Chapter 3

The New Beginning

After I placed the ring back in Jongin hyung's hand, he looked at me with a smile in his face. I know that he's happy about my decision and so is Chanyeol hyung. Silence filled the air and we all just sat there as Jongin hyung put the ring away. I looked at Joonmyeon hyung who looked shocked but had tears in his eyes. It's a tragic ending but I want to at least give Luhan hyung a chance to tell me why he did what he did. I need to know what I did wrong.

We lay there under the night sky with Luhan in my arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rest his head in my chest. The picnic basket left at the side and the sky looked absoloutely beautiful but not as beautiful as the man in my arms. The silence was comfortable and the only sound that can be heard is our breathing and Luhan's quite humming. 

"Hunnie?" 

"Yes?" 

"I love you." I froze and I could feel my heartbeat quicken and the blush on my face. Luhan loves me. I could feel a smile form on my face as Luhan said the most beautiful three words ever for the first time. 

"I love you too my dear Lulu." I replied and kissed him on the forehead. 

I smiled at the memory of Luhan and I. I don't know why but these memories keep coming back one by one but I guess Luhan and I were a happy couple. There must've been something bad I did to make him cheat though because based on those memories, Luhan and I were happy. I was broken out of my thoughts when I heard someone enter the room. I looked up and saw Baekhyun who looked at all of us. 

"Minho sunbae said that if you've all calmed down, go to the living room." he said quietly before quickly leaving the room. I looked at Jongin who was staring at me weirdly. 

"What are you smiling about?" Jongin asked curiousity evident in his voice. 

"I just remembered something." I told him. 

"What is it?" Chanyeol asked.

"The first time Luhan and I said I love you to each other." I replied.

"Oh yeah. I remember you calling me in the morning saying that Luhan finally said he loves you." Jongin said.

"Come on let's go." Joonmyeon hyung finally said something. We all stood up and Jongin put his arms around me protectively and Chanyeol walked next to me. Taemin and Joonmyeon walked in front of us and we all quietly walked to the living room. When we got there, Minho was standing in front of everyone, Lay, Luhan, Baekhyun, Tao, Kris and Chen sat in one couch and Kyungsoo and Minseok sat at a good distance next to each other on the couch. Jongin sat me down next to Kyungsoo and he sat next to me with Chanyeol next to him and Joonmyeon in between Chanyeol and Minseok. Taemin walked to the front and stood next to Minho who put his arm around Taemin's shoulder in a protective manner. When we were all sat down, awkward silence filled the air until Kris broke it. 

"What the hell is going on here?" he asked. 

"Why don't you ask Luhan?" Joonmyeon hyung said with venom in his voice. We all looked at Joonmyeon hyung who was glaring at Luhan. We have never seen Joonmyeon hyung act like this, ever. I looked at Luhan who was looking down at his lap. 

"Instead of bullying Luhan, why don't we actually hear him out?" Minseok said and I looked at him. 

"Why don't you shut up?" Jongin snapped at him and he looked down. 

"Okay. Jongin stop being rude to those who are older than you. Respect them." Chen said while glaring at him. 

"Oh please, Jongin and I made a mistake by respecting Luhan. We respected him because he was good to our best friend and we trusted him to not break our best friend's heart, but what did he do? He cheated on him with this idiot and our best friend got in to an accident because of that." Chanyeol replied, defending Jongin. 

"Plus respect is earned not given." Jongin said coldly. 

"Who was that best friend?" Baekhyun asked although I think he already knows the answer.

"Our very own maknae of course." Chanyeol said and rolled his eyes. Then he turned his gaze to Luhan and gave him one of his deathly glares. It's rare to see Chanyeol mad and when he is, it's not nice at all. A mad Chanyeol is a scary Chanyeol. "Why can't you just let Sehunnie be happy? Why did you have to tell him? Can't you see that he's much happier not knowing about you two? You're just a painful memory that he shouldn't remember." 

"I'm sorry okay! I know sorry is not enough. I blame myself for Sehun's accident. If I hadn't neglected him and cheated on him then the that car wouldn't have hit him. Him and I would still be happy but because of my stupidity, I lost him. I lost everything that made me happy. Blame me for everything and hate me for it but that's not gonna make a difference since I already hate myself too. For the past two years I've always wanted to apologise but I was a coward. When I found out about Sehun being in a coma, I broke it off with Minseok hyung because the guilt was eating me alive. I lost everyone because of a stupid mistake." Luhan yelled and tears were streaming down his face. Everyone was looking at Luhan as he looked at me. 

"Then why did you do it?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I don't know. I don't know why I did it but I regret it. There were times when I looked back at everything and realised that it was too late. I even tried to visit Sehun at the hospital but the security won't let me in because they were given specific instructions to not let anyone in apart from Sehun's family and Jongin and Chanyeol. I regret everything I did. I became depressed after that and I was so close to killing myself." Luhan explained but he said the last part quietly. While I forgot about him, I didn't know all the pain he's suffered because of me. He was in so much pain that he wanted to commit suicide. Most of the members were glaring at him and Lay was the only one who was looking at him with sympathy. I stood up and walked over to Luhan. When I was standing in front of him, I bent down so we were roughly the same height and gave him a hug. He froze but soon, he hugged me back and I could feel my shoulder getting wet. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Sehun." he sobbed. 

"It's okay. Don't cry Lulu." I said then kissed his forehead. It's alright Lulu, we'll get through this.