Prologue

Finding My Heaven on Earth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

There she was. Dressed in the most beautiful wedding gown I had ever seen, walking down the isle and about to make the commitment that would forever change her life. Everyone in the venue was in tears, not tears of sadness; but tears of joy. They were all happy for her. The bride let out a smile as her eyes glistened in overflowing happiness, and why wouldn't she be? It was probably the most happiest and unforgettable day of her life.

The groom was well-dressed in a fancy suit and was of course smiling from ear to ear. He too couldn't hide his excitement. He stared at her, astonished at how beautiful she looked at that very moment. 
 

Sounds magical and romantic, right? Standing face to face with the person you love and making an oath that you two would forever stand side by side and never leave each other. Putting yourself out there, in front of your family and friends and boasting out how much you two hold these remarkable feelings for one another. You can actually picture it like some kind of fairy tale — and this was their own happy ending.



 

The bride was no other than my best friend. The person who stood beside me through all these years. The one who knows me more than I know myself. She's probably the only person I can't afford to lose. Today she's the beautiful princess who gets married to her prince charming. 



 

You wanna know the best part of the story? — That prince is the man I love.







 

"You are unbelievable, Hwang Tiffany!" I recalled shouting. "I was gone, trusting that nothing would happen, but out of all people, why you? Why did you have to be the one who had to steal him from me?!" 

 

I tried using the most harshful words I could, trying to stab the deepest wound of guilt into her. I was raging with anger that time — I wanted to beat the out of her. But I couldn't. I still couldn't control the sharp bullets firing out from my mouth. 


 

"I'm sorry, Tae." She sniffled. "You know I am."

 

"Sorry?" I smirked, rolling my eyes at her. "Wow. You're quite something, Tif! Do you think that your sorry can't fix anything?! I trusted you! I trusted him! How could you two do this to me?! Tell to me, was it wrong to ever trust you?! You ruined everything! It's all your fault!"

 

"I'm really sorry." She cried. "It's just that... we... fell in love... I... I'm so... sorry." 

 

"No! How dare you ing say you two fell in love, when he wasn't in love with you in the first place! He didn't love you! He loved me. Just face it! You stole him! I can't believe you put yourself first! How could you do this to me?! I just hate it. I hate you." 

 

"I'm sorry!" was the only thing she sobbed repetitively. 

 

"Go away. I don't need you in my life. I don't need anyone. I can't trust you ever again. Oh, and on your wedding- don't even think of inviting me. Hope your happy." 




 

But there I was. Standing at the very back of the venue, watching the whole wedding ceremony go down. I tried my best to hide my tears as I watched them exchange vows. Seeing the both of them looking so happy pierced my heart, making an even deeper whole. The pain was excruciating. A tear was just about to fall off the edge of my eye when they kissed, letting out the words that hurt me the most. "I love you." They said to each other. 
 

My whole world was torn apart. My entire life was back to being nothing. When will I ever be happy? 


 

The newly-wed couple made their way down the isle and everyone followed them to the after party. I secretly walked with the crowd and soon found myself sitting down by a table filled with people I used to know. These people were the people he introduced me to a while back.

 

They looked at me with pity and I'm pretty sure all of them were probably feeling sorry for me, sorry because I was the groom's "ex" girlfriend. I bet they also found the whole situation quite strange and awkward, I can't blame them, it really was.

 

Soon the hosts of the party started off the dinner, with the lovely couple sitting in their own little place up on the stage. There were waiters that started to go around, serving some fancy, european dish Tiffany used to love.

 

Some of the couple's family members and friends went on stage to say a few words to the newly wed, as everyone else was eating. Of course my name wasn't called nor mentioned. Tifanny thought I wouldn't have come.

 

"Congratualtions! Jun Myeon Hyung! You're married now! I hope you live happily with Tifanny-sshi." One of the groom's friends stated his congratulatory message.




 

We all started to eat and I would steal glances at him from time to time. He kept on smiling, and that kept piercing a larger scar in me.

The day turned to night quickly and the event was still going on. It was time for the father-daughter dance. I saw Mr. Hwang make his way to the middle of the dance floor and offered his hand to his daughter. At that moment my mind wasn't centered on them, my thoughts were drifting to where the groom could be. I just have to talk to him.

I know I should've done this during the wedding, when the officiate asked if anyone objects to the wedding—"or forever hold their peace". I just couldn't. Not in front of everyone so precious to them. I know I was mad at them but I'm just not the person to ruin their lives, but come to think of it, did they never felt the least bit of guiltiness after ruining mine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter