fin.

acrophobia (it's not funny!)

Chanyeol always knew he was much taller than his peers. When his sudden growth spurt hit, he found himself always at the back of the line. Heads went from his eye level, to his shoulder level, and nowadays there are even those who only end up at his chest level. He finds it tiring to look down whenever he had to talk to anybody, but he comforts himself by saying looking up is probably a lot harder. 

If there was thing about his life that was the most ironic thing ever, it was his biggest fear. Chanyeol can have bugs all over him and not scream. He can stay in pitch black darkness and still joke about how his shiny teeth will light his surroundings up. He would try and copy clown faces, and stare straight into any ghost's eyes. But he absolutely, definitely, just can not stand high places. 

Chanyeol can barely look down the railings of a mall. He always stayed away from the open side of escalators. He always felt that if he leaned just a little bit more, it was likely he would fall. Ah, yes, falling was another thing he didn't like. Sometimes even elevators would scare him when it goes down too quickly, making his stomach jump. Roller coasters are the worst, and it because Baekhyun positively loves roller coasters. 

Baekhyun was Chanyeol's bestfriend since they were in kindergarten and still the same height. He was there when Chanyeol transitioned from a chubby little boy who kept ferrets as pets, to the lovable, goofy (handsome) giant he is now. He was the friend who would playfully try and push Chanyeol nearer the edge of any high place, and laugh when Chanyeol clings on to him. He would always say the same thing, "it's not funny, Baek!" 

To which Baekhyun would always, without fail, respond by taking Chanyeol's hand. He would wait until the taller boy visibly relaxes and stands a little straighter. He would chuckle, looking up at the scared face, and soothingly say, "it's okay, Yeollie, I'm right here."