chapter 1

I come to future

Ten-years-old-W O O Y O U N G

I've just come to my house from school. I usually go home by myself because my house is not too far from school. I was playing football with my friend after school. I'm really tired and all I want to do now is sleep. I see my mother is watching television in the living room. I don't want to greet her now. She must be angry with me because I come home late. I keep walking and reach my room.

"Wooyoung-ah!" She eventually calls me.

"I don't want to hear it if you will scold me."

"No, I won't angry." She stands up and approaches me. "Tomorrow, there's a wedding reception of your daddy's friend. Your father wants you come with us."

I groan. "I don't want to come, mom. My friends will come here tomorrow. I have something to do with them."

"Wooyoung, you have to come."

"I don't. I can't. I won't."

"Wooyoung, listen-"

I slam the door. I throw my bag away and lie on my bed. I really really don't want to come there. For me, my father is sly. You know, I'm the most clever student in my class. I always get rank one. And he always want me to come at his friend's event just to show me off. I don't want being show of by him. I've been sicken.
* * *
The next day...

It's Sunday! I've told my mom that my friend will come. I don't know my father will angry with me or not. I just hope that my mom has told him and they can understand me.

I hear a voice calls me. I take a peek from the window. That's right, they have come. I'm about to open the door to meet my friend but suddenly, my father puts his hand above my hand. He endures me to open. "Go back to your room."

"My friend have waited for me outside. I have to go out."

"I told you to went back to your room."

"Dad."

He opens the door and goes outside. He shouts at my friend, "Kids, I'm sorry, Wooyoung has other event. It's better if you all go back to your home now."

I go out immediately. "No, he's lying. I don't have any event to come today."

"I'm sorry kids, my Wooyoung just forgot to tell you but he's really has event to come." My dad walks closer to them.

I know they're dissapointed. "Okay, then. We'll go home. Don't be so sad. We still can meet and play together." They waved their hand and dissappeared from my sight.
* * *
Here I am, in a Hades hotel. We has eaten lots of food. Now, my father is talking to his friend. My mom's just standing beside him and smiles. Before, he's trying to show me off, I say to him that I want to go to bathroom. Actually, I don't really want to pee but I keep walking there. Before I come into bathroom, I see a painting. That painting is only consist of many line and dominated by orange color.

"It's just an ordinary painting. But why do I like to look at it?" I mutter.

I crosses my arm. "I'm not supposed to be here. I should have been at home and play around with my friend." I talk to the painting, pretend that I'm telling my story to my friend."

My eyes are looking around the painting until I find a title under it. From it, I know that the title of this painting is future. I've never understand an artist. They're like having their own world. How can this painting which only consist of line has a "future" title?

"So your name is future? Tell me about future then." I keep talking with it. "What should I do if I want to see future? Should I touch you? Uh?"

I touch it then. There's nothing happened. A few minutes later, there's an earthquake. This building falls down. The pieces of the building falls above me and I don't know what happen next.


It's just a beginning guys, what do you think?