CHAPTER 2

This Is Love

After bringing her home and making sure she was ing safe I went straight to Yong Guk’s house.

“Hyung!” I closed the door after me and I found the guys in the living room.

“Dae Hyun.” Yong Guk got on his feet, worry filled his eyes “She looks just like the ones before.”

I sighed and looked away, “Stating the obvious?”

“She’s pretty and cute.” Him Chan added, smugly grinning.

I narrowed my eyes at him, “She’s mine, get your own.”

Him Chan stuck his tongue out.

“She’s also a dancer, hyung.” Jong Up dumped the iPad on my tummy.

“Oof~” the iPad knocked out some air from me.  

I looked at the info on the iPad, holy she’s a choreographer at the same studio where noona and hyung dance.

“So, you like this girl, huh?” Young Jae asked.

Everyone looked at me. I sighed, I can’t deny this. I nodded and started telling them of my childhood crush.

“Yeah I remember that story, hyung.” Zelo smiled, as if it was the cutest love story he ever heard.

“Yeah, you said she’s the reason why all the girls before looked alike.” Young Jae nodded.

“That girl’s name,” I inhaled, “is Park Min Young.”

Their jaws dropped.

“Holy .”

“And Park Min Young is…”

“The girl I was with earlier today for a date. She's my first ever childhood love.” I closed my eyes, doomed. I can’t let her go. Not now, I’ve been looking for her since before and now that I found her…

“What are you gonna do?” Jong Up asked.

“Yeah, you know that he knows how all the girls look like.” Him Chan added.

“Good job, ! Now that you’ve found the original, you’re gonna lose her too.” Young Jae face palmed.

“Aish, thanks for rubbing salt on my wound, an even dumber .” I got off the couch and made my way to kitchen.

Yong Guk and Him Chan barked in laughter.

I needed a drink.

 

I woke up the next day, feeling strange. Like I was lighter and bubbly for some weird reason.

“ it.” I shrugged the weirdness off and got out of bed.

I grabbed my phone and headed for the kitchen. I started humming a song while preparing breakfast. I made the typical bacon, omelet, waffles and orange juice.

Niga neomu komapjanha~

I was singing 4men’s Baby Baby… weird why am I suddenly singing? AND WHY AM I MAKING BREAKFAST?!?!? O.O WTF…

“The hell is this?”

I turned around to see hyung gawking at me as if I was a ghost or something.

“Your jaw’s about to give up on your face and fall,” I smirked and brought the food to the table, “I don’t think noona would still find you pretty after being jawless.”

He shut his jaw and arched a brow at me, “Ya, why are you suddenly… weird?”

Unknowingly, I smiled at him, shrugging, “Molla. Ka, let’s eat.”

His eyes widened, “YA WHY ARE YOU SMILING?!?!?” he took the seat opposite mine and watched my every move.

“Is it a crime now for people to smile?” I shoved a piece of bacon in my mouth, eyeing hyung, judging him.

“People, no. You,” He pointed his fork at me, “yes.”

“Whatever, I’m not going to jail.”

“I GOT IT!” He shot his fork up in the air and eyed me, “You’re feeling bubbly and giddy, right?”

Chewing my omelet and rice, I could only nod.

Then he had that stupid grin on his face and started wiggling his eyebrows, up and down, “This is the after effect of last night’s date.”

I choked on the omelet and reached for a glass of orange juice. Hyung roared with laughter of victory while clapping his hands.

“I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!”

I swallowed the food and cleared my throat, “SHUT UP THAT IS SO NOT TRUE!”

“YES IT IS!” He teased like a high school girl, “MY GAHD I KNEW YOUR FEELINGS FOR MY KID NEVER LEFT!”

I eyed him and fought the blush that was threatening to appear on my cheeks. HOLY SMOKES WHY AM I FIGHTING A BLUSH- WHY AM I EVEN BLUSHING?!?!?

“Dae, I’m pretty sure she’s feeling the exact same thing you’re feeling right now.”

“What?” I eyed him, all my outrage … gone at the mention of she.

