Prologue

Vergessen

In a land long forgotten

"Oppa, can you come here for a bit?" Sehun turned to see his younger sister, Oh Minhyun, dressed in a midnight blue princess gown, the dress bringing out the colour of her eyes, with her hand stretched out, holding a hairpin "Can you pin this on me?" 

The pin had a diamond frose, a frozen rose and the symbol of frost mountain, and it was, obviously, a gift from the frost guardian himself, Xiumin. Sehun let out a snort.

"Well, someone's trying to impress Minnie hyung tonigh?" Sehun waggled his eyebrows playfully at their reflection on the antique mirror placed in Minhyun's room. She gave him an eyeroll and he finished pinning the frose hairpin onto her hair. "Done," 

He smiled satisfyingly as Minhyun touched the tip of the pin, feeling that it was secured into place, she returned his smile. "Thank you, oppa," she said and stood up to see the full length of her reflection in the mirror. She touched the necklace with the key-shaped locket on her neck, making sure it was there and turned, facing her brother. 

"Besides, there's absolutely nothing wrong with me wanting to impress Umin," her hands were on her hips, her nose held slightly high.

Sehun let out a hearty chuckle. "I've never seen this cute side of you. Minnie hyung is doing a tremendous job at this," 

"Please," she gave him another eyeroll, nearing her outrage "You're just jealous because you haven't met your," she quickly covered before the word could even escape . She glanced at her brother and saw the deep sadness within his eyes, his humourous chuckle now slowly dying.

"My fur immer," it came out as barely a whisper. "Yes I still haven't found her," 

Minhyun bit the bottom of her lip, feeling suddenly regretful of her words. The Queen had promised each of them their other halves, their forever when they first vowed to be loyal to her. But they must find them themselves. For Minhyun, she had easily found him, the man who had been with her before she lost all her memories and woke up in this strange land of Vergessen. She had once overheard the Queen saying that Sehun's other half hasn't arrived in Vergessen. 

Fur immers are basically a knight's or a guardian's everything, they mean the world, they complete each other. Without one, well, life in Vergessen moves on as usual but the sad feeling of being forgotten or having forgotten, the same feeling that any other Vergessenise have once they enter this land, would still be there. And as guardians or knights, it would be much simpler to protect Vergessen if the feeling wasn't there, toying with their every action. That feeling of anger, remorse, regret, depression all those ugly feelings, Sehun was feeling it.

The sound of the doors closing told Sehun that his sister had already left for the grand ball the Queen Victoria had set up below. As a knight, of course, he was invited. But he found no desire of joining as he would have to endure the sight of all his mates with a female by their side. And he, would have none by his side. Though the thought of meeting someone, his forever perhaps, in the event had crossed his mind, there was no feel to it. He could not sense her anywhere near and if what he had overheard from the Queen's discussion with Suho the other day, his fur immer wasn't even in Vergessen. Yet

He threw his gaze outside the window of Minhyun's chambers and let out a sigh. His eyes trailed to the skies and he saw a wishing star passing by. He closed his eyes, and wished upon the star.

Please, come quickly, my fur immer.