Resurrecting Wakening

Yuzuru Hanyu Oneshots

"I finally understood what true love meant…love meant that you care for another person’s more than your own, no matter how painful the choice you face might be.”

You find yourself in a lit room. Everything's white, but a dull white-a white that screams out abnormal, discomfort, plain. There's a bed, and there he sits, his forehead wrinkled with a frown.

"Yuzuru?" 

He looks up at you, and gives a small smile decorated with pain in his eyes. "Hi Claire." He takes your hand, his hands that cover yours in warmth. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" You search his face and confusion floods you. "Sorry for what?"

"They said I will never recover from this injury. Th-that I'll never be able to skate again." The way his voice chokes on the pain that glosses his throat as he squeezes your hand. “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry?” you repeat as shock floods through you, then grief and shared despair. “Oh my god, Yuzuru, no, I’m sorry, I-“

“I will never be your ice prince ever again,” he whispers.

“No.” You shake your head. “You will always be my ice prince. Even if you never see the ice again, I know the way your heart flames when you do something you love, the way you chase after your dreams and hope to hand it to people with a smile. You will always be my ice prince. Yuzuru…” You feel a tear escape from your trembling eyes-

And open them when you feel a soft hand brush it away.

“Claire? Are you okay? Was it another bad dream?” Now instead of you looking down at him, he’s looking down at you with a worried gaze.

“Yuzuru!” You fly through the air to grasp him. “Oh my god, Yuzuru.” He’s okay, not broken, not filled with hopelessness.

“Claire?”

“You know I’ll always love you, Yuzuru, no matter what happens, okay?” You clutch him tight as if the closer you got to him, the easier it would be for him to understand. “You’ll always be my ice prince.”

You feel him hug you back. “Of course, Claire. That’s why I love you.”

“Because I’ll always be your ice prince."

[A/N] Hi guys sorry for the hiatus, school took over for a while. I do have a long oneshot in store for you though! Hopefully I can get it written in a week :3

See ya soon!