Chapter 8

The New Beginning

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. Luhan can't even look at me properly and he hasn't said anything to the members since yesterday. Whenever I see him looking in my direction, I realise that he's glaring at Jongin. I turned to my side and saw that Jongin's not in his bed so I got out of bed and made my way out of the room with a frown on my face. When I got to the dining room, I saw everyone eating and joking around for the first time in weeks. The tension in the air is finally gone and everyone is actually talking to each other. Kris has his arm around Tao and the both of them are talking to Lay, Suho, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are by the kitchen counter talking about something, Chen is talking to Xiumin and Luhan and Chanyeol and Jongin are talking to each other. 

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully and they all looked at me. Kris and Tao waved at me as I made my way to Jongin, who was topless by the way. I sat next to him and he immediately put his arm around me and kissed my temple. 

"Good morning babe." he said, loud enough for everyone to hear. Chanyeol and Chen made a gagging noise while Kyungsoo, Suho, Baekhyun and Tao smiled at us and Kris and Lay just smirked at us. I could see Luhan looking down at his food at the corner of my eye and Xiumin just looked away. 

"Get a room." Chanyeol joked. 

"We would but then food is important." Jongin said and I just nodded with a smile on my face. 

"You seem a lot happier Sehun." Baekhyun stated. 

"I am. Jonginnie makes me happy." I told him and kissed Jongin on the cheek. 

"You two are such a cute couple. But Kris and I are a much more cuter couple. No one can beat us." Tao said and I just rolled my eyes at him. 

"Since when has a panda and a dragon ever been a cute couple?" Jongin retorted and Kris glared at him. I couldn't stop the giggle from escaping because of Jongin looks so cute trying to glare at Kris. 

"Shut up Jongin. You're just jealous of mine and Tao's perfection." Kris replied and stuck his tongue out. 

"SeKai are the one of the best couple in Exo. Just look at our maknaes. Perfect together, bound together by fate. I knew this was going to happen soon. They're just adorable." Suho said with a dreamy look on his face. I was about to say something but got cut off when a chair suddenly fell on the floor. We all looked at Luhan who's eyes were watering. 

"I'm done." he said quietly and bowed before leaving the room. He looked like he's in so much pain and he looked like he's about to break down. I guess he deserves it. I'm not done yet, Luhan deserves to feel as much pain I did. I leant my head on Jongin's shoulder and just looked at the ceiling. Everyone's quiet and Luhan just brought the mood down. 

"What's wrong with him?" Chanyeol asked, breaking the silence. 

"Sehun, don't you think you and Jongin should keep the PDA low? I can see Luhan's pained expression whenever he sees you two together and last night he cried himself to sleep." Xiumin said and I glared at him. 

"Are you trying to make me out as the bad guy here?" I snapped and he flinched. Tension filled the room and Jongin tightened his hold on me. 

"No. I'm just trying to tell you to-" he said but I cut him off.

"Don't tell what to do and not do." I said. 

"Dude seriously. Don't be rude to Xiumin. He's only looking out for his friend." Chen said, defending Xiumin. I just rolled my eyes and stood up. 

"I'm not hungry anymore." I muttered and walked to my room. When I got there, I closed the door and lay back in my bed. Way to make me feel guilty Xiumin. There's one thing I hate the most and that's making the people I care about cry and sadly, Luhan's one of them. His pained expression whenever he sees me with Jongin, shows me that he still cares but he has to earn my trust again for me to be able to forgive him. He broke me in so many ways that I can't find it in myself to forgive him easily. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me again. 

----------------------------------------------

I woke up when I felt my bed dip at the weight of the other person. I continued to pretend to be sleeping until I felt the person move my hair from my face. The person sighed and didn't say anything. It was quiet and the only thing that could be heard is the person's breathing and the clock ticking. I was so tempted to open my eyes and look at the person but I really don't want to talk to anyone right now so I just stayed still and pretended to sleep. I felt the person grab my hand and kiss it. 

"Mianhae Sehunnie." I froze for a second when I heard the voice but composed myself. I don't want Luhan to know that I'm awake. He's the last person I want to talk to right now. He sighed again and held onto my hand. 

"You don't know how sorry I am. Looking at how happy you are with Jongin, makes me regret cheating on you even more. I've realised what I've lost. Without you my life is so dark. You're the only one who's made me truly happy. I feel so pathetic talking to you when you're asleep but I just don't have the guts to tell you this when you're awake. I love you Sehunnie and I hate seeing your face full of pain in the past week. That's why I've made a decision that will be good for the both of us and for the band as well." he said and suddenly, I got curious. What decision? Is he finally going to get me to trust him again? I felt a tear drop on my hand and I resisted the urge to wipe the tears from his face. 

"Because of me, tension is always rising within all of us whenever I'm around. Even though it hurts me to say this, I'm happy for you and Jongin. I really am. I know he can make you happy like I never could and I know that he won't hurt you like I did. I love you too much to ruin your new found happiness so I found the best solution for the both of us and I hope you will all accept my decision." he paused and now I'm really curious. I waited for him to continue and when he did, I felt my heart stop beating. 

"I'm going to leave Exo and move back to China."