CHAPTER 1

This Is Love

I close my eyes in frustration. She was crying again.

“MinMin-ah.” I sighed and approached her.

This is the tenth time she woke up crying… It’s been nearly two weeks since my…

What made the situation worse was the rain. Not just normal rain, but with thunder and lightning. Her cries got louder and louder, matching the intensity of every thunder clap. She would flinch at the sight of lightning and her sobs would get worse and worse.

She told me how rain was always a bad omen in her life. When she was born it was raining and her mother died. When they were celebrating her 12th birthday it was raining and they lost their house. At 16 her father died due to a car accident, the rain was too hard that he didn’t see the other car coming.

Aigoo... my Min Young-ah

I sat down beside her and continued to watch her. My heart aching at every tear that slipped down her face.

“Min Young-ah.” I whispered to her, hoping she’d hear me.

She looked up and her eyes met with mine, so beautiful.

I miss you.

Sighing, I wrapped my arms around her. She shuddered at first and then closed her eyes. I could feel her longing for me. It was so heartbreaking.

I pulled her closer to me, making her head rest on my shoulder. I smiled, she was responding. She could feel me.

Her body was starting to feel warm. She looked up and I looked down at her.

More tears trailed down her face as her mind imagines my face. I get to see myself in her eyes, she could really see me.

“Don’t cry.” I said, knowing that she’d hear my voice again.


It was always like this, every night when she’d cry. I would feel her looking for me and I’d find her.

My Park Min Young, you don’t know how much I miss you. My soul can’t rest in peace because both of us can’t let go of each other.

My eyes started watering as I remembered how I met her.

Oh, how I wish I never went on that date. How I wish I never went to hyung. How I wish I never noticed her in the playground. But then again, I’d never meet her… the most beautiful girl in the world, my one and only love Park Min Young.

 

 

 

“DAEHYUN-AH!”

“HYUNG!!”

“Hey guys.” I snickered at the buffoon’s squabbling about on my laptop screen. Yeah I was on Skype. Gukkie Hyung heard that I came back from Busan so yeah, he demanded we had this video session.

So we exchanged updates with some side jokes and puns. Hyung told me that I should come back to practice since I’ve been missing out on performances.

Oh yeah, the guys and I have this independent group called BAP. We perform at the music clubs in the red light district.

“We got practice this week, araseo?” Yong Guk hyung glared at me, telling me that I can’t ditch.

“I won’t ditch.” I raised my hands in surrender.

“Good.”

“Oh yeah, Dae find us a place.” Young Jae casually said as if it wasn’t a big deal.

“Aigoo why do I have to look for the place?!?” I whined like a kid.

“Cause we know you have Yun Ho hyung.” Jong Up gave me his goofy smile.

“Pabo.” Young Jae added.

“YA!”

 

So my chat with the boys finished and I decided to watch TV. In the middle of my tv watching I heard the door open and-

“JUNG DAE HYUN~!”
“Omo!!”

Hyung’s yell shook the house.

“Aish.” I rubbed my ; I fell off the couch in shock of his voice. I was watching a peaceful action movie when his roar-ing voice disturbed my peace.

“Ya, what are you doing on the floor?”

I looked up to see Yun Ho with a stupid grin on his face.

“Ya,” I got up on my feet and eyed him, “what’s with the stupid smile?”

Hyung’s smile got bigger and he snickered, “Got some clothes? You’re going on a date with me.”

My eyes widened and I put my arms in front of my face, “EW HYUNG I DON’T WANT TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU,” I took in some air, “I AM A MALE, I AM ATTRACTED TO THE FEMALES!!!

“Stop yelling,” He hit the back of my head with a pillow, “ever heard of double date, .”

“Oh.”

 

 

“Now I understand why you’re so happy.” I smiled as I fixed the collar of my shirt.

Hyung just finished telling me how he asked Kahi noona on a date… finally. Damn, those two took them like what, seven thousand years or something for them to confess to one another. The wonder of how they never got tired of each other… damn now that’s love. Love… something I’d never experience.

 

“YA!!”

I jumped at hyung’s roar. Aish, his roar literally shakes everything.

“BWO?!?” I glared at him from the mirror as I fixed my hair.

“Aish,” Hyung scratched the back of his head, “I knew you weren’t paying attention.”
“Wae?” I looked away from the mirror and looked for my phone, “Museun mallya?”

“I said we’re going on a double date, so you won’t feel like third party.”

“I heard you the first time.” I shrugged my shoulders. Another date… another girl…Aigoo I’ll never get to look at girls with longing anymore. After everything I’ve been through.

“Isang, you were never this comfortable with meeting girls before.”

I looked at hyung, he was fixing his hair… again. Aish, that’s like the enth time today.

“Who’s the girl?” I asked, not interested.

“You know her,” Hyung chuckled, “Park Min Young.”

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. Park Min Young…

“Omo, what are you all stiffen up for?” I heard him approaching me and soon he slapped my back, bringing me back to reality.

“Freak.” He snickered.

I shook my head, dazed. Park Min Young, hyung and noona’s common friend? The girl who completes their inseparable trio? My heart started beating faster.

“Park Min Young,” I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear, “You mean…” I gulped.

“Yes, the girl you’ve had this secret crush on since birth.” Hyung frankly stated, as if it was a given fact and the whole world knew.

“I don’t have a secret crush on her since birth.” I denied with all the pride and ego I had in my body.

“Bull,” Hyung laughed, “everyone knows how she affected you when you first met.”

Ah , my hands are shaking. What’s this feeling that’s building up inside me? Why am I feeling nervous?!? GET A GRIP MAN… you’re just gonna go on a double date with your hyung’s childhood friend… a childhood friend who you liked

I cleared my throat and squared my shoulders, “Childish crush hyung, puppy love.” I smirked, proud with my answer, “You know me.”

“Yeah,” He came up behind me and stared at the mirror, “you’re a Jung,” he slung an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to his buff of a body, “everyone likes a Jung.”

I smirked, that is so damn true.

 

So we entered this five star resto. Damn, hyung’s been saving up for this day… aish that er, he’s gonna blow Kahi noona away. Carpeted floor, chandeliers, shiny silver utensils these are the factors for a resto that says CLASS, GLAM AND MONEY!

We sat down and my eyes just glittered at the shining stuff on the table.

“Damn.”

Hyung chuckled, “I want the first date to be memorable.”

“Yeah you’ll definitely get the girl.” I snickered.

I reached for a fork and picked it up. Isang, why is my hand shaking? what the is this?!? I dropped the fork, earning a tiny “ting” sound as it landed on the spoon.

“What’s wrong with you?” Hyung eyed me.

“Nothing.” I smirked to hide the fear inside me.

 

I gawked at my hand, it won’t stop shaking. It was like going on a mini seizure… then damn what’s this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach? It’s so fluttery and…BUTTERFLIES IN MY STOMACH?!?! Oh hell no… I can’t be nervous because of this date. NO WAY.

 

“.”

“Ya, calm down.”

I stared at hyung with wide eyes, “Why am I feeling so-“

“Anxious, nervous, shaky,” Hyung casually stated the obvious, “should I add more adjectives?”

I rolled my eyes at him, “Glad to be your source of entertainment for the time being.”

“Just chillax, pabo.” He gave me a good ol’ smack at the back of my neck.

“OW!” I glared at him, “Gee thanks, I feel way better now.”

“She doesn’t remember you.”

I stared at him with questioning eyes, “How’d-“

“Because I know her that well,” Hyung smirked, “remember she couldn’t get enough of you before. If my memory doesn’t fail me, I’m pretty sure she liked you too.”

I looked away at the past tense of the word, liked. How I wish…NO DAE HYUN NO.

“If she still liked you until now, she would’ve been looking for you.”

