Reminisce.

Summertime Sadness.

Two Years Ago.

Hyosung ran down her house's stone-covered pathway, flailing her arms in the air. Her neighbors probably thought she was some kind of maniac that needed to seek help by now. Nobody knew what had gotten into her, and she didn't either. But she knew that it had to do with that one person; that one person that was on her mind first thing in the morning and the moment her head hit the pillow.

Jieun's words echoed through her head:

"Face it, Hyosung. You're in love."

"Please, Jieun. I would know if I was in love."

"Have you seen the way he looks at you? It's obvious that he's head over heels."

Was he in love with her or was she looking into this relationship too much? Hyosung bit her bottom lip and inhaled the smell of freshly cut grass. It was close to one in the afternoon and Zico had planned to take her out to lunch. A smile grew on her face; she was smiling so much these days that her cheeks were so sore from it.

"Unnie, I made you breakfast! Hurry up and come eat." Her roommate, Hyuna called out from the house.

Hyosung turned around and brushed off the debris from her bare feet, maybe walking around the yard barefoot wasn't a great idea. "I'm coming!"

She opened the door and slipped on her indoor slippers, not wanting to have her footprints implanted on every surface possible. Freshly brewed coffee and cinnamon rolls filled the air, intoxicating every breath she took. 'Ah, life is wonderful.' Hyosung stretched her arms and entered the dining room, only to head into the kitchen to wash her hands before eating.

"Eunji and Luna left already?" Hyosung asked as she took a bite out of her roll.

Hyuna scoffed, "They wouldn't wait up for a slow-poke like you." She flipped her hair aside, giggling at Hyosung's irritated expression. "I heard that Zico is taking you out today! Are you guys official yet?"

"Did Sunhwa tell you that?"

"Well, everyone knows it so it really isn't much of a secret." Hyuna shrugged. "You're different these days, unnie. I mean that in a good way."

Hyosung pursued her lips, "I'm still the same-old Hyosung that you know."

"The Hyosung I know wouldn't sleep in or run around the yard like a psycho." Hyuna countered.

"You need to stop acting smart."

"I didn't know being smart was a crime."

"I hate you so much right now, Hyuna." Hyosung placed her plate in the sink, and leaned on the dining room's doorframe.

"I love you too, unnie!"

Hyosung sighed, shaking her head in exhaustion from her friend's cheerfulness. "I gotta get ready and when Zico's at the door, please don't embarrass me."

"No need to worry. I'm not your mother." The blonde-haired woman replied, blowing a kiss to her. "Now, go get dressed! You have a big day ahead of you!"

'I seriously need to find a guy for her.' Hyosung rolled her eyes and wondered why someone who was younger than her was treating her like a child. It wasn't that she was annoyed by her; it was just that she didn't know how to pay Hyuna back for all of her kindness and generosity. Things like that were priceless and Hyosung had no clue what Hyuna had to go through to be that kind of person, or maybe she was always that type of person. She was taking the things Hyuna said into consideration; she was different, even she couldn't deny that. But that was a good thing, Hyosung was changing because of him and it made her feel bubbly and like she could rule the world with him just by her side. He was her only happiness.


"Can you not?" Hyosung exclaimed. She coughed as Hyuna sprayed a pink-colored fragrance mist all over her that was way more than necessary. It was like she bathed in an entire tub full of it.

"Aish, stop complaining! I'm done." Hyuna placed the quarter-emptied bottle on the coffee table and fixed a strand of hair that was falling from Hyosung's face. "There! Don't you feel beautiful?"

"I've never asked for your help. We're just going out for lunch. It's not like he's going to propose to me." She collapsed on the gray couch and pouted her lips.

"What if he is going to propose?" Hyuna asked in amazement, clasping both of Hyosung's hands.

Hyosung snorted, "Aren't I a tad bit too young to get married?"

"So? Haven't you seen everyone these days? Getting married once they're eighteen." Hyuna placed her hands on her hips, cocking her head to the side.

"But still—" Hyosung was interrupted by a knock on the door, following another set of knocks. "He's here!" She whispered roughly, bouncing up and down in her seat.

"See, that's exactly what I was talking about earlier. You've changed." Hyuna walked to the door, "I'll get it."

"No!" She jumped up from the couch and jogged to the door. "I'll get it." Hyosung smoothly imputed.

Hyuna raised her eyebrows, "Okay. The door is all yours. Have fun, baby cakes!" She quickly gave Hyosung a hug before urging her towards the door.

Hyosung took a deep breath and cleared out her head of any worries. 'There's nothing to be nervous about, silly.' This wasn't even their first date, but she had no clue why she was making such a big deal out of lunch. Then it hit her; everyone was telling her how he was so infatuated by her and she couldn't bring herself around to believe it. Maybe he was feeling the same things she was feeling. They were so young and he certainly wasn't her first boyfriend. 'Is this love?'

"Just go with the flow, everything will be okay." She chanted to herself. Hyosung reached out to the cold doorknob and gently twisted it.

A tall, lean figure stood in front of her. He twirled his car keys around his fingers and his eyes gleamed with liveliness.

"Oppa!" Hyosung threw her arms around his neck, inhaling his scent. He smelled like the ocean and sunshine, everything that reminded her of summer.

His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her in closer towards him. She felt warm and complete when she was with him and it was the most reassuring feeling that she had ever felt in her life.

"Hyosung-ah! I missed you." Zico muttered as he planted a kiss on her cheeks, following another one directly on her lips.

Hyosung laughed at the immediate contact, running her fingers through his recently-dyed blonde hair. "I like your hair like this. It makes you look..."

