SEHO - Sick of Being a Catboy

Academy (Permanent Hiatus)

Pairing: Seho 

Word Count: 2,051 

Description: Sehun's sick of being a Catboy because each time he sees Joonmyun he can't stop purring. 

 

Sick of Being a Catboy 

 

            It’d been almost two weeks and Sehun still hadn’t turned back to normal.  He still had black cat ears and a silver and black striped tail. 

            “I’m not going to school,” Sehun said as both Jongin and Chanyeol tugged on a leg to get him out of his bed.  He sunk his claws deep into his headboard. 

            “You have to go to school! We’re not letting you stay in bed all day when you’re not sick!” Jongin tugged harder and Sehun screeched. 

            “I’m humiliated!  I’m a catboy!”

            That wasn’t even the worst of it.  Apparently everyone in the academy knew he had been Joonmyun’s little kitten for a little more than a week and now he was known as Academy’s full on ert stalker. 

            “Jongdae!” Chanyeol yelled into the living room. 

Jongdae popped his head in.  He was trying to put on a sweater, “He doesn’t want to go to school again?”  The two nodded and with a snap of his fingers Sehun let go. 

            “Hey!” Sehun hissed as a small electric shock hit him making his hair stand straight up in the air, all frizzled. 

            “I don’t want to face Joonmyun,” Sehun whined as Chanyeol and Jongin helped him get dressed. 

            “Well you’ll have to face him eventually.” 

            Another thing that was extremely embarrassing for Sehun was that he had a class with Joonmyun.  Joonmyun sat in the desk in front of him. 

            And well, whenever Joonmyun was within five yards of Sehun or whenever Sehun saw Joonmyun, he would purr, like crazy.  He couldn’t help it.  And it was damn embarrassing because he couldn’t stop it and the whole lesson would proceed with him and the whole class suffering a whole hour of purring while the professor tried to talk over him. 

            Joonmyun knew he was the reason for the purring.  He would be all smug and even tease Sehun about it.  It only fueled his growing embarrassment. 

 

            Sehun had his head on the desk when Joonmyun walked into the room.  He hadn’t even set foot in the room and he could hear Sehun starting to purr.  He didn’t know how Sehun knew it was him, but he probably had a strong sense of smell at this point. 

            “Hey Sehun,” Joonmyun smiled as he turned around in his desk, bracing both feet on the side of Sehun’s desk.  The boy had his head on the desk. 

            “You know we still haven’t had that talk,” Joonmyun started petting Sehun’s hair.  He saw Sehun’s ears stand straight and then flatten against his head.  Sehun’s tail was moving behind him.  Joonmyun smirked when Sehun started purring louder. 

            “You’re so,” Joonmyun moved forward until his mouth was at Sehun’s ear, “cute.”

            Sehun yelped and moved back in his seat.  The purring stopped. 

           Joonmyun smiled at him and pulled one of his ears teasingly before turning back to face the front of the class.  He was rewarded with Sehun’s purring again. 

            “I hate you,” Sehun muttered.  He blew a wind at Joonmyun, who had to grab his coat tighter around him. 

            “No you don’t,” Joonmyun smiled. 

           

            “I’m telling you Sehun I don’t have any idea how you can turn back to a human.  Didn’t Yixing say it would take time?” Jongdae was walking beside Sehun as they made their way to their next class together.

            “Can’t you make a potion or something that can turn me back?”

            “I’m not in advanced potions yet and even if I were,” Jongdae pulled Sehun’s ear, “This serves as a lesson not to do something like this again.”   

            “You don’t understand how embarrassing this is!” Sehun hissed.  He scratched Jongdae’s hand.   

            “Oh I can tell,” Baekhyun smirked.  He was following the two, “You were rolling around on the school lawn the other day.”

            “And don’t forget when you coughed up a fur ball at lunch,” Jongin teleported behind Baekhyun.  He looked around and then disappeared with another poof. 

            “That’s why I need to turn back!  I can’t be a cat anymore!”

            “You’re just angry you can’t be Joonmyun’s kitten anymore,” Kyungsoo stated.  Jongin had teleported Kyungsoo with him this time. 

            “This is serious.  I don’t know what cats do,” he edged closer to the group and dropped his voice, “I heard cats have heat cycles.  How about if I go through one?  I’ve been feeling extra hot lately and I’ve been… rubbing myself on trees.”

            “Hold up!  We don’t want to know what you’ve been rubbing yourself against you sicko,” Baekhyun said. 

