1

Fixing Hearts

Two steaming hot coffee was set on the table. Both men nodded as a sign of thank you, continuing whatever they were doing right after. No words spoken. Their relationship has became so dull the past weeks. Neither of them knew the reason why, it just naturally happened. Hoseok glances to Namjoon one too many times, trying hard to start a conversation. Just before he could voice out anything, the chair in front of him creeks, Namjoon stands and slips his phone in his pocket. “I’ll leave first. Don’t worry, coffee’s on me.” Then he walks out, leaving the clueless Hoseok alone.

What exactly happened to us ?

—————————————-

With a sigh, Hoseok unlocks the door to his apartment and walks in. He passed by the living room and went straight to his room. With lots of things in mind, he took of his jacket and lied down on his single bed. He stares up to the ceiling and sigh for the umpteenth time. 5 minute passed, 10 minutes passed, still no movement just a motion of his chest rising up and down with a deeper, heavier sigh. Lazily, he moves to his sides and pulls out his phone from his pocket. He goes through the old photos of him and namjoon when they were still the new love birds in town. When they actually loved each other. 

He sits up straight all of a sudden. His frustration rises with the thought of their current relationship that is gradually growing apart. They both know no one is to be blamed. Nowhere to pinpoint which part went wrong. Staring at the mirror in front of him long enough, he immediately lies back down. Can a persons eyes be that soulless ? Where has the eyes that was filled with emotions go. His eyes are way too empty for the infamous Jung Hoseok> . Everyone’s hopeful existence.

——————————————-

After wandering on the streets, he finally arrives home. Walking through the hallway, he switches on the lights and the empty, hollow house brightened. He went to the kitchen, opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. The sound of the water pouring into the glass comforts him in some way. The cold water slides down his throat, soothing his burning heart. Although he pretends that it was nothing, in reality his heart feels like its torn to pieces. How can he not ? It amazes him how once both of them were inseparable and now, its awkward as hell when they merely look at each other. He walks to the living room and turns on the tv. He flicks through every channel but nothing seems interesting enough to distract him. In the end, he turns off the tv and heads to his room. Not changing his shirt he lies down on his bed.

People would think that Namjoon isn’t trying hard enough to mend things between them but truthfully he was just afraid. Afraid if one wrong word he says everything would be over. And he wouldn’t dare to take that risk. The risk of losing Hoseok from his life was a living nightmare. So you can imagine how miserable he is now.

'So near yet so far'. He never actually understood how it felt to be in that position. It sounds quite ridiculous isn’t it ? How can you be far away from someone when you’re so near with each other ? How he is with Hoseok now is the perfect example. So many thoughts is going through his mind on how to end this crap and go back to normal. Tired with thinking, he forces his eyes to close and sleep. Thankfully he did, but the sleep was just enough to rest his eyes not his mind.

————————————

Weeks past and the cafe was the last time they saw each other. Not even a message sent from either of them. It feels that their status as a couple is blown by the wind and what’s left of it was a big hollow heart.

Its a Saturday afternoon, as always Hoseok sleeps in during the weekends. 12 o’clock. His alarm rings for the 4th time now. He sits up with his eyes still closed, squinting at the clock in his room, he stretches his back gets up and takes a ‘morning’ bath. Almost morning. 

15 minutes and he’s done. He usually takes 10 minutes to shower but he was dozing off while at it. With a towel hanging around his neck, he gets out of the toilet and checks his phone. Nothing. He has been doing this a lot, anticipating a message from namjoon. Even he is getting tired of himself. “ my life. Jung Hoseok get your acts straight. Get the hell out of this mess. Get some fresh air you idiot”  Seeing how he is talking and cursing to himself, one would think he’s insane. Agreed. Trying to get his life back on track, Hoseok callsYoongi.

"Hello ?"

"Yoongi hyung. You wanna hang out today ? I know you’re free !"

"What are you..— " 

“Meet me at the usual tent bar. See ya “

"The he—" Hoseok quickly ends the call. He stood up and gets ready to go out. His footsteps felt light, was it because he is finally getting his life back on track or was it because its finally some human other than Kim Namjoon, the man he dearly misses. 

—————————————-

When Hoseok arrived there, Yoongi had already ordered the drinks and snacks. 

"Hyung ~ Its been so long !"

"…..What are you doing ?"

"What do you mean what am I doing ? We’re friends. Its never wrong for us to get together to drink and talk s."

"Well dude have you not realize you are always with namjoon 24/7 and never keep in contact with me because of him. You guys are like cockroaches"

"C - Cockroaches ? what the hell "

"Yup, cockroaches. Its difficult for them to die, just like you two. Always stuck together and hard to break apart."

"….Whatever"

"In all seriousness tho, why aren’t you with namjoon ?"

Hoseok stays quiet. “You both fought ?” 

Hoseok laughs dryly. “Its been weeks since we’ve spoken. Its safe to say we’re done with it.”

"But how ? You’ve gone strong for almost 2 years now. This was unexpected coming from you two love birds, or should  I say.. cockroaches" Yoongi laughs at his own failed pun.

