SIGNAL BOOST

30 DAY WRITING CHALLENGE - DAY 1: THE BADDEST GIRLS (THE BADDEST FEMALE X BAD GIRLS)

Before you read the story, hold onto your seats and prepare to hear a long- rant that urgently needs to be heard. If you skip this section, you're an , and you're going to see a very similar message in the story below anyway.

 

Oppression of women and men alike is evident enough in this trend of the Hallyu Wave; and I understand - ualisation sells. It's the same all over the world in pop music. Similarly, I also understand that the majority of the fans of K-Pop are young and mainly underage, and perhaps are not aware of such issues of objectification, abuse and , or how serious it really all is. Well, now you're going to learn.

 

It really irked me, the other day, when I was reading through some of my old stories on here. There's a particular one, involving Big Bang, where Seungri tries to forcibly come on to G-Dragon after tying him up when he is unconcious. He reasons, "It's not if you enjoy it".

 

When I initially wrote this, I meant it in lighthearted fun, as in he didn't really mean it, he wouldn't actually venture further if Jiyong didn't want him to, it's a joke. However, when I showed my friend, he disagreed, and disliked this part. At the time, I didn't understand. I knew how important consent was, and since Jiyong threw him off in the end after that joke, it was okay, right?

 

Wrong.

 

Re-reading what I myself had written, I felt incredibly awkward. I then realised how young the readers actually are on this site, despite the ratings and age verifications. Especially after tripping over a scenario blog on Tumblr last night that spun multiple stories of falling in love with your favourites oppas as mafia members, I realised how such dangerous, damaging and unthinkable scenarios can be so easily glamourised to the imagination.

 

I was then reminded of a time that a certain user (no naming names) once made a jarring comment on one of my first stories here. The running joke in my Big Bang G-Ri stories is that Taeyang/Youngbae is scarred for life after walking in on Jiyong and Seungri having , and constantly fears that he'll walk in on them again unintentionally. The user commented saying that all five members should become involved. Nothing wrong with that. Whatever floats your boat; personally, I like separate pairings and separate beds. I jokingly replied in reference to Youngbae's fear that it would probably be if he was forced to partake. The user replied ". Hmmmmmmm..."

 

No. Stahp. Why are you contemplating ? What is there to think about? There's only one word to say - NO.

 

Keeping calm, I simply stated in response that is never a good thing.

 

"Of course it isn't. But role play is. :3"

 

My mind was absolutely blown and torn to shreds by this comment. How could somebody ever believe - or want - to ever act out or pretend to be or another? And for how could other people enjoy the detailment of this act?

 

I then obviously let this user know that is NEVER okay, and said user accepted this with an 'okay' accompanied by a sad face. 

 

WHY SAD. ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU WANT TO BE ? ARE YOU ACTUALLY REQUESTING SOMEBODY TO FORCEFULLY VIOLATE YOU WITH THEIR ANATOMY FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE AND NONE OF YOURS?

 

Breathe, breathe.

 

Let me say this once, and I will only say it once, and if you question this, you are a ing moron, no two god damned ways about it:

 

is never acceptable. Under any circumstances or conditions whatsoever. NO MEANS NO.

The number of times this story will you tell you this, however, is definitely more than once.

 

I'm sorry, but I just really feel situations, really damaging, ruining, horrible situations need to be signal boosted on sites such as this. 

 

And if you DARE to challenge this statement, ing fire away. And before anyone asks - have I ever been or ually harassed? Do I know anybody who has ever been or ually harassed?

 

The answer is yes.

 

I myself have been ually harassed, and I have also been intimate with somebody without giving my permission first. It's something I seriously regret, and wasn't aware I was being taken advantage of at the time. "Apparently", it seemed "okay" because I wasn't saying "no", but at the same time I wasn't saying "yes". I wasn't saying anything. It was a ing violation of my body and my rights.

 

CONSENT IS EVERYTHING.

 

I would also like to take this chance to boost awareness of the fact that the majority of teenagers will try to take advantage of alcohol and the way it inhibits the body to get the pleasure they want, so please, readers, be careful of that. I have to admit the reason I wasn't saying "stop" or "no" was because I was ing drunk out of my skull, and had no clue what was going on. My friends who have been in similar situations of intimacy without consent admit this to be the same reason. So stay safe, people! Be careful.

 

Again, I have not been . But somebody I am incredibly close to has scraped near it. I won't detail it, but if somebody hadn't actually been nearby to chase off the attempted , she would have been left abused and on the tarmac of the alleyway (fortunately, the man who saved her gave her his coat because the attempted had torn her dress apart). I can't believe it happened to somebody like her, because she was just like me - she loved , she was open about it all the time, she was confident as , she was hot and she damn well knew it - she was a queen. But after the incident happened, she refused to tell anybody about it. She felt ashamed, and because of that, she didn't want to get any help either, because it would involve telling others. It broke my heart to see my usually so sharp and proud sister hiding away and terrified. 

 

People, just don't glamourise this . It's not okay. It's really ing not. I don't even want to say 'how would you like it if it happened to you', because is something that should never happen to anybody.

 

Hope you enjoy the story. Day 2 coming up next.

 


 

Day 1 —Select a book at random in the room.  Find a novel or short story, copy down the last sentence and use this line as the first line of your new story.

 

“And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Lolita.”

  • Lolita, Vladimar Nabokov

 

“I’m not your anything!” The girl spat. Her heels tapping on the damp pavement, she whirled around and attempted to walk away. But it was in vain. She was cornered, and she knew it.

