Chapter 1

Who can Forget?

Chapter One:

 

 

I smiled and took a last glance of the now quiet campus as I slowly pulled my luggage towards the school gate.

 

“ahh.. I’ve never felt this relaxed throughout the year. It’s the end of school year atlast.”

I walked towards the guardhouse to log-out, and to be free and start my official summer break. Yes atlast!

 

“hai guard oppa!”

“ oh, hey hi!” the guard said putting his humble smile.

“ hehehe.. I’ll be signing-out now.”

“Of course, here’s the log book and let me help you with your luggage” the guard said

“ thanks guard oppa” she thanked the guard as she finished logging out with her signature in the log-book.

“ no Problem Yuri” guard oppa smiled and and brought Yuri’s luggage outside and put it in the waiting shed.

“ here you go guard oppa. Thanks for lending me your pen.”

“ no problem. Have a nice vacation Yuri and congratulations! You are now a graduate.” The older guard who are sitting inside the guard house when yuri arrived is now standing getting his pen from yuri. “ what course are you taking anyway?” the guard that lent his pen asked.

“ actually I don’t know yet guard oppa. I’m still thinking about what to take but probably I’ll just let my parents to decide for me.” That thought has drawn a frown into yuri’s face but then quickly shrugged it off.

“better think over it seriously. College is way more serious than high school.”

“ yes appa.” Yuri joked

“ hehehe..  I better go now. Thank you to you oppas for looking over me from freshmen until now.” Yuri then bowed and wave d to the guards who are also waving at her.

“ look at that kid. I mean when she first got here she’s still a kid but now she’s leaving as a young woman. ( sniff sniff)” the older guard said with teary eyes.

“ oh come on hyung, your such a mellow dramatic. But I’ll gonna miss those kids specially Yuri and her gang.”  The younger guard smiled and comforted the older one.

 

 

Looking at them for the last time, Yuri felt her chest tighten.

It’s so simple for me to pass-by the people I see everyday.

“I just walk around ignoring the same people whom I think are just a bunch of ‘nobodies’  in the same campus everyday. Not noticing that they played a big part in my life by witnessing my growth and progress. They are present in my everyday life as a student. I fall in-line together with them in the cafeteria. I see them and they see me too, everyday. Some of those people graduated with me. They played a big role in my life here in this campus. Very big. I have no idea before, but now what can I do it’s all over now.

Whew.. now look I missed them and it’s already too late.” Yuri thought.

 

Yuri watched the campus for the last time.

“ ahh.. I made quite fun memories here. I will surely miss this place.” Yuri whispered to herself.

“ I wonder where my friends go to study for college.”

Then Yuri boarded the bus that stopped in front of her. When she’s inside , she looked for a vacant seat and stopped in the middle section of the bus.

“ the seat is not taken right?” Yuri asked the girl, who has a brown hair and looks groggy, in front of her.

“ asking the obvious? Tsk!” the girl answered with a question in a cold tone with a sarcasm drawn in her face.

“ oh, sorry.” Yuri said while taking her seat.

The luggage is not with her anymore because the driver stored it inside the compartment box of the bus.

 

 

------- Yuri’s POV -------

 “ tsk! This girl just broke my mood for the day. Aish! I’m just being nice and asked her nicely. I never thought that she’ll be annoyed  by that one simple question. Well maybe she’s just irritated for waking-up from sleep, ‘cause she looks like she just  woke-up from sleep. Maybe I should apologize later.”

“geez.. why do I care anyway?” Yuri then rolled her eyes while the girl beside her is oblivious on what Yuri is doing.

 

 

 

 

------Girl’s POV -------

“ Dang! This girl’s so stupid. I hate it! The very first question that pops in front of my face from sleep is irritably so non-sense. Can you believe it? Just what kind of question did she ask? Asking me if the seat beside me is taken when the bus is actually running and the seat beside me is empty? Hmmph! Seriously, I’m quite annoyed. Maybe I should introduce her to common-sense some time later.”

------

The bus continued running on the road ( well duh of course. are you expecting the bus to run on the sea?) * sorry for my randomness.

 

The fare collector is now moving from the back of the bus to the front, stopping in every row to collect the fare and hand them their tickets.

“ where to?” the collector asked the girl beside Yuri.

“ $##$%$ city” she replied with a sleepy voice.

“ and you?” the collector asked , looking at Yuri

“ same with her” 

“ okey, here are your tickets.” The collector left the two after doing his business and went in front and sat beside the driver while Yuri , well Yuri is doing nothing but listening to music.

Yuri wants to sleep but she can’t. she just fetched her phone from her pocket and read some FanFic.  Then she looked at the girl beside her, who are watching the view outside her window.

 

 

---------

“This girl’s not so bad looking after-all. I mean I did not expect her to look, umm….. beautiful? Angelic?.. yeah, maybe angelic is the word. Well she has a not-very-nice I mean not nice at all attitude.

Hmph! A wolf in a sheep’s coat. Tsk.

I am intently looking at her when…

 

“ kyaaahh!” I squiked

 

“ kyahh!” she squealed too but unlike mine, hers sounds like a dolphin. It kinda amazing though, it’s the first time that I think my ears are close to bleeding.

 

“ ahhh..” I screamed once again cause I’m so startled of her, screaming.

 

“ yah! Stop screaming… now look! All eyes are on us now .”

 

I just blinked my eyes thrice. No words came out from me.

 

“what are you doing?? Why are you screaming?”

 

 

The girl beside me said in an irritated tone.

 

I looked around us and like what she said their eyes are on us indeed.

 

What am I gonna do? I mean what will I tell her? Should I tell her that I screamed because I’m looking at her and criticizing her then startled when she turned

her head towards me? No way!

 

“ umm.. err. Nothing” I said

 

“so you’re telling me that you screamed for nothing? I mean because of nothing?” she said glaring.

 

“umm.. uhhh.” I don’t know what to say

 

“ are you thinking that I’m so stupid not to notice that you just want to disturb me in my sleep?! Gosh watta shame!” she continued

 

Whew!... I thought she knew that I’m staring at her the whole time.

 

 

“  No! I screamed because I saw a cat. Yes, a cat!”

 

“ you have a cat phobia or something? And a cat? Where can you find a cat? The bus is running.”

 

“ no, I mean I saw a cat hit by a car outside.”

 

“ oh! Really? You sure?”

 

“ yes I am.” I lied

 

“ poor cat” the girl said

 

 

Whew! That was close! Wait, why did I lie?

I could have just told her the truth. But wouldn’t it be weird? Well I guess it’s weird to tell her that I screamed because of her, that would be rude. Well atleast, I escaped her wrathful stare but geezz.. what’s wrong with this woman?

My brows scrunched-up when I thought of those things.

 

--- to be continued in the next chapter.