Why am I feeling upset? AISH

“You’re right,” I put a smug smile on my face, “so now only I hold that memory.”

“Most likely.”

 

 

 

“They’re here.” Hyung got on his feet.

I followed his gaze. There’s Kahi noona and right behind her was…

GASP

Min Young.

She met eyes with me and suddenly all the confidence I gained a few minutes ago vanished. I felt like I was about to fall…

“Min Min-ah, this is my cousin Jung Dae Hyun.” Hyung introduced me.

I got on my feet and bowed, “Annyeonghaseyo.”

She gave me a small, yet comfortable, smile, “Ne, Annyeonghaseyo.”

 

Dinner came and we started eating but ing hell I am shocked. FREAKING SHOCKED. Not at the fact that Min Young looks so pretty and elegant…hihi can’t believe I said that…but the fact that I was so open to her!  Her presence is so relaxing…

 

We had smiles on our faces, we giggled here and there. BUT HOLY SHEESH I wouldn’t stop with the questions! Like freak, I would ask her the first question that would pop into my mind just so I could know more about her…

 

“What’s with the 101 questions?” She snickered, “I feel like I’m being interrogated.”

Her wit caught me off guard and I absent-mindedly smiled at her, “Mian, am I making you feel uncomfortable?”

“No, no, I feel way better now.”

Her sarcasm! My god it’s the best! She sent us laughing again.

“You’re very different, you know.” From the Min Young I remembered before…

She calmed down from her high and looked me in the eye. There was this faint glow building up in her eyes and before I knew it we were smiling at each other with those stupid feelings igniting something else in our hearts…

 

After dinner, hyung suggested we watched a movie, despite the fact that everyone watched all the movies that were showing already. So we ended up buying tickets for Batman the Dark Knight Rises… not bad of a movie. I mean, damn I miss Heath Ledger, but this one was great.


So since hyung and noona were all lovey dovey. I was seriously stuck with Min Young, not that it was a bad idea… I just feel so new around her and strangely I’m so damn drawn to her.

I found her staring at the popcorn like a kid, there might be even drool somewhere there. HAHA.

“You want anything?” I smiled at her current state… too adorable.

“Popcorn.”

I chuckled at her reply, it was like she was compelled or something.

“White Cheddar?” I asked, wondering if she likes the same flavor as mine.

At the mention of the flavor she faced me with her eyes wide as possible, “How’d you know?”

DAMN WE LIKE THE SAME FLAVOR…kay man just because you two like one of the many things in the world doesn’t mean that you guys are fated or something…

But a guy can’t help but think that right?

“Lucky guess.” I found myself smiling at the coincidence.

Then she didn’t blink, she just stared at me like that. Freak… am I creeping her out or something?

“Hello?” I waved my hands in front of her eyes, “Ya, ya? Min Young-ah?”

When she finally blinked she looked away, “Don’t smile it’s distracting.”

OH AM I GETTING TO HER ALREADY…this is fun… >:)

I snickered, “Ya, you’re falling for me, huh?”

She faced me with a disgusted face, “Bwo?!? You’re so full of yourself.”

Yeahp I got her. Damn, didn’t know I still had this kind of effect on girls…

I laughed with pure sarcasm, “Oh come on Min Young-ah, enough with denying.”

“Wae?!?”

The next thing I did was out of impulse. I pulled her to me and placed my mouth by her ear, “Cause I can’t stop denying the fact that hyung got me a pretty hot date tonight.”

Oh yeah, I so got the Jung game going on.

I left to buy the popcorn. She blushed before hiding her face.

As much as I know how full of myself I am… everything I told her at that moment was true.

 

I sat on her left since noona was on her right. She was so engrossed with the movie that she started leaning towards me.

I smirked, it must be getting cold.

“Holy .” She cursed, surprised at the revelation of the enemy.

“You cold?” I asked.

“Yup.” She answered immediately.

She must really like this movie, she’s answering my questions without thinking twice.