Hyung’s stupid grin got bigger, “Dae you never stopped liking her, did you?”

I blinked before clearing my throat, “I am never cooking breakfast for you again.”

Then it was quiet… weird, I was expecting hyung to press on with his question. I looked at him and he was on his phone, texting with a grin - a grin that yelled diabolical. My heart started running.

“HYUNG WHO THE ARE YOU TEXTING?!?” I lunged at him, sending us both to the floor.

“YA JUNG DAE HYUN!” He kicked me away from him and resumed texting, completely ignoring my question.

“HYUUUUUNG WHO THE ARE YOU TEXTING?!?!?”

“I’M JUST TEXTING KAHI GOOD MORNING GADDAMNIT YOU PARANOID PIECE OF .”

“Oh.” I relaxed and laughed, a nervous unsure laugh. I helped hyung get back on his seat and went back to eating.

“And I told Min Young about your odd behavior this morning.”

“PFFFTTT!!!” All the food that was currently in my mouth flew across the table, going straight for hyung’s face.

“YA JUGULAE?!?!”

“YOU’RE THE ONE MAKING ME ACT LIKE THIS!”

 

 So I told hyung bout the boys and I renting the studio. I don’t know if he heard me though cause all he did was grin that diabolical grin again before leaving. Aish, hyung’s hopeless.

Before hyung left the boys crashed the place.

“Hyung’s gone~!” I announced after closing the door.

“Like that makes a difference.” Young Jae bluntly said.

“Yoo Young Jae.” Him Chan nagged, while pressing on the buttons of the PS3 controller, “be nice.”

"Yeah," Zelo snickered, "be nice, hyung."

I smiled, shaking my head. Isang, I feel happier around them for some weird reason... Wonder what Min Young's doing?

"DAE HYUN'S WEIRDLY SMILING TO HIMSELF!!!!"

I snapped back into reality and eyed Jong Up, "Ya, there should be a hyung in that sentence!"

"Ah Jung Dae Hyun," Yong Guk smiled, "I knew that you'll be strange today."

"Strange?"

"You know," Him Chan paused the game and put down the controller, "smiling randomly, waking up feeling bubbly, those kinda stuff."

"You call that strange?" I scoffed at him, shaking my head.

"It's called being in love." Young Jae answered, making everyone howl and laugh.

"Hyung's in looove!!!" Zelo chorused.

"I'm not in love." I blew a raspberry...

 

Or am I? Wonder what she's doing...

 

I remember the first time I saw her...

 

 

When I was kid, I had this terrible throat sickness that made it hard for me to speak. The doctor said I should prevent myself from talking loud, only whispers. He also gave me a mask to help me get used to the feeling.

 

So since I couldn't talk a lot, the other kids found me weird and didn't like to play with me. So I'd be at the playground, on the swings, alone.

 

It was then that I saw Min Young, the FIRST-EST ever time I saw her... She was wearing a yellow dress and had a big friendly smile on her face. What surprised me was that she was with my cousin, Yun Ho and his friend Kahi.

 

The three walked to the slide, which was by the swing. My little heart started to run fast and my hands started sweating.

 

Hyung and Noona waved and greeted me while she just gave me friendly smile.

I remembered my heart melting at that smile, it was so... pure.

 

Hyung and Noona never introduced her to me cause they knew how terrible I was at meeting new people. So every time they’d come to the park I’d make sure I was there before them, at the same spot and every time I do that, she gives me the exact same smile all the time.

There was one time though when Hyung and Noona left to go get snacks and drinks. She got off the slide and ran to the swings, where I was.

Every step she took closer to the swings, my hands got sweatier and sweatier and my little heart kept beating faster and faster.

“Hello.” She smiled at me, her eyes chinky cause her smile was wide spread.

Unknowingly, I pulled down my mask and smiled.

She took the swing in her tiny hands and hopped on, “So, you know oppa and unnie?”

 

I nodded and she started talking. This was the start of our new friendship. She’d talk and talk while I just sat there, listening and smiling. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now we know why all the girls looked like Min Young