"Oh god damn, seriously ?!" Yoongi stifles a laugh. " I don’t know, I guess we’re going through the phase where all feelings subsides to nothingness." Yoongi stays quiet.

“- I’m lost hyung. We have never actually gone through anything this serious. It was always the love quarrels, as what to people call it, and we would be fine after a few days, maybe even hours. This time tho, its been near to a month, its killing me and I can tell its killing him as well.”

“Listen to me man, I may not be a love expert like seokjin hyung, but I know for all my heart that you two are meant for each other. ‘The dawn before the sunrise is the darkest.’ I’m just saying that a brighter future would come to you soon after the darkest moments. It probably just need a longer time and courage from you two. Be a man.”

“Wow, as expected a lyricist’ words are way different.” They both laugh. Few minutes passed and the conversation somehow stopped going and hoseok kept taking shots. He ordered for 2 more bottles of alcohol, just him alone, one and a half of the alcohol has already went down his throat and diffused to his blood flow, obviously making him drunk right after as he has such a low tolerance of alcohol. Hoseok kept babbling on and on about his current situation with namjoon and it irks yoongi to the highest. Not being able to stand it any more yoongi took hoseok phone on the table and calls someone that knows how to deal with a drunk horse.

——————————————

Namjoon just got back home and is now dead tired. He forgot to bring his phone with him while he was out so that was a bummer, but it didn’t make any difference anyway, his phone is practically useless, no one ever contacts him any more. Especially him. Before he could take another step out of his room, surprisingly, his phone ringed, with a very familiar ringtone that is. He jogs back to his phone on the table. Namjoon felt chills at the back of his spine after seeing the caller. 

"H- Hello ?"

"Namjoon, get your here now and save this drunk horse of yours, I’m getting sick of him."

"…Yoongi hyung ?" ‘What the hell ?’

"Yes you tard now come and get him now !"

"This is hoseok’s phone… Why are you calling through his phone ? w- wait is he with you ? Did he drink ?" So many questions passed through his mind, he didn’t even realise he said it all out loud.

"You god damn just come here at the normal tent bar.HURRY UP !" beep beep beep. 

The surprising call ended. He was hesitant or a while, but after thinking this may be the perfect time to end this bull, he ran to his keys and went out the door. Not forgetting to bring his coat on the chilly night. 

—————————————

Getting out of the cab, he ran to the tent bar. Nearing just a few steps away, he saw yoongi and hoseok, with a table full with empty bottles of alcohol. 

"I am going to cut of your balls if you don’t come here this instant"

Hearing to the not-so-believable threat, he jogs to the table.

"—-hyung, oh god why is men so thoughtless of people’s feelings……..oh wait — haha I’m a man too. NO WAAIT !! AM I NOT !! OH GOD HYUNG HELP ME CHECK IF I’M A MAN OR NOT !! ~ " From an obvious drunkard.

"He has been talking crap and I ain’t dealing with this no more, take care of him, I have work tomorrow. Also, take this as a chance for you to get back again. I hate seeing any of you suffer. Good luck man." 

"Thanks hyung."

"I’ll pay for the drinks and all, JUST FIX IT !"

"I’m on it ! Geez. Now get on with it !! "

Yoongi walks out, slightly pissed that he was thrown out and on top of that he had to pay for the bills. 'Why am I being treated this way. My cool is blowing now, I need my jamjam.' Yoongi smiles with the thought of Jimin in his arms later when he gets back. ‘I am totally whipped’  Still grinning even with the realisation of his obvious obsession with park jimin. 

——

Namjoon picked up Hoseok’s phone and slips it in his pockets, he pulls hoseok up and puts his right arm around his neck. Hoseok clings to him like a baby right away. namjoon lightly smiled and looked down to hoseok’s face, 'ahh i miss this'

Walking out of the tent bar, hoseok is literally being dragged by namjoon. ‘Have you been pigging out with all the stress ? Coz damn kid, you’re heavy as hell’ Feeling his neck cracking and gradually losing arm strength, he kneels down and carries hoseok on his back, a piggyback ride to be exact, and heads back to his house. 

"You smell like namjoon, I like it. I miss this smell. Are you namjoon ?" Hoseok giggles. "waaait noo ~ it cant be namjoon, he hates me now. why do you smell like namjoon ?! why do you make me miss him more I feel like crying." Its still scary how a drunk person can be severely bipolar. 

"hah… yea its namjoon. I don’t hate you and I missed you too. I don’t even know what happened to us. How is our hearts so far away now." Tears starts welling up in namjoon’s eyes. "I’ll fix this. We’ll fix this and go through it together. I’m not backing off again.” 

"Kim Namjoon, my one true love ~ Is it morning now ? Is it still dark ? Has the sun rise yet ? hihihi I love you ~ " Hoseok falls asleep after he speaks out rubbish, a tiny snore was heard few moments after. 

Namjoon chuckles “You are not allowed to drink without me no more, what the hell are you talking about ? “

A relieved sigh comes out from namjoon’s mouth “Sleep tight kiddo, we’re not far away now. I love you too”