Her choice?

Save Me

She didn't want Minho to have a life full of suffering, anger and desire for revenge so she decided she was going to stay by his side trying not to get his hopes up about their relationship. He visited her that morning and she acted as normal as possible, she made tea for both of them and gave Minho a cup of it, they sat in front of each other.

Sulli: What did you want to talk me about?

Minho: I was visited by Ungnyeo last night.

Sulli: I find it funny how I am not surprised anymore.

Minho: She told me how to become human.

Sulli: How?

Minho: If you truly fall in love with me I can become human, I'd just need to make sure to keep one condition.

Sulli: Which are?

Minho: Nothing too difficult, I'd just have to avoid using my powers.

Sulli: And what would happen if the rules weren't followed?

Minho: Then umm...I would just have to get away from you...

She was surprised by the fact that he didn't want to tell her the truth, somehow he showed confidence by saying she just had to fall in love with him.

Sulli: Ah...I see...

Minho held her hands and looked at her lovingly, her heart started beating faster and she got nervous.

Minho: So make sure you fall in love with me...so we can be together.

Sulli: Eh? I...I...

Minho: It's ok even if you don't say a thing right now, I just hope you can fall for me.

Sulli: Yes...

Minho: What are you doing right now?

Sulli: I was going to work on my novel...I've been writing it for a long time.

Minho: What is it about?

Sulli: It's a horror story with a touch of romance.

Minho: I see, are you perhaps inspired by us?

Sulli: What do you mean?

Minho: I'm just joking.

They kept talking for a while about Sulli's project and he couldn't stop looking at her lovingly. For many months they kept meeting in secret with the help of Ungnyeo who put amulets to avoid dark creatures to get close to her house, Minho went back with his friends and said he didn't love Sulli anymore and they believed him but still kept an eye on him, somehow he managed to trick them and meet Sulli. They often met in her house or in his cave, Minho was really nice to Sulli and she couldn't help falling for him without realizing it, she was reminded every day about Ungnyeo's warning about him becoming a demon and she got scared every time he was sweet and made her heart beat faster. Once she finished her studies she had to go to the city and receive her diploma but she also had to attend the graduation ceremony because Tiffany forced her to go, she prepared for it and before she left Minho went to visit her.

Sulli: Oh Minho?

Minho: Hey, are you leaving now?

Sulli: Yes, I have to go to my graduation ceremony.

Minho: I guess I should say congratulations, so congratulations!

He hugged her and she was able to see a blue glowing mark on his neck after looking at it carefully she realized it had the shape of a moon with stars around it.

Sulli: What is that on your neck?

Minho: Hmm, it's like a timer. It's the countdown to the day I will become human. 

Sulli: Ohh, there are 8 stars so I'm guessing it's a week, right?

Minho: No, it's 21 days because each star equals 3 days.

Sulli: Wouldn't it be 4 days?

Minho: No, this timer allows you to make 3 mistakes.

Sulli: Oh...I'm glad you were able to start it.

Minho: I'm really excited, it was all because of you.

Sulli: How?

Minho: It starts once the loved one falls in love.

Sulli blushed and looked down, he took her hand and kissed it then he leaned over to kiss her but then he stepped back and just said goodbye as he walked away from her, this really confused her but she didn't want to make Tiffany wait any longer so she drove to her place and after getting in she noticed that Tiffany looked anxious. She thought it was probably because of the ceremony so she just told her to hurry up because they would be late for the ceremony. Sulli sat awkwardly next to Tiffany who was talking with her friends, after she received her diploma she greeted Tiffany's parents. After a while she saw her father standing next to another guy who had just graduated as well, she didn't want to meet him but she had to go because he called her out.

Sejong (Sulli's father): Sulli, congratulations.

Sulli: Thanks.

Her father gave her a bouquet of flowers and she took them with an awkward look.

Sejong: This is my friend's son Lee Taemin.

Sulli: Nice to meet you.

Taemin: It's my pleasure.

Sulli: I'm sorry but I have to go back, let's meet some other time.

Sejong: I was actually going to ask you for dinner tonight, Taemin is coming as well.

Sulli: I'm afraid I have other plans.

Her father looked over Sulli's shoulder and made a gesture to ask Tiffany to come closer.

Tiffany: Oh! Father! Nice to see you again, it's been a while.

Sejong: It's nice to see you Tiffany.

Tiffany: Umm, Sulli do you want to stay for a few days?

Sulli: I'm sorry but I can't, I have to finish my project.

Tiffany: You can always finish it later~ we can have a sleepover.

Sejong: Why don't you take a break? You just graduated.

Sulli knew her father was up to something but she decided she was going to stay for one night at Tiffany's. She lent her a pajama but before she changed she asked her to go to the supermarket with her, but once they drove past the supermarket Sulli suspected her father had something to do with Tiffany's unusual behaviour.

Sulli: I thought we were going to the supermarket.

Tiffany: I'm sorry, your father asked me to take you home.

Sulli: Why?!

Tiffany: He has my brother! He told me to convince you to stay for a while and once you were home he would bring my brother back.

Sulli: I really can't go there Tiffany! Please! You know he won't let me out again!

Tiffany: I am really sorry Sulli, but I can't let my brother stay there for another day..

She pulled over in front of a black car, two men got out of it and opened her door to drag me out of the car, she kept asking her to help her but then other two men got out of the black vehicle and dragged Tiffany's brother into her car. Sulli kept screaming and kicking them but they had forced her into the car, another man tied her hands and feet, during the trip she kept screaming but at one point one of them got tired of it so he took a rohypnol pill and stuffed it in , after a while she fell unconscious.

When they were at her father's house they carried her out of the car and then they got in, she was able to hear her father talking to the man that was carrying her.

Sejong: My goodness, what are you doing?

Bodyguard: She got a little aggressive so we didn't have a choice.

Sejong: Did you hit her?

Bodyguard: We didn't leave any bruises or marks, as you wished.

Sejong: Perfect, take her to her room.

They laid her on the bed and then she heard some maids getting inside, she was slowly beginning to regain consciousness and when she was almost fully conscious they told her to sit down in front of the mirror, they started putting makeup on her face and then one of them took out a dress from the wardrobe, they told her to put it on so she did and then they did her hair and made her wear heels, she felt like an old woman who was trying too hard and she knew that her father wanted her to marry Taemin even if she didn't know him well. They told her to stand at the top of the stairs in 10 minutes, she waited and then someone knocked her door to come out, she stood at the top of the stairs and then heard her father's voice.

Sejong: Taemin, I think you've waited enough. Here's Sulli.

She then started walking downstairs and she knew she had to smile even if she was filled with fear and anger, she stood next to her father and he introduced her to Taemin again and to Taemin's father and mother, Lee Minjun and Lee Taerin. His father was a very old man and his mother looked like a fashion model, she was very surprised to see that a kind looking man could be helping her father, she started wondering if he knew about her father's dark business but she didn't know if it was proper to ask Taemin about it so she just tried to keep quiet during the dinner. They walked to the dining room and then sat down, she was next to Taemin, he asked her a few questions about the things that she liked, she kept her answers short to make him hate her, she wanted to get out of there as soon as she could. When they finished having dinner her father lead them to the living room.

Sejong: Why don't you kids go walk around the place while we talk?

Sulli: Yes.

Taemin made her link arms and walk close to him, he took her to the garden and then sat down in a bench.

Taemin: Umm, aren't you cold?

Sulli: Not really, don't worry.

Taemin: Ok. Ummm...

Sulli: I know that my father wants us to get married, but you need to know that I won't do as he wishes.

Taemin: I noticed, why are you like that to your father?

Sulli: Are you kidding? I don't even know why I still call him father, he doesn't deserve that title.

Taemin: Why is that?

Sulli: It's a long story you don't need to know.

Taemin: Alright then.

He was clearly disappointed because his father had told him that Sulli was really lovely and kind but at that moment she was pissed at her father for kidnapping her so she could meet a guy he wanted her to marry so he could get more money.

Sulli: I'm sorry, it's just that that man forced me to come here and I have to get home as soon as I can.

Taemin: Why? Do you have a boyfriend?

She blushed, he sighed and chuckled.

Taemin: I knew there was something like that.

Sulli: I'm sorry, but I really need to head back home.

Taemin: It's really late right now, maybe you could stay at my place.

She got suspicious of Taemin, not exactly about him trying to make her stay because of her father but for his own benefit, she gave him a dirty look, he blushed and quickly shook his head.

Taemin: I don't mean it in a dirty way! I--I just think that...

Sulli: Just help me get out of here.

Taemin: I mean, this is your house, how am I supposed to know how to escape?

Sulli: You're right!

She remembered when she was little she used to run away from her place often, she immediately ran accross the garden towards a tool shed, the fence was right behind it. She used to climb over the fence and run to Tiffany's place. She took her heels off and climbed to the top, she jumped down and started running, since it had been a really long time since she had been to the city she went to the closest crossroad and took a cab, Taemin had followed her and caught up with her as soon as she took the cab. He got inside with her while carrying her heels on his hand, Sulli ignored him and told the driver to take her as close to her house as possible, she kept getting calls from her dad so she threw her phone out the window.

Sulli: Give me your phone.

Taemin: What? No!

Sulli: I don't want my dad following me, just give it to me.

He took it out and gave it to her, she threw it and Taemin turned around to watch how a car ran over it, she kept looking forward telling the driver where to turn next. Sulli kept trying to remember the street they were supposed to take to go back to her place but the driver refused to take her that far, Taemin paid him and they got off. He gave her the shoes, she put them on and started walking.

Taemin: That forest...Are you really going to walk there alone at this time?

Sulli: I'll just go to a hotel, go back to your place. Don't follow me.

Taemin: I'm not leaving you alone, what if something happens to you?

Sulli: I'll be alright, you're the one that should be worried. As far as I know your dad has pissed off a lot of gang members in Seoul. 

Taemin: You know who my dad is?

Sulli: I just remembered, he used to visit my father pretty often, they talked a lot about the business they had going on.

Taemin: He just lost his way...He's not that bad.

Taemin's father was a politician, he used to be very fair at the beginning of his career but as soon as Sulli's father introduced him to his very own mafia he was corrupted, they started a drug cartel in Seoul. They would only sell to those in power and once Taemin's father decided to open up the business to everyone the other gangs saw them as a threat, because of his power he was able to get some people to kill their members. 

Sulli: It's the money. I don't want any of that. Besides, I'm quite sure my father wants us to marry to prove your father's loyalty. Just go home, don't tell them I ran away.

They crossed the street and a car rushed towards them, Sulli's eyes widened and Taemin tried to reach out to her while closing his, a loud noise was heard all over the street, the car's brakes didn't work. Taemin opened his eyes and all he could see was a couple of blood drops spilled where Sulli was standing, the car had crashed into a light post but Sulli was out of sight. He ran around trying to find her but she was nowhere to be found.