 

“What are you saying?” A tall, sinister shadow of a man leered back at her from the opening of the alleyway. “Don’t be like that, come on. Not after the way you were looking at me in the club just now…”

 

The girl screwed her eyes shut, clamping her hands over her ears. She violently shook her head, her hair hitting her face like whips as she gave a frustrated squeal.

 

“Get away from me! Sicko!” She spat, glaring menacingly. However, her face was quick to morph back into a fearful frown, instantly remembering the threat of the situation. trembling, she began to protest, “I-I’m…I’m only sixteen…”

 

The man smirked like he’d won the lottery. “So you truly are a lolita. How wonderful,” He breathed in satisfaction. Whilst the girl was stood frozen to the spot in sheer fear, he began taking even, measured steps towards the girl. Each step sounded a gunshot, sent her heart kicking in double time. She knew what was coming. She knew she wouldn’t be strong enough to fend a man off.

 

“You’re just perfect for the picking,” He continued, the look on his face becoming even more lecherous as it loomed, just mere inches away from the girl. “Perfect for me. Young and beautiful. Sixteen’s legal in this country, isn’t it?”

 

“That it is. However-”

 

“- is but the opposite.”

 

Stood in the moonlight, framed by silver beaming down on the two figures, stood what could only be called the girl’s saviours.

 

“Who the are you?!” The man snarled, immediately turning around upon hearing voices. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, getting all up in my business! We’re busy here! Get the out!” He angrily yelled. However, he didn’t move from the girl. He stood between the damsel and the two heroes as a barrier, intent on making sure she couldn’t get away.

 

“Are you?”

 

“Really?”

 

The two figures began walking forward, two undeniably ominous and powerful presences. Blocking the moonlight streaming in from the alleyway, it was impossible to see their faces, but both voices were evidently female.

 

“Y-Yeah!” The man scrambled to answer, suddenly gripping the girl to his side. “We-We were having some-some fun, my girlfriend and I! So leave us the hell alone!”   

 

The girl’s eyes immediately widened. “No, I’m not-!” She began to protest, but the man automatically clamped his hand down over and nose. At loss for words and air, the girl began squealing in fear, widening her eyes desperately at the two figures.

 

“Sh-She’s just playing! Really!” The man quickly covered.

 

“We’re not.”

 

“And even if she is your girlfriend, which I sincerely doubt she is, is never acceptable.”

 

“Even if she was looking at you, is never acceptable.”

 

“Even if she was your wife and you swore vows of eternity to one another, is never acceptable.”

 

“Even if you loved one another, is never acceptable.”

 

“ is never acceptable.”

 

“Get the back!” The man shouted. The two figures were now face to face with the victim and the villain, and his back was dead set against the wall. Dead end.

 

“I’ll-I’ll kill her if you take another step closer!” He threatened. Keeping his grip tight around the girl’s mouth, his other hand darted into his coat pocket to extract a knife. Holding it against the girl’s face, he grinned maniacally at the figures, sure he had won.

 

“Not if we-“

 

“-Kill you first.”

 

Quick as a flash, the shorter of the figures darted forward. Her leg flew up and round in a circle, a lightning white platform sneaker circling above the girl’s face, brushing mere inches from the top of her head as the vessel continued its journey in a circle, grazing down the man’s face onto his right hand, sending the dagger hurtling to the ground. Whilst the villain was still reeling from the shock of the sudden attack and the pain in his hand, the same figure clutched the girl and yanked her from underneath the man’s weakened hold.

 

Unnie!” The figure cried once she’d pulled the girl back to safety.

 

Cocking and loading it, the man barely had time to register the sound of a gun clicking from the second figure, still stood before him.

 

“Don’t with bad girls.”

 

A single gunshot fired. It echoed the empty, deserted alleyway, as the two heroines vanished as instantaneously they had appeared…

 

~

 

“Holy , that was awesome.” CL cackled, pointing at the TV monitor. The credits had begun to roll, as an epic guitar riff wailed through the speakers. “Man, I love those old cowboy shoot-up films. It’s the first time I’ve seen one where the heroes are girls, though. Not to mention it sounds weird as hell dubbed into Korean. But still awesome.”

 

Hyori sighed, her head in her hands. “When you’re not working, you’re eating. When you’re not eating, you’re watching TV. Come on! We need to work on our collab!” The songstress said this despite the fact that she, too, had been glued to the television along with Chaerin, it was past four in the morning, and she was seconds away from crashing out at the desk. Besides, it wasn’t like they went as hardcore as G-ing-Dragon.

 

Regardless, CL knew when to respect a senior crowned ‘The Queen of K-Pop’, despite her lesser success nowadays. “Yes, unnie!” She sang, spinning on her chair around to face the table. As full of as much enthusiasm as ever, CL was used to waiting all night for her turn to record in a group track. “We’re gonna kill it at Gayo Daejun this year! Our performance is gonna be even more awesome than that cowboy movie! We’re out to slay!”

 

Hyori winced at CL’s shouting. Maybe she really was getting too old for this. That, or it was too early in the morning for a pep squad. “Let’s just get these lyrics done so we can go to sleep already.” Hyori groaned, a solo artist unaccustomed to the studio all-nighters typical of not only YG producers, but also its artists in numbers. “Tell your cowboy performance slaying to the stage director, not me.”

 

“Maybe I will…”

 

Inspired by: Lee Hyori x CL – Bad Girls + The Baddest Female (Gayo Daejun Collaboration Performance 2013)