Like the gentleman I am, I took my jacket off and placed it around Min Young’s shoulder. She was so focused on the movie that she leaned forward for a better access to her shoulders. My jacket was now hugging her figure.

I smirked, content. Oh yeah, this be plus points on them ladies! Finally, I looked back at the screen. It was then that I felt her staring at me. I laughed and faced her. Flustered that I returned her stare, she looked back at the screen.

I knowingly smirked, “Like what you saw?” I leaned closer to her, knowing she’d face me again.

She furrowed her eyebrows, I bet she’s preparing a pun and she faced me. Her eyes widened at the touch of our noses.

Her eyes locked with mine and I felt . It was like she could see pass the facade I was putting up. Then I remembered how I first saw her in the playground years ago. Her eyes looked exactly like this when I first approached her.

 

I smiled, “Had I known you looked even prettier like this I would’ve brought you closer to me earlier.”

My heart skipped a beat at the smile on her face and the slight blush on her cheeks. She bit her lip and looked away.

Good job Dae Hyun, you are so getting this girl.

Then something caught my eye, there was a man in a coat and hat sitting at the other end of isle. He gave me a knowing look before getting up to leave. My eyes widened and my heart started beating fast.

Andwae, he can’t be here. Not now…

Immediately I looked at Min Young and worry gushed over my heart.

, , … Did he see her?

 

Immediately, I texted Yong Guk hyung about the situation, he quickly replied saying he and the boys will be around the area.

Just when I thought things were going great…

 

So the movie finished and everyone piled out of the theater. Since I knew he was here I made sure I was right beside Min Young. Damn, I wanted to hold her hand to make sure she wouldn’t slip out of my sight.

My senses were on high and I felt really paranoid. My shoulder and hand kept brushing against in Min Young’s.

JUST HOLD HER HAND MAN.

I looked down at her, she was hugging my jacket with a smile on her face. I smiled.

“Wanna go home?”

She looked up at me and her smile faded. Her eyes searched my eyes and slowly she started smiling again.

“Kaja.” She looked away her cheeks blushing.

I blinked at her. Exactly what did she see in my eyes that made her blush?

I smirked and pulled her into a walk, intertwining her fingers with mine.

FINALLY YOU HELD HER HAND… took ya long enough. Hihi her hands, so small… I feel like it fits perfectly in mine GET A GRIP MAN JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD A FEW SUCCESSFUL MOVES DOESN’T MEAN SHE’S YOURS

I never knew I’d get to be around my childhood crush like this. I mean with the things I’ve done before… I thought I’d get used to how the girls would blush around me but with her it’s… different. I’m actually starting to like the way I’m affecting her.

Next thing I knew I was chasing after her all because I told her my hand was softer than hers…

IT WAS TRUE -_- sheesh women can’t handle the truth.

, she’s too far ahead from me.

Adrenaline kicked in and I started chasing after her as if her life depended on it. , he can’t get her, not yet. I only got to know her…

“MIN YOUNG-AH!”
 She ran into someone and landed on her .

I held in my breath at the man that was towering over her. I relaxed when I recognized that it was Yong Guk hyung. He helped her up.  He said some words to her and gave me a knowing look. He turned to walk away and I threw my arms around Min Young, tickling her sides.

“Hajima, Dae Hyun-ah.” She giggled and struggled to get away from me.

“That’s what you get for running away from me.” I whispered to hide the seriousness of my tone, “Be glad that hyung was in a good mood.”

“Ara, ara! I won’t ever run away from you again.”

I let her go only to pull her back into my arms again, “ I’m serious, Min Young-ah. You run away from me again and I’ll make sure you fall so that you’ll make me want to carry you home.”

 

From this moment on Park Min Young, you’ve got my attention again and I’m blessed as hell that you’re reciprocating my feelings. Of all the girls I met and the things I’ve done to them… I can’t believe you’re the only one who’s made me feel like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

hihihihih Chapter 1 is up woot woot~! See ya'll tomorrow for chapter 2