Second Chapter

Apsycho Agapi

“Hey, mister owl-eyed man could you please tell your father that I’m perfectly beyond healthy? I don’t need to go to that hospital again.” Jongin said as he entered Kyungsoo’s room without any notice.

“Learn to knock Jongin and please, will you stop calling me that?” Kyungsoo shouted in horror as he eyed the younger with a wide grin spreading on Jongin’s face, already knowing how Kyungsoo would react.

“Calling you what?” He shrugged as if not knowing what he did to Kyungsoo.

“For the twentieth time Kim Jongin, I’M NOT AN OWL-EYED MAN!” He said, pulling his hair in annoyance.

Jongin chuckled when he saw Kyungsoo’s flushed face exploding like a bomb anytime soon. He likes it when Kyungsoo gets annoyed. He likes to tease the other until he fumes with deep madness making him laugh at his crimsoned face. But still, Jongin knows his boundaries. He knows when to stop, not wanting the other’s anxiety to attack. Knowing and seeing how Kyungsoo wanted to live much longer every day, Jongin had found himself wanting to give it to him.

“Okay okay!  I’m going to the hospital now.” He tried his best to hide his smile but every time he does, it naturally appears and emerges especially when he look at Kyungsoo’s face again. “See you later owl-eyed man!” With that, he made his way out and laughed again hearing Kyungsoo’s loud voice. “KIM JONGIN!”

 

“Very well, Jongin. You’ve been healthier and your heart is in very good condition. Mr. Do will be very pleased to hear this.” The doctor smiled with anticipation. Hearing these words gives Jongin a peculiar feeling. He felt somehow, happy. Not because he’s going to die sooner but because of the man named Do Kyungsoo, the man that changed his perspective in life without him noticing. He agreed because of everything, money and material things. But in every hours and days that he spent with Kyungsoo, everything he wanted has no value for him compared to the one who wanted to live longer.

 

It was Kyungsoo’s wish to see how beautiful the world is before his eyes shut closed without them opening again. They’ve gone to Paris, Italy, New York, almost all around the world.  For Kyungsoo, it was the first thing on his bucket list. Jongin was beside him through these times. He witnessed how his precious smile could break every dark side on every corner and turns it into rainbows. He witnessed how he tried to stop his tears from falling every time he felt so happy. He witnessed how Kyungsoo cherished his life not wasting every ticks and tocks on the clock. And for the very first time, Jongin wanted to live. He wanted to live but this time, with Kyungsoo.

But he knew he can’t. Because from the very first moment their eyes had met each other, he knew that the knot that tied them together will soon be unraveled.

In those moments when they were together, where Jongin finds peace beside that doe eyed boy, where Jongin would want to wipe every tears away and see him smile at the end of the day, his heart started beating for the one whom he have chosen to offer anyway.

-

Awaken by his sea of thoughts, Kyungsoo searched for some midnight air. As he made his way on their balcony, he saw a figure of a man sitting on a wooden bench as if he was also lost at his sea of thoughts.  It was Jongin.

Sitting beside him, Kyungsoo tilted his head up and smiled as he looked how beautiful the midnight sky was. It was dark but the stars managed to light it up while the moon visibly glows. A thin crisp of cold air gently blows making the sound of the falling leaves heard.  Jongin smiled.

 “Why did you choose to die?” This will always be the question that Kyungsoo wants to be answered but Jongin would always choose not to. The smile on Jongin’s face turned into a hard line.

“Because breathing and living are two different things.”  Usually, Jongin would give him no response and keep his silence instead but this time Jongin finally answered. But these were not the words that Kyungsoo wanted to hear. What he really wanted to hear is far from what Jongin had told him.

“Isn’t it enough to just breathe? You are fortunate to be able to breathe Jongin especially when you know that it’s not yet going to stop.” Kyungsoo felt a thick lump filling his airways. He felt his lungs slowly constricting so he tried to inhale and exhale deeply. He hates it.

“Sometimes when you just breathe, you can’t see the world. Trust me, when you live you’ll know what it really means.” Jongin leaned his back on the wooden bench and looked up.

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to live Jongin.” Kyungsoo stooped his head and looked down, holding his fists closed.

“That’s why I’m willing to give you my heart Kyungsoo. I want you to live a life that I can’t have.” With this, Kyungsoo’s heart started beating following Jongin’s rhythm.

 “Is it really because of everything?” Kyungsoo turned to Jongin and shoot his eyes to meet his.

“Yes Kyungsoo, because of everything.” With every word they utter, their hearts played a melodious harmony.

“Are you happy?” Kyungsoo asked with unfamiliar emotions flowing around him.

“No.” Jongin said. Kyungsoo stiffened not expecting what the other had said.

“You finally got everything. Aren’t you supposed to be happy?” A strike of confusion had hit him.

“Because I didn’t expect that everything includes you. And dying is the only option I have just to live with you even just for a while.” Kyungsoo was out of words with his eyes glued to the other's. Jongin held Kyungsoo’s hand and placed it on his chest where the melodious harmony of their hearts continued playing. “Maybe my heart really belongs to you.” He smiled and stood up, kissing Kyungsoo on his forehead.

“Dream of me my owl-eyed man. Please take care of my heart.” He whispered and left. These were the words he wanted to hear, the words that could replay the melodious harmony in his heart. The words he wanted to hear from the one he love, Kim Jongin.

 

 


Author's note: Short Chappy :( Sorry..