제 3장

Annyeong Ghost

|chapter three. 

 

During my stay in the hospital, I was able to meet a ghost. A real ghost. He could touch me. He's a nice ghost. I remembered that he needed me but then he disappeared. 

Well, I was released from the hospital.

"Welcome back to hell, Jung Mira." I sighed. While I was on the bus, I saw someone familiar sitting in the first seat nearby the driver's seat. I stared at him and it felt he is someone I know. "Ah, nevermind." I thought. 

I closed my eyes and nap for a minute. "Hi..." Someone tapped my shoulders. 

I opened my eyes and saw someone sitting beside me. "Oh! You scared me." 

"I'm sorry. Long time no see! Haha!" He smiled. 

"Why are you here?" I asked. 

"You don't remember? I told you that I need you." He answered. 

"I asked you before why do you need me but you didn't answer. You just disappeared." I said. 

"Ah... I don't remember that. Sorry." He scratched his head and gave me a small smile. 

 

He's handsome but he has a bad memory. I shook my head. 

I arrived at the last route of the bus and walked my way to home. "You're a ghost..." I whispered.

"Yes, I am." He looked down. He heard what I said.

"Why are you still here? You should be in heaven." I said.

He looked at me, "I want to but....I can't. It's not yet time." 

"Why?" I asked.

"I need you, remember?" I nodded."That's why I'm here because I want you to help me experience my unfulfilled desires." He answered. 

Unfulfilled desires? I thought. 

"Why me?" I asked him again.

He shook his head and said, "I don't know." 

 

I arrived at my "home" and turned the lights on. The medicines that I used for suicide were still on the floor. The ghost went in and toured himself in my house. "Do you have kimchi?" He asked.

"I don't have money to buy kimchi." I said. 

He pouted. "Are you living alone?" 

I nodded. "I'm used to it." 

"Well, then you have to be used to me because you have me to live with. You're not going to be alone anymore." He said cutely. 

What is with this guy... ah! He's a ghost. I forgot. He doesn't look like a ghost actually. 

I cleaned the house and wow! That ghost helped me. 

 

After cleaning the house, I boiled water for my ramen. "Thanks for helping me..." I stopped for a second. Ah! Right! I forgot to ask his name. "By the way, what's your name?" I asked.

"I'm Zhang Yixing." He said. 

"Zha.... Yi.. what? Are you Chinese?" I stared at him and he nodded, "Yes. I'm Chinese. If you're having a hard time pronouncing my name, just call me Lay." He smiled.

"Ah. So you're a Chinese but why you're here in Korea?" I asked. 

"You're asking too much questions. It's a long story. I'm tired... can I sleep?" He said. 

This Chinese ghost is tired? What the freaking hell. A ghost can be tired...too!?!?! I didn't know that. Oh well. I'll just eat my ramen. 

 

Time passes by, it's almost 12am and I am still awake. I'm watching my favorite gag show. Lay was peacefully sleeping beside me. The lights were off and I could see him because of the light coming from the television. 

I examined Lay's facial features. He doesn't look scary at all. He looks like an angel. I didn't know that ghost could be an angel like him. 

 

"It's late... you're still awake." Lay woke up. I looked away.

"Ugh... yes? I can't sleep." I said. 

"You should go to sleep now. We need to go to somewhere. You must be tired." He said. 

"But I can't sleep." 

"You can." He turned the television off and opened the window. He gets the blanket from the cabinet that was folded on the top of the cabinet and gave the pillow to me. He placed the blanket near the window. "Come here and sleep." He said. 

"But---" Before I could finish, he cut me and said, "No more buts." He looked serious now. 

I couldn't do anything so I just lied down and tried to sleep. I could feel that he lied down beside me and whispered, "The air will make you asleep." I could now feel that he's staring at me. He placed his hand in my head. "Good night, Mira." 

Suddenly, I fell asleep. 

 

-----

Author's Note: 

Hey peeps! I'm sorry for not updating these days. I was just too depressed because of what happened between Wu Yifan and SME. I'm really sorry. I'll try to update on wednesday! Class will start soon so maybe I won't be able to update every week... but I'll try. It's going to be my first day in College~ Yahooo! Thank you everyone! Don't forget to 'subscribe' or maybe upvote :-) Comments are loved ♥

 

Follow me on Twitter: @yunicornlay