I Broke My Promise

Still Love You

Luhan had been in the meeting room when Kris arrived. He couldn’t resist his smile saw Kris sent  him a death glare. He grabbed the phone and texted something...

To Kris : I’m sorry buddy, kekeke...

To Luhan : prepare your funeral, I would kill you after this

To Kris : .....

Meeting ended with dealing a business agreement both company. Luhan humped politely shake his client hand who patting his back, “Woah, Mr Xi must proud of you. You so qualified for this job, I’ve heard about your handsomeness and I admit now haha...”, Luhan just smile. “Oh, maybe next time we could have tea time together. My beautiful daughter.. you must know what I mean”, that man whispered, then leave followed his staffs. Luhan bowed.

 

Luhan throw his coat careless before his body collapse on the bed. Heavy sighed. He was trying close his eyes when the phone rang. Without peeked his phone screen, he sweep and answer the call.

“Luhan, where are you”, Kris’s voice

“My dreamland”, flat tone

“Oh God, sleep again? You should join us, we have small party to celebrate our deal tender”,

“Hey, you too noisy”, annoyed with Kris complain, get up from bed walking towards balcony then his noticed an apple on the table. “Kris, I’m hungry. Can I eat your apple?”, grab the apple fit for the bite.

“Up to you, Hunhun gave that to me”, Luhan gasped. “and you must pay for  me over the incident this morning. You know what? His mother so scary when angry”, added Kris

“OK bye”, he ended their call without waiting for Kris answer. You wrong Kris, Minhee not scary. She beautiful, sweet and I love her so much. Luhan smile at the apple while his mind back at the past.

 

Flash back 

“It's beautiful, right?”, Luhan showing couple rings inside the box. Chen glanced at the moment then look away, admit his inferior to win Minhee’s love.

“No”, sipping his Buble Tea, pretend to ignore Luhan.

“Whyyy?”, whined, but suddenly he feels unfamiliar pain spread through his chest, his hand moves to just above his heart, it feels as though it could burst from his chest at any moment.

"Luhan, you okay?", Chen notices the pained, worried expression on his friend's face.

"I'm fine." he stands up, straightens his scrubs, and smiles at Chen. Luhan clutched his chest as he gasped for air, moments later he fell to the ground. Chen rushes to his side, and quickly bring him to the clinic.

 

At clinic

"Luhan, how long have you been sick for?", the doctor ask

"Few...months. Feel...like...am...drowning." He says between gasps. The nurse adjusts the amount of oxygen flowing through the mask into Luhan's struggling body.

"He needs a chest x-ray, full blood work up, and ECG." The nurse simply nods as the doctor motions for a couple of orderlies to move the gurney.

"Take a deep breath in, and hold it" Luhan tries but ends up coughing violently.

The doctor goes to his side. "Luhan, you know we've got to get this done. All you have to do is lie down, and hold your breath for a couple of seconds. Can you do that?" he nods weakly, and they try again, succeeding this time.

"What's...wrong...with...me?" he asks weakly.

"The x-ray showed a lot of fluid built up in your lungs, it's probably caused by a heart condition. But I’m not sure until your medical result out tomorrow". Luhan nodded.

 

“What happen? Why you took so long inside? Get better?”, Chen rushed him with many questions.

“I’m okay. The doctor says I might be caught asthma. Just need fresh air and rest enough to recover my health. OK let's eat I’m hungry..!!!”, folded his arm around Chen's neck

“Ya..ya.. its hurt you know “, release Luhan arms away,

“Ah about my sickness don't tell anyone and my propose to Minhee. that's secret, I’m gonna surprise her”,

“Pay my food then..”,

“Deal”, both of them out the clinic

 

 Luhan's room

Luhan was sleeping when he heard his phone ringing. Without opening his eyes, he rolls over and took his phone from the nightstand. “Hello..”, he sleepily answered.

Lu, are you sleeping? I heard you skipped your class today”, Minhee’s voice. “Sick?”,

“Little”, short answer. The reason Luhan skipped his class is to avoid Minhee.

What’s sick? Have you eaten your medicine?”, Minhee asks concernedly

“A headache, it's better now. Don’t worry”,

OK, Sorry to disturbing your sleep”, she felt guilty

“Minhee...”, Luhan paused,

Hmm..what?”,

“I love you..”, she giggled after Luhan said that.

Me too, See you tomorrow”. Luhan smiled as he closed his eyes again.

 

At Park

Minhee was sitting on the couch playing her phone alone when Luhan ran towards her. “I’m late..”

“How odd..!!”, stood up. Luhan only grinned when Minhee throw him with a plastic bottle that she had drank before. Her hair was up in a ponytail, showing her beautiful neck

“Oh”, he looked closely. A shimmering snowflake hung from her neck. “That’s the necklace I gave you on your’s birthday”, he smiled, “I’m glad you liked it”.

“I love it”, she exclaimed while tucking some hair behind her ear, looking him in the eye.

“Thanks, that's so mean to me”,

 

Two days before....

"You've got dilated cardiomyopathy, which has been untreated for so long that it has progressed into severe heart failure." the doctor explain

"Dying?" Luhan whispers nervously.

"Not if I have any say in it. I'm going to admit you to the hospital, start meds, run more tests, and try to stop it from worsening."

"What if it doesn't work?" fist his hand

"You may need surgery to repair the damaged heart muscle, maybe implant a pacemaker, or defibrillator. Worst case scenario you might need a transplant." Luhan looks at the doctor in shock, he couldn't be serious, he had just been a bit run down lately. Luhan sits in silence for awhile before he stands up, and moves towards the door.

 

Luhan holds her hand fiercely, full of regret, knowing he will never have the chance to tell her how much he love her, when he decided to disappear from Minhee’s life. He won’t shared his pain with Minhee, especially let her saw how badly he struggle with his illness. One things now that Luhan want is spending more time with Minhee.

Minhee felt his eyes shift back over to her and she met his eyes, this time, flashing him a smile. Luhan flushed a bit like he wasn’t expecting to be caught looking, and his eyes dropped back to the ground.

He’d been sneaking glances at her constantly over the past few days since he knows he was sick. He barely let her out of his sight. He made sure he knew where she was at all times. They were like magnets, always ending up near each other no matter who was around or what they were doing, but had yet to have any sort of alone time.

Luhan stopped walking and tugged on his hand. Minhee continued for a few more steps and then stopped and turned towards him as she felt him pulling her back.

She took a few steps towards him to shrink the gap between them. “Can you just ... hold me for a minute?”, Luhan asked as the pain spread through his chest, fighting with his pain. Minhee nodded. Luhan hugged Minhee to covering his pain Minhee feels his hands wrap around her.. “Hold me Minhee, just a little while....” he throat thick. She Luhan back gently. “Minhee”, his voice was soft.

“Hmmm?”, she raised her eyebrows, asking for some explanation. Not pushing for information, not demanding answers, just asking for whatever she could give him. Luhan looked into her eyes. Searching for any reluctance or rejection, but there was none. He hesitated for a second, then let go of her hand and gently cradled her face in his hands.

Minhee reached up on her tip toes, closing her eyes as they both melted into the kiss. She felt the air come alive around them and she pressed her lips against him. It was a soft kiss, innoncent. Minhee wasn’t asking for anything more than this while Luhan just wanted this moment never ending.

Luhan felt an easy warmth settle over his heart as she broke away from him she smiled. He looked back into her eyes hoping he could tell how happy she made him and whispered the only thing that really mattered, “What is the meaning of eternity when you’re not here with me? I can live the pain, as long as I have you”

Flash back end