III. SM Entertainment

THE REASON

After two days…

The two groups flew to Korea to introduce their new group. But as soon as they reached the country, DBSK decided to bring HERA to SM Entertainment where their dreams all started. Also, Lee Sooman called that he wanted to know HERA.

 

At SM Entertainment…

“So this is HERA?” Lee Sooman asked while smiling. “Welcome here in Korea and SM Entertainment, Ladies.” He said and the girls bowed at him.

 

“Yes, ahjusshi. They are Minari, Jeenee, Aya, Taemee and Akari.” Mr. John introduced them to him.

 

“Oh I see. They are very pretty. Especially that girl.” He said pointing at the girl in the middle that Mr. John introduced as Aya.

 

‘Bingo!’ Aya thought. ‘Still the Lee Sooman I know, huh?! It’s alright. At least I already know how I am going to play with you.’ Then she lifted her head to look back at him for a moment then acted that she blushed because of his gaze. ‘Pfft…’

 

“Will you please exchange seat with her?” Mr. Lee said to Minari who was sitting in front of his table. His obvious special attention to Aya is already noticed by everyone in the room. Especially Mr. Megura.

 

“Of course, Ahjusshi.” She said and then she switched seats with Aya.

“Hi, Ms. Aya.”

 

But Aya remained quiet. She just looked at him slightly and smiled shyly.

 

“I am Lee Sooman, Ms. Aya. I am the current CEO of SM entertainment.”

 

“Ahhh… ahjusshi, we already heard a lot about you from DBSK. And we are glad to meet you today, ahjusshi. But I hope you understand Aya. She’s maybe shy.” Jeenee said to save Aya. She doesn’t like the way this Mr. Lee looked at Aya. He’s like a maniac.

 

“Or maybe Ms. Aya is afraid with me.”

 

‘You bet, huh?!’ Mr. Megura thought.

 

Suddenly, Aya lifted her head. “Anio, ahjusshi! I am not afraid of you… uhmm, not unless there is something I have to be afraid about you.” She said and watched Lee Sooman’s expression.

 

‘Nice one, Aya.’ eight out of 13 minds in that room thought.

 

Lee Sooman laughed and his annoying snorting covered the whole room.

 

“You’re funny, lady.” …that’s why I know this will be exciting. He added in his mind.

 

“Anyway, Mr. Lee, I hope you don’t mind if we walked HERA around the whole building.” Mr. John said.

 

“Of course, of course, Mr. John. But…” he purposively hanged his words to make everybody look at him. When everybody’s attention was already at him, he smiled. “…could you leave Ms. Aya here with me?”

 

That’s when Mr. Megura couldn’t help to react. “I hope you don’t mind if I ask this, but why do you want to be alone with her, ahjusshi?”

“Don’t get me wrong Mr. Megura, but I just wanted to talk with her. I could sense that this little lady is fun to talk with and somehow, she reminded me of someone…” Aya noticed the seconds of flashback that Lee Sooman did. But before others could ever notice, he immediately smiled and looked straightly to Mr. Megura.

 

‘And who’s that someone huh? Is that…?’ Aya thought. She smiled for herself. Lee Sooman humored her. Then an idea came to her mind. ‘hmmn, a minutes alone with him wont harm me right? And besides, what else he could do to me? I am no more the stupid little girl that he knew. And look at him, I don’t think he recognize me even a bit.’

 

“Manager-sshi, is it okay if I stay with Mr. Lee even for a while? I just wanted to ask him a few questions.” Aya said.

 

“Are you sure, Aya?” Mr. Megura asked. But with the way he asked the question, it was like he wanted her to say no and to take her out of that office.

 

“Yes, Managersshi. I’ll be with you after 15 minutes and that’s a promise.”

 

“Then we will go outside and leave you. Just follow us, Aya, Okay. Kaja, kaja!” Mr. John said and the others followed him.

 

“So what do you want to talk to me about, ahjusshi?” she smiled at him. Now that they were alone together, she wondered what he is thinking. But she didn’t have to think about it because as soon as she finished her question, he laughed and immediately walked beside her to take her right hand.

 

“Now that we’re alone together, Aya, let’s forget about the kinship okay? And besides, I don’t think your age is that far from mine. Just call me Sooman.”

 

“Errr. Is that alright? I mean, is that serious, ahjusshi?”

 

“Sooman...”

“I am sorry but I can’t call you that way, ahjusshi.” Then her eyes caught something. She took her hand and walked near that picture frame.

 

‘Soojin…’ Aya thought. Her expression immediately became hard. But as soon as she felt Lee Sooman’s presence beside her, she smiled and looked at him.

 

“Ahjusshi, who is she?”

 

“Ahhh… s-she’s my daughter.” Lee Sooman suddenly changed his mood while looking at the frame.

 

“She is pretty, ahjusshi! Where is she? Can I meet her someday?”

 

“Anio (no), Aya. She’s dead.”

 

“Dead? Oh I am sorry ahjusshi, I didn’t mean to…”

 

“It is okay, Aya.” then he looked at his wrist watch. “Eottoke (what are we going to do)? Our 15 minutes is out. Let’s just talked again next time.”

 

“Sure, Ahjusshi. Nice meeting you and I am going now. Thanks for your time.” Then she bowed and went out of the room.

 

As soon as the office door closed, Lee Sooman took the picture of Soojin.

 

“Soojin, my daughter, you can’t save every girl that I want. Just go to hell my child.”

---

 

Aya walked straight to the recording place of DBSK and she found there only her manager and her 4 group mates.

 

“Where are they?” she asked.

 

“They just went outside for a while.” Mr. Megura answered and walked near her. “What happened? Your 15 minutes is not yet out, huh? Tell me, did he do something to you? Don’t be afraid, Aya.”

 

“Managersshi, you’re OA!” Minari said.

 

“Minari is right, managersshi. What could Mr. Lee do to me in 15 minutes?” Aya agreed with her.

 

“Well, you can’t expect me to just ignore his special treatment with you. Plus, he looks like a maniac dressed formally.” Mr. Megura said.

 

“MANAGERSSHI!” the five girls shouted at him.

 

“Wae (why)? I am just saying what I think of him.”

 

“Oh yes, Managersshi. If others might here you, I am sure we will be doomed.” Jeenee said.

 

“I think the same too, managersshi. But let’s be sensitive with our issues about the people surrounds DBSK. We are in one group now, so at least we should respect also the people they are respecting.” Akari said.

 

“Okay, okay. But Aya, be careful of that man. There are really some people that we cannot trust.”

 

Aya just shrugged.