            Sehun blushed and then he stiffened. His eyes dilated as he looked around and his tail swished. 

            “Watch it!” Kyungsoo exclaimed as he moved away so the tail wouldn’t hit him. 

            Sehun’s eyes widened and he opened his mouth only to start purring.  Baekhyun rolled his eyes while Kyungsoo and Jongin laughed. 

            “He’s here.  He’s coming towards me.  I need to get out of here!” Sehun exclaimed.  He started running only to be hit with a splash of water. 

            Sehun yelped and fell down on the sidewalk.  Joonmyun moved forward and helped Sehun up. 

            “Hey Sehun!” Joonmyun said brightly.  Sehun froze.  And then another loud purr came from him. Joonmyun smiled. That’s when Sehun started to run. 

            “No you don’t,” Joonmyun laughed.  He grabbed Sehun by the tail and brought him back to him. 

            He quickly embraced the cat boy but stopped when claws sunk into his arm. 

            “Sehun!” Joonmyun yelled as the cat boy ran away. 

 

            “Do you think we’ll ever go on a quest?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun.  They were getting ready for another day of school. 

            Baekhyun eyed him weirdly, “I’ve been on quests.”

            “Since when?” Chanyeol looked at him, “You’ve never been on one.”

            “Didn’t I go to Antarctica once?” Baekhyun asked.  He vaguely remembered going to the ice covered continent.

            Chanyeol laughed, “I’m pretty sure I would remember you leaving for Antarctica.”

            “Are you sure because I remember---“

            “I’m me!” Sehun exclaimed, “Look! No tail! No ears! I’m back to normal!” Sehun ran out of the room and turned around to show the others. 

            “Congratulations,” Baekhyun said.

            “I’m going to miss cat boy Sehun though,” Chanyeol added.

            “I can’t wait to go to school!” Sehun exclaimed.  He grabbed his backpack and opened up the front door, “Let’s go!”

            “We don’t have our first class until noon.”

            “I know,” Sehun stuck his head back in.

            “It’s in four hours,” Baekhyun gawked at Sehun. 

            Sehun just shrugged and closed the door behind him. 

           

            “Well it started with a dream,” Sehun began excitedly as he put an arm around Jongdae.  Minseok was walking with them too but Sehun didn’t seem to mind being with one of his enemies because he was the happiest person in the world right now. 

            “I think I dreamed it so much I willed it to come true,” Sehun said excitedly. 

            Minseok scoffed.  Sehun shot him a glare but continued, “I’m so glad to be myself again.  No purring.  No more furballs or bad hair days.  I’ve never been so glad to be me!” Sehun threw his arms up in the air but quickly stopped.  He sniffed. 

            “Minseok!”

            They all turned to the voice.

            “Hey Joonmyun,” Minseok waved at his friend who was walking over to them.  Sehun stiffened but to his surprise Joonmyun didn’t turn to smile or smirk at him.  He didn’t even look at Sehun at all.  Sehun mentally felt his cat ears flatten against his head and his tail droop to the floor. 

            “So remember we have a new roommate moving in tonight,” Joonmyun put an arm around Minseok’s shoulder, “We have the welcoming dinner at five.” 

            “Uh yeah.  I’ll be there.” 

            “Great!  Bring Jongdae along if you want,” Joonmyun patted Minseok on the back and walked off. 

            The three continued walking, before Sehun exploded, “He didn’t even look at me!”         

            “Maybe he didn’t recognize you without the ears and tail,” Minseok laughed. 

           

            It was like that during their class too.  Joonmyun didn’t turn around in his seat to greet Sehun at all, even when Sehun constantly hit him with gusts of wind.  At least in the past, Joonmyun would turn around to glare at him or tell him to stop.  At least he would do something.  But Joonmyun sat straight in his chair as if the wind didn’t affect him.  Towards the end of class, Sehun’s wind became a breeze and then stopped.  He didn’t get why Joonmyun was ignoring him. 

            Was it because he wasn’t a catboy anymore?  Did Joonmyun still want to have that talk?  Maybe Joonmyun didn’t care anymore because he turned back. 

            Was normal Sehun not enough?  Sehun dropped his head in sadness when he exited the classroom.  He didn’t feel the pair of eyes following him out.      

           

            “He only likes me as a cat!” Sehun screamed to Baekhyun, “Are you even listening?”

            “Shut up why don’t you,” Baekhyun pushed Sehun’s hand away, “Who is that?”

