In that mood

In that mood

’They are all idiots.’ Yoongi’s unflattering words were directed at the other end of their practice room, where the dance trio tried to teach something to the happily volunteering Taehyung. Hoseok was jumping up and down with Jimin, screeching excitedly in a language that only Taehyung could decipher as of yet and Jungkook was laughing along with stars in his eyes… the last sane part of the maknae-line gone as well.

Yoongi was sure he wouldn’t be this irritated with them, but let’s just say he was not in his best moods, it happened sometimes and the others usually learnt by now to just steer out of his way when it happened... but sometimes they didn’t, and the level of loudness grated on his nerves at the moment. It grated on them all day long, but he tried his best not to snap at them… much.

‘Don’t be so harsh, hyung.’ Namjoon said, suppressing a chuckle when Taehyung fell flat on his back and Jimin fell against Hoseok with a loud laugh.  ‘I don’t know why you are angry, irritated or the mix of the two but they didn’t do any wrong.’

‘I know.’ Yoongi snapped, massaging his temples. ‘It’s just annoying… and they’re still idiots.’

Namjoon only nodded at that and turned to watch how the dancing turned to a full-blown aegyo battle.

‘The cute ones usually are idiots.’ Jin chuckled, sitting down beside the duo with his fresh bottle of water.

‘Are usually what?’ Yoongi asked, because surely Jin could have found a better word… cute was meant for girls.

Great, now he even felt irritated by words…

‘Idiots.’ Jin laughed as Hoseok got attacked by the maknaes for whatever cringe-worthy aegyo he showed them.

‘I have to admit Hoseok is indeed cute, even compared to the maknaes.’ Namjoon piped up and Yoongi turned to him with incredulous eyes. ‘What? Don’t you agree?’ the younger asked, raising a brow with a lopsided smile.

Yoongi just snorted – he really was not in the mood for this – and stood to get out of the practice room but against his will he glanced back at Hoseok, who was held in place by Jimin while Taehyung and Jungkook attacked him with tickles, his laugh loud and blush adoring his cheeks. ‘That is cute?’ he muttered in disbelief.

Overly excited, graced with enviable dancing ability, too emotional, too loud and yet more determined than any of them. Hoseok was a lot of things, an idiot of course, but cute? Maybe Namjoon needed his eyes checked – Jin was already too far gone – he would even suggest it, but for some reason people often took offense when he offered such advices.

‘What did you say, Yoongi?’

He jerked his head up to see Jin looking at him curiously. Feeling a bit foolish for getting caught talking to himself he flushed. ‘Nothing, just lyrics.’

‘Don’t go overboard, we have age restrictions you know.’ Namjoon grinned, receiving a slight glare as Yoongi marched out of the room.

Annoyed, he was about to slam the door shut but before he could Hoseok’s happy laughter floated over to him, drawing his gaze back to the room.  He was apparently released from the maknae-line’s torture only to be hugged to death by Taehyung – what was even funny about that?

Yoongi wanted to smack something all day and he was becoming sure that Hoseok would receive it, because right now the others managed to direct his frustration at the younger…

He left the door slightly ajar and moved towards the studio with a loud sigh before he really snapped, the loud voices echoing in the hall. Hoseok’s was the loudest of course, slightly nasal, kind of sweet and definitely manly… not cute. Maybe Namjoon only thought that because of his personality or his heart-shaped smile… definitely not because of his body, he was plenty tall and muscular and gosh what the hell was he even thinking about?

Feeling slightly weird, he forcibly shoved his disturbing thoughts about Hoseok away – damn Jin for starting it all with the cute comment.

 

Too bad, the thoughts decided to stay.

So the next day Yoongi decided to close himself up in the recording studio to get all these idiotic thoughts and his ongoing bad mood out of his system… but no such luck.

Hoseok’s sneakers were making unpleasant shrills as he skipped after him, his tone sunny much to Yoongi’s dismay.

‘Can I help you? You promised we could work together next time.’

‘No, I want to be alone.’ Yoongi grumbled only to receive a chuckle. ‘What’s funny?’

‘You are in that mood again, hyung.’ Hoseok answered, not intimidated by the older’s glare at all.

‘Now it has a name already?’ Yoongi snapped, stopping to turn his fury at the younger… he was just asking for it.

‘Wouldn’t name it without you.’ Hoseok shrugged with a smile. ‘But the manager said you are positively y when you are in it.’

Fed up, Yoongi marched ahead nearly managing to slam the door into the younger’s face, only Hoseok managed to hold it in place with his hands.

