학교가자! - Let's go to school!

{ 얼음에 우리의 사랑 - Our Love On Ice }

The first day of school already arrived. It was time to make some new friends and enjoy my high school years as much as I can. I'm going to school as me: Lee Jieun. Not as IU or what everyone wants me to be. I can just be me. I'm a sophomore this year and my agency finally approved of me going to regular school instead of home schooling. They also forced me to try figure skating...

[Flashback] - LOEN Entertainment Meeting Room

CEO: "Ah~ Our IU is here! Have a seat princess!~"

Me: "What's going on..? Am I in trouble?"

CEO: "What? NO my dear, haha. Of course you are not in trouble! You are our star!"

Me: "So .. why am I here?"

CEO: "Well my dear, since I know how much you wanted to go to a public school .. the company has decided to let you."

Me: "OH WOW!! Really??? Thank-"

CEO: "On one condition.."

Me: "you....? Y-you!! What is it..?" I asked nervously.

CEO: "You must train to become a figure skater .. so you can become an 'all-kill idol!' If you become good at this .. then you would be ranked really high above everyone else because you will be an idol .. and a model .. a singer .. guitar player .. and athlete!! It's perfect!"

Me: "Uhhh .. Figure skating ..?"

CEO: "Don't worry~ You'll be just fine!"


So like I said, today was the first day of school for me. I transferred to a public school because of the company .. and I am now living with my half sister who teaches at the school. Our mom thought it would be a good idea for us to bond. It's been hard on our mom ever since she found out that my Appa had cancer and recently passed away. Our mom is in the hospital at the moment because she is really ill right now and my last resort of family is Inna Unnie. Although Umma never told me about Inna's dad .. I'm still glad that I have a sibling to rely on. Rather than being all alone.... i have someone to turn to.

"Umma. Take care of your health and I will return to you whenever I can. Arrasseo?"

"Mmhm. Inna Unnie will take good care of you for now since your old Umma here can't do it herself.. sorry my baby." She placed her hand on mine.

"Umma that's nonsense! You've done a good job raising Inna and I by yourself... Please don't worry and get some rest. Umma, I love you." I tucked her into the hospital bed and gently kissed her forhead. She smiled weakly.

"I love you too my daughter."

I left the hospital and took the public bus to the district in which Inna Unnie lives. She lives pretty far away from our mom since she graduated a long time ago. I waved goodbye to Seoul and plugged my earphones in to listen to calm music. I'll miss mom the most but I know I have to be strong for her. Just then my phone rang.

"Yes?"

"Oh? Jieun-ah~ Annyeong!! It's me!"

"Oh. Inna Unnie. I am on my way over right now."

"Oh goodie!! This will be fun! Don't worry about a thing okay? I'll come pick you up by the library downtown okay? See you soon my dongsaeng! ^^" She hung up. 

I looked out the window and saw my Unnie's town arriving. I was a bit nervous to be living in a smaller town rather than my city life in Seoul. What do i need to know? I'm a bit worried.

The bus pulled up to the stop and I gathered all my stuff before hand. The bus driver opened the door and a few ajummas and ajussis stepped off the bus first. Then I made my way off and I scoped out the little town. It was really unusual and odd. Nothing like Seoul, for that matter. 

I saw the public library a few feet away and I dragged my luggage with me and started walking. I didn't want to wait in the viscious heat so I decided to enter the library to cool down. If Inna Unnie didn't see me. She would more than likely call right away. 

I always had a thing for libraries though. It's filled with information and knowledge that you just can't always find through the Internet. It's things that a lot of people don't have common knowledge for anymore. I sat my luggage down at a table and started walking down an aisle.

I unknowingly, came across a figure skating book. I wanted to know a little more about it. I sat down in a corner and hugged the book against my chest as I settled down. I opened up the book and saw some pictures of our national ice skater Kim Yuna. She was so charismatic. I was literally in awe. The way she shows compassion in her work really makes it inspiring.

*Will I maybe be as good as her one day..?* I asked myself. 

"Can I help you miss?"

I looked up from the book and saw a tall, handsome,  flower - boy standing in front of me. He was so beautiful that I couldn't help but staring. I realized I've been staring too long and tried to snap out of it.

"Oh ahm. No thanks. I'm good." I rubbed my neck shyly in embarrassment. 

"Oh? Do you figure skate?" He asked noticing the book in my hands.

"Ah.. uh.. i am going to learn to be one. Haha. That's all." I insisted. He nodded in approvement.

"Well.. then that's the right book for you. Want me to check it out for you miss?" He asked looking at me sincerely. I nodded, not fully understanding what I'm doing.

"Alright. I'll be back then." He carefully grabbed the book from me and went to check out desk to check it out for me. I was still starstruck by his beauty.. i couldn't really move.

Later he came back with the book and smiled softly. He handed it back to me and noticed I looked a bit peculiar. He touched my forhead to see if I was sick or whatever. I blushed. 

"Here ya go. Bring it back as soon as possible okay? Oh...? What's wrong? Are you sick miss..?"

"Hahahhaha. I - I'm fine! Haha thank you!" I stood up then bowed then hurriedly grabbed my bags and waited outside for Unnie.

*What's wrong with me..? My heart is beating fast..*

"Yoohoo!! Jieun-ah!" In a flash, Inna Unnie pulled up at the side and waved at me. "Come on Jieunnie~ let's get you home!" She smiled brightly. Inna Unnie was always so full of energy and had a tendency to lift people's spirits up.