Day 1

Sweet Child, Annoying Teen, y Man

  Andy groaned in discomfort as the sun broke through the curtains and shined onto his face, waking him up from his relatively peaceful dream. As it's images disappeared from his mind, he sat up slowly and ruffled his hair, staring at the wall before deciding to actually get up this morning. 

  Andy wasn't necessarily the type to go outside, much less anywhere in fact, besides his own house. And even then he mostly stayed inside his bedroom, making money by an online business where he didn't have to show his face to anyone. He didn't quite remember when he had become such a shut in, but maybe it was because of the accident.

  Stepping out of the bed after shifting the covers away, he stood up and looked around in the darkness, having been accustomed to it for a while now.

  As the sun rose higher in the morning, he took a shower and put on a new pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt, noting that he had no reason to leave his apartment today. Soon Andy found himself sitting at his desk, staring at a blank computer screen as he waited for it to load up.

  Just as he was about to press enter, he heard a noise and blinked before looking up and around. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he heard the noise again. It sounded like something, or someone, was crying. Now, Andy was not one to be easily scared, considering that he had watched many horror movies as a child with his older brother who would make fun of him from screaming and accidentally throwing the popcorn. Disregarding the idle thoughts though, Andy held his hands over his chest and walked out into the hallway of his apartment, passing the kitchen and hearing the noise get louder as he made his way to the front door. 

  Before he could even note the action, his hand was already on the door knob, twisting it and pulling it open. He could still hear the noise, but no one was there. Andy, freaking out like a child again, shut the door quickly and turned around to press his back against it, still hearing the noise from under it.

  "N-no one's there to hurt you Andy." he said to himself to get him to calm down. Where were his senses when he needed them!? As all thoughts of spending a silent day alone in his apartment went down the drain, Andy shakily leaned off the door and turned around, deciding to check again.

  His hand clasped around the cool metal of the knob and he twisted it slowly this time, opening it a crack and peeking out first, before looking down as he heard the crying noise suddenly die down a bit. Andy's eyes widened when he finally found the source of the noise, and he hurriedly opened the door to kneel down and look at it, although he should say he, or she, he couldn't tell. 

  Inside the medium sized cardboard box, was a baby (boy I might add), wrapped in a blue blanket, with a messy mop of blackish brown hair and deep brown eyes that sparkled with tears. His hands were curled into tiny fists as he breathed in and out fast, still on the verge of crying again. The young baby boy didn't know where he was, or why he was here, but felt a sense of abandonment. Seeing the way the baby acted, Andy's face softened considerably as he peered down at the little boy.

  He reached out his hand, still being cautious though, into the box and watched as the little boy took on of his fingers in his tiny fists. The little boy was warm and soft, which made Andy smile slightly before he realized the problem on his hands.

  There was a baby, who knows how old, currently laying in a box outside his apartment.

  "Oh no." he muttered under his breath as he thought hard, the child still holding onto his finger like a lifeline. All the baby did was start to giggle to itself as he moved Andy's finger around in circles, it's sadness disappearing bit by bit.

  Deciding to analyze the situation later, Andy knew he shouldn't leave the baby boy in the hallway and slowly took his finger from their grasp before lifting him out of the box with the little blue blanket wrapped around him. Andy wasn't even sure if he was holding the baby right, but at least he wasn't holding him upside down.

  "What's your name?" he asked the baby softly as it reached for his hand again and held onto his finger. "Hm, what's this?" Andy spoke to himself again as he noticed something glinting inside the box.

  He knelt down to reach into it and pulled out a small card with gold lettering. On the card were two things.

  "Park Choongjae. 33." Andy read off the card, wondering what the 33 had meant before it suddenly flew from his hand from a breeze coming out of nowhere and was carried down the hallway. He was about to run after it before remembering the baby currently resting in his arms and stopped moving before looking down at the child. "Is that your name?" he asked with a small smile, poking his tiny nose lightly before moving to take the cardboard box from the ground. "Park Choongjae." 

  With that, he entered his apartment once again and shut the door, softly this time before walking into the kitchen. He set the box on the counter before looking back down at Choongjae who seemed to be falling asleep.

  "Who would leave a cute little boy like you?" he wondered aloud as the child's grip on his finger loosened and fell lightly on his tummy. 

  While walking around the kitchen slowly, Andy made the decision to find out from the lobby if anyone had brought a child into the building. After all, it could be someone else's. 'But who would want their child back if they left it in the first place?' Andy thought sadly to himself. At least something like this happened to the child when he was just a baby, otherwise it would have been much harder to accept the fact of abandonment if you actually knew you were abandoned in the first place. 

  Gritting his teeth, Andy accidentally tightened his grip a little too much on the child before noticing as he started squirming and frowning in his sleep.

  "Sorry." he whispered softly and loosened his grip before playing with the small amount of hair on the child's head to calm him down. Even if someone did leave the child on his doorstep, he was still going to ask the lobby man at the desk later.

  For now he was going to take care of the child as best as he could.

 

  So first chapter is done. *shot* I have no idea why I didn't update sooner. T^T I just kind of forgot and I just remembered so I finished typing the rest. *shot again* Anyways, I hope it was good. o u o I promise it'll get better! ^^; And hopefully I'll find the time to update The Supernaturalists when I get the time. :3 Till then! *waves goodbye*