‘I will practice with you later, so just leave. Now.’ Yoongi gritted out in a venomous voice.

Hoseok just continued to smile at him.

‘You are starting to piss me off.’

‘You are pissed off since yesterday, hyung. Nothing new there.’ the younger said, smile widening.

Temper snapping, Yoongi reached out to drag the younger to eyelevel and stared into glinting dark eyes.

‘Maybe you are the reason for it, have you thought about that?’

The idiot had the gut to laugh at him… that did it. He tightened his grip on the other’s collar, his expression surely turning deadly because Hoseok’s smile faltered.

‘I swear I will-‘

The threat remained unvoiced when Hoseok his lips nervously, drawing Yoongi’s attention there and he just couldn’t utter another word after that.

They’d been that close a thousand times, hell they were living together, but suddenly it was like seeing Hoseok for the first time.

Were his eyes always that pretty? Deep brown, warm, surrounded by long eyelashes and topped with neatly arching eyebrows. In contrast, his nose was proud and sat perfectly over his heart shaped mouth. The whole package was framed by high cheekbones and a long face that people wouldn’t necessarily call attractive but definitely cu-

His own eyes widened in horror and pushed Hoseok back, finally slamming the door shut and locking it with suddenly shaky hands. Yoongi wiped the forming sweat from his brows and desperately tried to avoid the unmistakable truth, that for a second he thought that Hoseok was cute.

It had to be Jin’s and Namjoon’s words from before. Yoongi wanted to believe that, he was merely influenced by the others and his stupid bad mood just topped it all… yeah, that had to be it.

But when he sighed and sat down in front of the computer he had the sinking feeling that it was not that simple at all.

 

Over the next day, his anger turned to misery and Jin’s words became his curse.

He found himself sneaking glances at Hoseok, sometimes flat out staring and Namjoon was nice enough to point it out for him on more than one occasion.

‘I’m glad you are not snapping at us like a wild dog anymore, but really what is wrong with you now?’ he asked as the two of them sat in the recording studio, pulling another all-nighter.

‘I don’t know. I guess I’m just finally going crazy.’ Yoongi sighed.

‘Over Hoseok?’ Namjoon chuckled, receiving a hit for it.

‘Yah, you want to die?!’ Yoongi blushed.

He didn’t really understand what was happening, and didn’t exactly know what to do with it either… and Namjoon was not helping much to be honest.

‘There you are.’ came Hoseok’s voice from the door startling Yoongi.

‘Hey, why are you still here?’ Namjoon asked, sneaking a glance at Yoongi with a sly smile. ‘I thought you all went back to the dorm.’

‘We did, I just came back to bring you food. Manager-hyung was also nagging that Yoongi-hyung was not eating properly.’ Hoseok smiled and Yoongi stared as the younger lifted up a bag. ‘And clean clothes, Jin-hyung was not letting me go without that.’

‘Hoseok you are my savior angel.’ Namjoon laughed happily and scooted over to make place for him right between himself and Yoongi.

His hair was still slightly damp from probably leaving right after a shower and his fresh scent made Yoongi dizzy.

‘Nah, I’m just worried about your health.’ Hoseok smiled, packing the food out and glanced at Yoongi. ‘Hyung, you in there?’

Yoongi shook himself, cheeks reddening. ‘Yeah, I’m just surprised that’s all.’

‘I even brought your favorite hyung, so eat up.’ Hoseok smiled, holding the chopstick up for him.

‘I don’t need you to feed me.’

‘Just eat already.’ Namjoon piped up with a grin in his voice and Yoongi did, blush turning darker as Hoseok held up another bite for him.

The whole ordeal continued until Yoongi got fed up with Namjoon’s snickering and took the box away from Hoseok, stuffing his mouth unattractively and with murderous vigor.

‘Hyung, you have rice on your face.’ Hoseok chuckled, leaning over and plucked the rice off his cheek. He absently stuck it in his mouth as Yoongi watched with wide eyes, color crawling up his neck.

‘Well aren’t you two cute.’ Namjoon mumbled, intentionally loud enough for them to hear it and Yoongi pulled his snapback into his eyes in embarrassment.

He didn’t dare to look at the younger after that and was only able to function normal again when the door closed behind Hoseok a while later. Then he proceeded to beat Namjoon up.

 

The next day he became aware that his condition only got worse. He started noticing all those little things about Hoseok that made him an awkward mess. Like how he couldn’t be still for more than a minute, always moving like dancing through a choreography. Like how he concentrated during practice, the childish optimism changing to sheer determination. Like how he cared for everyone around him, never failing to make others laugh. Like how quick he was to come up with a retort when the others taunted him, and how quick it turned to a smile.

