The Midnight Man

Midnight Man

“Psst,”

“Hm,”

“Do you think he will find us?”

“I don’t know,” Minseok unlocked his phone, just to look at the clock. “It’s still 00:05 though. He will leave by 03:33.”

“Are you sure?” Baekhyun’s voice trembled. “Are you really sure? I’m scared as now, for your information,”

“That’s why we do it together, Baek,” Minseok whispered, still looking around.

“Did hyung really knock the door 22 times?”

“Yep, and the 22nd knock was completely the of midnight”

“And hyung let the door open?”

Minseok nodded.

“Hyung, you’re crazy! He will come! He will really come, for God’s sake!”

“Shut up, Baek. We don’t know it yet. At least the candle is not out yet!”

As soon as Minseok finished his sentence, the candle went out.

“!” Baekhyun cursed as Minseok lighted up the candle within 10 seconds. “We are completely ed up, hyung! Get me outta here! Jebal! Jebal! He is here! He is definitely here!”

“I know, Baek, I know! You wanted this game, you got it. No talking, now follow me.”

Minseok started to walk slowly, with Baekhyun still cursing behind him, yet still following Minseok walking around the house. Minseok knew they could not get out from the game. Once you played, you had to finish it.

A one-shot game.

“Hyung, I hate complete darkness like this.”

“Believe me Baek, I hate it too.”

They entered the kitchen. As they walked across the kitchen, a loud thud sound was heard from upstairs.

“Damn!” Baekhyun cursed again in the middle of his fear. “What was that?!”

“A cat, perhaps,” Minseok answered steadily. Trying to look cool, eventhough his heart jumped out of fear too. “Let’s continue walking,”

“Nah,” Baekhyun shook his head, but still clinging to Minseok and following him. “Nah, hyung. I wanna out from this game. He will find us and he will—“

The candle went out again.

“!” Minseok hissed. He took a lighter from his pocket fast, and light the candle again.

Within 10 seconds.

“Damn, hyung,” Baekhyun sighed in relief. “That was close.”

“Really close,” Minseok scrunched his eyes tight and put the lighter on the kitchen table. They stayed in the kitchen for a while before they continued walking around the house.

“Hyung,”

“Hm?”

“What time is it?”

Minseok looked at his phone.

“01:05. Still a long way to go,”

“Damn,”

“I know. We are so damned now,”

They walked for some minutes before they entered Minseok’s room, which was as empty as the house. Well, not really empty though, since they were playing a hide-and-seek game with him.

“Hyung, I’m sleepy,”

“Don’t be. Or he will kill you in your sleep,”

“Can we quit the game now? Will he be mad?”

“Of course, Baek! We are supposed to play the game until 03:33! Otherwise, we will be doomed.”

“What time is it?”

“Stop asking about time! You’re making me—“

The candle went out.

“Damn! Damn! Damn!” Baekhyun panicked. “Go light up the candle, hyung! Hurry up!”

“I’m trying!” Minseok’s hand dived into his pocket, trying to reach everything but he only felt emptiness. “, where did I put my lighter?”

“Eight, nine, ten...” Baekhyun counted. “, hyung, it’s already 10 seconds. It’s the end of us.”

Minseok shut his mouth tight as Baekhyun finished talking. They were standing in the middle of darkness, holding the candle tight, holding each other’s hand like girls would do when they were in fear,  praying loudly in heart, until they felt some cold air passing through them.

And slightly, they could here a hoarse voice whispered.

“Peek-a-boo.”


-END-


Well..it's been a long time since I write hehe ^^;; so...you can say that this is the comeback fic? lololz i sound like someone famous yet in fact im not :'D so....what do you think guys? Do you think it's OOC? creepy enough? or something? Or maybe you would like to try the game Midnight Man? 8D Comments and subs are loved, thank you! ^^