"Makes me look what?" He nuzzled his face into her neck, knowing that she was sensitive in that spot. "Tell me, Hyosung!"

"Stop!" She squeaked, moving her head from side to side. "It makes you look cute and fluffy. Like scrambled eggs."

"Like scrambled eggs, huh?" Zico narrowed his eyebrows at her statement. "Sometimes, you are the weirdest person ever."

She crossed her arms, "But you love my weirdness, right?"

"Babe, I love everything about you." He responded. "Come on, let's get going!" Zico grasped her hand, interlocking their fingers together before guiding her to his car.


"This is what I love most about summer." Hyosung stated as she took a small bite out of her piña colada Popsicle. Zico had taken her out to this small restaurant that sold grilled meats and hamburgers. Luckily, the restaurant was a few blocks away from the beach so they could walk instead of driving there. They stopped to buy Popsicles from this street vendor and were finishing them off.

"So you're saying you love summer more than you love me?" Zico gasped, pressing his hand against his cheek. "How could you?"

"Idiot." She murmured to herself, staring at the variety of people who were playing in the waters.

"What did you say to me?" He grinned and crept up behind her to give her a back hug.

Hyosung sniggered, "I called you an idiot. You got a problem?" She bent down to chomp off a piece of her Popsicle that was about to fall off.

"I do have a problem."

"Then what are you going to do about it?" She turned around and cocked her eyebrows, offering Zico a bite of her Popsicle.

"You'll see." He winked, grabbing her Popsicle and throwing it on the sand-covered ground; but getting one last chomp in before he discarded it.

"Hey!" That was all she managed to say until he threw her over his shoulder. "Let me down!" Hyosung pounded her fists against his back, which seemed to have no effect on him at all.

"Nope, not until you apologize for calling me an idiot." Zico shook his head in disapproval and scanned the beach. He walked and walked, getting nearer and nearer towards the waves.

"No! Don't you dare!" Hyosung emphasized, trying to keep her feet from hitting Zico in the face. "I will kill you if you're going to do what I think you're gonna do."

"Well, apologize then."

"I'm trying to but some idiot isn't letting me down."

"Okay, that's it." Zico sped up his pace and was practically running towards the ocean.

"Woo Jiho! I swear—" She screeched before hitting the waters.


Hyosung hastily snatched the beach towel from Zico and dried herself off. It was almost six and the sun still had a bit of time left before it was going to set. Usually Hyosung and Zico would spend their days together until the sun was down; that's what she loved most about summer. Once summer was over, they would go back to their usual selves; where they barely contacted each other because they were too busy working or doing other things. They just didn't have enough time together but this summer seemed to make up for all of the time that they lost.

"That wasn't really necessary, oppa." Hyosung tilted her head to the side to get rid of any excess water that was stuck in it.

"I know. But we had fun, didn't we?" Zico gently tugged on one end of the beach towel that Hyosung had wrapped around her to make room for him to slip in beside her.

She sighed, "Yeah. We kind of did."

"Ah, you should be heading home. I don't want Hyuna to scold me again." He breathed, using his fingers to adjust his wet hair.

"Why is everyone so intimidated by her? She's really not that bad once you get to know her."

"Says the evil demon-spawned child."

"You know what? You need to be quiet." Hyosung declared, sticking her hand up to his face.

Zico pushed aside her hand and jumped up in front of her, "Make me."

Hyosung stood up on her tippy-toes to give him a quick peck on the lip, only to be pulled back around by her arm. His hand s around her waist while the other one held her cheek in place. She stared into his eyes, why hadn't she realized how beautiful they were? They were so dark but so promising at the same time; he had eyes that could compel her to do anything with just one look.

It felt like hours passed by as they stared, until Zico tilted his head; slowly inching closer to her lips. Hyosung melted the moment his lips touched hers. She softly moved her lips along with his, her arms embracing his neck. It seemed like the world was spinning around them and that he was the only person that mattered to her. Hyosung lightly tugged the hair on his neck, earning a soft moan from him. She smiled against his lips as he pulled her even closer to him. Zico deepened the kiss, forcing her lips to surrender to him. Hyosung felt his tongue slither into , she flinched as he explored it; his hands shifted to her back, making small circles. The kiss lasted for a few more seconds until Zico broke it off.

"I'm sorry if that was too much." He said, tangling his fingers into her hair.

"It wasn't too much at all." Hyosung laughed. "I guess you should be taking me home now."

"Whatever my babe wants." Zico kissed her forehead and wrapped the towel around her.


Author's Note: Completed 5/12/14. Yaaahhh, finished the first chapter faster than I expected. Hopefully, I get it released today with all the editing and such. This chapter is mainly focused on her past because I just want you to understand the characters a bit more, especially Zico. I'm not good at the romance thing so tell me how it was. I didn't want to use other Secret members like most of my Hyosung stories because I wanted a change, BUT they will show up! I know that the Hyosung and Zico pairing isn't really popular but I think they look A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E together. By the way, do you want the next chapter to be more about her past or the present? I'm probably going to make it about the present  /:

I'm still working on my Hyochan story! But I didn't really make that much progress on the fifth chapter. I WILL update though.

If you liked this story please subscribe, comment, bookmark it, put it in your labels and/or upvote it! I really like to read comments, especially ones that give me feedback. Sometimes I reply? Most of the time I do, cause I have no life. lmfao.  Please excuse any mistake I made in this chapter, I apologize but I am human and I can't really be perfect tbh. ._.

i love you guise. /cries/ <333

P.S. ISN'T HYOSUNG'S COMEBACK AMAZING?!?! /GOODNIGHT KISS YOU'RE SO SWEET/ (;