3

Shadow

Days passed and a rumor spread throughout the company; that Minho likes someone else, someone who's not me. As a friend, I'm happy for him but as someone who secretly likes him, I'm currently having an emotional and mental breakdown. 
---
I set foot outside the SM Building. As my eyes caught Taemin-ssi. We didn't really have that strong bond. The only thing we shared in common is the thing that we are under the same company. I want to befriend him to know more about Minho but in my side, it was really awkward and awful.

"Annyeong haseyo, Taemin-ssi" I awkwardly approached him.

"Ah, Sulli-ssi. Annyeong haseyo." He brightly responded.

I got shocked when Taemin replied. I thought that he was this cold type of guy. The type to be SHINee's black sheep. But I was wrong, he was nice and very approachable. The type to treat girls warm. He's the guy that every girl would want to date and to marry.

"Do you have something to do tonight?" I fearlessly asked.

"No. Why?" He replied.

"I was thinking if we could have some tteokboki together." 

"Ah yes, I'm also hungry. Gaja!" 
---
We reached the nearest tteokboki stall. I didn't really want to eat with him because he's not my type. I'm here to win the game, to win Minho. And in order to win him, I have to this, I have to befriend everyone Minho is close to. And so the conversation started.

"Taemin-ssi. Have you heard of the rumor about Minho?" I cluelessly asked.

"Ah, yeah, why did you ask?" 

"Nothing nothing. But..the "no dating rule" is a part of the contract that we signed, right?"

"Well, that rule is about to end. Besides, they're still dating and still getting to know each other, right?"

"Yeah yeah yeah" I stuttered. 

The conversation ended but I didn't want it to end because I really want to know more about Minho and that rumor. Without any hesitations, I started a new conversation.

"Ah, on a scale of 1-10, how close are you and Minho?" 

"20! He's like my brother from another mother! No one can break our brotherly bond." He cheerfully replied. 

"Oh, is that so?"

I got jealous of Taemin. How I wish I was him for only a day. 
---
Days passed, Taemin and I got closer. The awkwardness was not there anymore. There were times when he approached me first. I didn't see this coming, but I was attacked by my conscience because my intention of befriending him was for my own benefit. But a part of me says, he's nice and I'm lucky to have him as a friend. No wonder Minho is close to him.
---

"Ya! Sulli-ssi. Your eomma is getting jealous because you spend your free time with Taemin and not with us." Victoria jealously stated.

"Aww, eomma, I promise, I'll make it up to you soon" 

"Since when did you and Taemin get close? We've been here for years but it seems like this is the first time you noticed him" Amber suspiciously asked.

"Uhm, It's a long story" 

"Are you going to join us later after our practice? Luna asked.

"Ah, sorry, unnie. I already have plans"

"Plans? With whom?" Victoria asked me.

"Ah sorry. I have to go now. Goodbye, I'll make it to you next time, unnies" 
---
"Sorry I'm late, Taemin" I apologized to him.

"It's okay. I already bought food for the both of us"

"Ah, thank you, Taemin."

"No prob. Now let's go the movie is about to start." Taemin told me.

Since he was in a hurry. He held my hands and pulled me inside the theater. I blushed because we had a skinship moment. 
---
"Ah, that movie was nice." He expressed his feelings.

"Ah, yes, keke" I turned back to him to reply. 

I didn't understand a thing in the movie. I lost my focus somewhere in the middle of the movie because of the skinship I shared with Taemin. But, no worries, I'll just watch it with my group. 

"Ya! Dongsaeng!" Someone shouted from behind.

"Ah. Minho hyung." He excitedly responded.

My jaw flew open. I don't know what to do. But an unknown force made me turn back. I suddenly felt awkwardness running through my veins. 

"Ah, Minho-oppa, annyeong." I shyly greeted him.

"Oh, Sulli-ssi. What are you doing here with Taemin?" He asked as he gave me and Taemin a suspicious look. 
---

Hello, I'm back with an update. Sorry if it took me days to post this new update.  Anyway, enjoy this update and don't forget to upvote. Shoutout to my co-author for helping me make this chapter.

-Mark :-)