            Sehun turned to see Baekhyun pointing at a tall blond who was sitting at Joonmyun’s table with another tall blond guy.  Baekhyun was eying the more exotic looking one who had dark eyes and was a bit tanner than the rest of the people sitting at the table. 

            “Does he look familiar to you?”

            “Are you talking about Kris or Tao?” Jongdae sat down at their table, “They’re Minseok’s new roommates.  Kris and Luhan are childhood friends and Tao is Kris’s special friend.” 

            “Tao is the one with the dark eyes?” Baekhyun asked.  Tao turned towards their table and he looked at Baekhyun for a brief moment before surveying the rest of the cafeteria. 

            Jongdae nodded, “He doesn’t say much.”

            “What do you mean special friend?” Baekhyun asked, “Special as in he has powers, right?  Not special as in you know.”

            “I don’t know.  It could be both.”

            “Hello!” Sehun exclaimed, “Can we talk about my problem here?  Joonmyun’s literally sitting three yards away and won’t even look at me!”

           

            Sehun straightened up to his full height in the middle of the hallway as he saw Joonmyun walk out of his office as academy president. It’d been a full week and Joonmyun hadn’t looked at him once or even paid him any attention.  It was worse than how it was before when they were just people who belonged in rival groups.  At least then they would acknowledge each other as despicable human beings.  But now he wasn’t being acknowledged in any way.      

            Joonmyun didn’t even glance at Sehun as he made his way past him. 

            Sehun quickly turned around as Joonmyun passed him.  He had a pout on his face.

            “You’re ignoring me,” Sehun said softly.    

            Joonmyun paused in his walk and turned around to face the taller boy, “Well weren’t you the one ignoring me at first?  I’m just going along with whatever you’re doing.”   

            “So you can see me.”

            Joonmyun smiled and Sehun brightened up. 

            “So now you want to talk?” Joonmyun raised an eyebrow and was rewarded with a large gust of wind blown straight at him at a whopping 65 miles an hour hitting him at full force.  He fell flat on his back and got pushed five yards away from where he was originally standing.  As he was being blown away he shot a large wave of water towards Sehun effectively drenching the younger and making him scream.  Even though Sehun was a human now he had a newly developed aversion to water. 

            Joonmyun slowly got up and walked over to Sehun. 

            “So do you mind explaining to me why you transformed into a kitten and followed me everywhere while you were one?”

            “Well it was an experiment,” Sehun muttered as he took Joonmyun’s hand and stood up. 

            Joonmyun raised an eyebrow, “Just an experiment.  Nothing else?”

            “Nope,” Sehun shook his head.

            “It couldn’t possibly be that you have a little tiny crush on me?” Joonmyun pat Sehun’s head.  The younger moved his head forward towards Joonmyun’s hand. 

            “No way,” Sehun said. 

            “Okay sure you don’t,” Joonmyun started rubbing behind Sehun’s ears and Sehun moved his head forward to rub it against Joonmyun’s chest. 

            “You’re so cute,” Joonmyun chuckled.

            Sehun purred.  He wasn’t even a cat boy anymore and he purred.  He stood up and started running away.

            “Sehun,” Joonmyun laughed as he chased after him, “Just admit you like me! I’ll even rub your belly this time,” Joonmyun teased. 

            

 

Story tidbit: Strength and Powerwise Chanyeol and Minseok are the strongest.  Chanyeol is actually the strongest but because he can't control his powers that well he's weaker than his full potential.  That makes Minseok the strongest.  But when Chanyeol is at full power Minseok and Joonmyun's powers together would equal his.  Kyungsoo's also really powerful because he can negate other's powers without even trying.  But he's on a whole other playing field than these guys.  And even though he's really strong he doesn't use his powers that much so it makes him weaker.  

Joonmyun, Jongdae, Minseok, Sehun and Kyungsoo are weather mages.  Which means they are very special since they have the power to control weather. Kyungsoo can't exactly control the weather but he's very important during spring time.  Each of these people have weather schedules that the school gives them.  Basically the school declares what the weather will be like and these guys have to make it happen.  

Baekhyun, Luhan, Yixing, Kris, Tao, and Jongin have utility powers.  They aren't really measured by power or strength.  

However Baekhyun's power can slightly be used as more than a utility power.  As a power his light is weaker than Sehun's wind.  Jongdae's power is also pretty powerful.  Because he uses his power more than Kyungsoo he's more powerful than Kyungsoo but under Suho. 

 

Minseok > Chanyeol > Suho > Jongdae > Kyungsoo > Sehun > Baekhyun