

“Do you really want me to go Xiumin?”

He sighed and pulled me close, wrapping his arms around me.

“No. I don’t want you to go. I like having you here beside me. I like seeing your smile, smelling your perfume. I like hearing your voice and seeing you fight with the boys over food… but those sasanghe fans are scary Jagiya. You’ll be in mortal danger if they ever learn about you and me. I rather have you far away and safe then here and in danger and knowing I can’t always be there to protect you. Why did I have to be famous?”

A smile tug on my lips at his attempt at conceitedness.

“I’ll miss you Umin.”

“Jagiya?”

“Hmm?”

“Please go back to calling me Oppa.”

“Ohhh alright Oppa.”

He chuckled as I smile and pinched his full cheeks.

“I’ll miss you too, more then you’ll ever know.” He said after a moment. “You won’t go falling for those men in England right? You’re a er for those men with accents.”

“Oh darn.. I should tell Lindy to cancel all those blind dates she arranged for me then.”  I teased.

“yah!”

“I’m kidding Oppa.  While I’m away can you learn to speak in that accent?”

“I’ll have to collar Kris to teach me.”

“Right when I come back you’ll have to be fluent in English then eh?”

“Of course.” He answered in english making me laugh.

“you still have a lot to learn Oppa. Work hard okay?”

He nod and smiled.

I sighed.

He tilted his head to the side looking at me with question in his eyes again. I was so used to his silent gestures that I just answered absentmindedly.

“I’m just sad.”

“Me too but we’ll be fine.”

I smile at the conviction in his voice.  We will be fine.

“We should go back.” I murmured a few minutes later. “the boys must already miss their hyung.”

“Nah. I think we can stay a few minutes longer. This is the time that Tao usually hunts for people to go shower with him. I’m not in the mood to do so.” He answered kissing my hair along the process. “I want to spend as much time as I can with you. Them I will see everyday..  with you, my time is limited.”

“Do you know that Tao actually asked me once to accompany him?” I said in an amused tone.

“Please tell me you didn't say yes.”

“Nope I was saved by Kris and Lay.” I answered grinning. “I’ll miss those boys too.”

“By the way you talk about them you sound older than them. You’re too mature for your age Jagiya… one of the things I like about you.”

“Just like not love?”  I said in a teasing tone.

He didn’t answer me and I just shrug it off. Xiumin and I didn't really exchange “I love you’s” ever since we started dating. What we had just sort of fell into place. It was so natural that even the boys didn’t question it.

“I love you Jagiya.”

My mind was jarred from its pleasant peace with the statement.  I turned my upper body to face him. I felt my eyes grow wide as I see that he had a serious look on his face. His brows were creased and his lips were set in a straight line.

“I love you.” He repeated more to himself then to me. “By golly wow. I do love you.”

“And you just realized that now?” I said trying to sound amused but my voice broke.

I wasn't complaining when I said he never said I love you to me but everyone wants to hear those words.. right? The wave of pleasure and happiness that went through me as he repeated it again was indescribable.

“I love you.” He said cupping my face in his hands.

“I love you too you silly Baozi.” I answered rolling my eyes at his ecstatic face. “Can I have my face back now?”

He didn't let me go but instead titled his head to the side.

“I also realized something other than that.”

“Oh care to share?” I said as I tried to squirm away before I melt from his intense gaze.

“I never had the chance to kiss you.”

My squirming stopped. I felt my heart stop and start back again at an irregular pattern that resembled the wild beating of the drums from Africa. I felt the heat the rushed to my face as I tried to look away.

“Oy. Look at me.”

I can’t. I needed to breathe. I raised my hands and gently pried his hands away from my face.  I looked down and took a few deep breaths.

“Jagiya? Are you okay?” Xiumin asked.

“I’m fine.. just don’t go pulling out observations like that from thin air Oppa.” I answered smiling.

“But it’s true!” he said pouting.

I leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on his lips. The shocked look on his face was priceless; it made me laugh as he blinked fast several times.

“There. Now you can cross it out of your list.” I said amused as he shook his head.

“That wasn’t the kiss that I meant so not counted.” He answered in a rather husky voice as his arms went around my waist pulling me close.

“Uhh Oppa wh-“

Whoever said that Xiumin is all made up of gentleness and fluff didn’t know this part of him. I actually sung a few notes of Let out the Beast in my head before all sanity was wiped away by his lips moving against mine.

My arms went around him; the first one wrapped itself on his neck holding on for dear life while the other one went to his hair. My eyelids closed as I kissed him back without any hesitation.

Alas the emotions in my head and the biological need of my body for air were too hard to withstand. I need to pull away before I combust. Breaking the kiss, I pulled away a few inches as I panted for breath. Xiumin’s ragged breathing matching mine. He leaned forward placing his forehead on mine as we tried to catch our breath.

A vain attempt on my part since he started to trail kisses on my chin making me breathless again. He pulled me into his lap as he nuzzled the nook behind my ear making me shiver. I mumbled a half complaint and I felt his lips form a smile.

“I love you.” He whispered before kissing me again and again and again.

++++oo00oo++++