Like how that smile lit up his whole face.

Therapy. That’s what he needed. Especially after what happened at the practice room when they finished the recording of their new choreography.

Hoseok was chattering about whatever with Jimin and he was playing with his phone absentmindedly when he looked up and froze.

 He always knew that Hoseok was lean yet muscular, but suddenly seeing him with a raised shirt – because Jimin did the courtesy of undressing his hyung for muscle-comparing - all his sharp angles, tight abs and slender waist left him dumbfounded. And when he felt a sudden need to touch, the full weight of his descent into madness hit him.

‘Hyung?’ Hoseok asked, when he noticed his staring.

‘Just don’t talk to me.’ he snapped, rushing out of the room.

No one could get a proper sentence out of him after that, his disturbed emotional state not making words available to him. He became completely blank and even Jimin noticed that there was something entirely wrong with his behavior...

And Namjoon decided it was the perfect time for him and Hoseok to get shopping done, since they always pushed it on the younger ones… 

 

It was one awkward trip to the store for sure, with his eyes constantly drawn back at Hoseok and the younger, probably sensing Yoongi’s weird mood chattered on about random things, not making an attempt to have a proper conversation with him.

Leaning up to reach for something on a higher shelf, Hoseok‘s shirt climbed higher, revealing his muscular back and Yoongi had another urge to just touch it. Then the younger turned to Yoongi with a bright smile, putting the box into his basket and the rapper’s heart skipped a beat.

That settled it. Whatever Jin said made him unable to look at Hoseok and think anything else then cute and handsome and... He had to accept it even if his brain constantly refused to admit anything the like… he was crushing on his band mate and boy was he far gone already.

 

That was not the end of it however… Dinner and noisy showering winded down and Yoongi found himself on the couch with Hoseok, because Jin insisted that Yoongi was avoiding the younger on purpose, and they had to solve whatever was between them.

‘Hyung, you’ve been acting weird all week. What is wrong?’ the younger asked, concerned and Yoongi wanted to pinch his cheeks for being worried for him.

‘Actually… I don’t know.’ Yoongi answered, brushing his bangs out of his eyes.

‘Are you still mad at me for not leaving you alone when you were in your bad mood? I hoped the food I brought was a good enough apology.’ Hoseok said, his voice holding a hint of hurt.

‘No! I’m not mad at you.’ Yoongi exclaimed.

‘Well you were surely acting like that… you were avoiding me in the past few days and were completely out of character.’ Hoseok listed.

‘I’m sorry. I just think you are cute.’

‘I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have been nosy when you clearly wanted to be left alone and should have apologized properly…’

‘Didn’t you hear me? I just said I think you are cute.’

Hoseok’s hand came up to pet him on the shoulder, like a parent would encourage his rather slow child. ‘Yes, thank you. I think you are cute too hyung, when you are not being scary or act like a lunatic.’

‘I don’t think you understand.’ Yoongi frowned.

‘No, I do.’ Hoseok met his gaze and that really intense look was in his eyes that started to send shivers down Yoongi’s spine lately. ‘You were freaking out because you like me, but that’s completely okay.’ he added, a grin curving his lips. ‘You were kind of adorable, being all confused and cranky.’

‘…what?’ Yoongi asked back just as Hoseok’s strong fingers curled into the collar of his hoodie and pulled him forward.

It was not really a kiss, just a hasty brush of lips that was over before it even begun but they were both blushing when Hoseok pulled back.

‘Like that right?’

‘Y-yeah.’ Yoongi cleared his throat, his voice sounding way too breathy for his liking. ‘I mean yes, I guess...I don’t know.’

‘Good, then you do figure it out.’ Hoseok said and stood. ‘But without being creepy alright?’ he chuckled and left for the bedroom with a slight skip in his steps.

Yoongi could feel the heat in his cheeks again, but there was no embarrassment or anger behind it, just a strange feeling of happiness.

 

‘See I was right.’ Namjoon whispered, holding back a laugh.

‘Yeah, you were… ‘ Jin shook his head with a soft chuckle. ‘I just don’t know if this will make things better or worse for the team.’

‘Better. Consider Suga’s bad moods dealt with.’


This is it guys~ I hope you enjoyed it :D

About Suga's bad mood: I have guy friends who are worse than girls when it comes to stupid moods and I can just imagine Suga being one of them... thankfully Namjoon and Jin pushed it just into the right direction :D