Chapter Two

90'liners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 CHAPTER TWO

 

The class already started, but YoonA was still lazy to put her head up of the desk. It was Monday and she hated it. And her laziness had upgraded to the next level because the first class was history and she didn’t like it (It was a little bit boring subject to her and Mr. Sam as a teacher didn’t help at all). So, she can’t help but put her head close to her desk and hiding behind the book; and today she was lucky enough to not get caught because Mr. Sam was too immersed in his teaching. She looked around the class and saw many of her friends who didn’t pay attention like she did; Yuri was busy doodling her notes that she was one hundred percent sure it was all about boys and parties, Junho and his prince of tennis comic, Bommie who was focused on dolling herself up, the four guys on the back who took an early nap, and the fact that she was not the only one who did this ‘bad’ thing made her relieved.

Turning her head to her left side and lowering her gaze, she saw some students playing soccer on the field. And between them, she could see Kris running back and forth awkwardly and also Lu Han, who actively dribbling the ball to the opponent’s side. She chortled when she saw Kris falling on his for the second time (she didn’t know whether the field that was slippery or his clumsiness that made him fall – but, most likely the second option). Realizing that she had created a bit noisy, she hurriedly closed with both of her hands and turned away. And she saw Yuri staring at her quizzically, wondering why she laughed. She just grinned and pointed to the windowpane. Yuri raised her eyebrow and peeked at the direction she pointed at, but her eyes could see nothing.

Yuri did not get what YoonA was trying to tell her about, so she poked YoonA’s hand and mouthed, “What?”

“Kris was falling on his twice and he looked so funny.” She whispered back.

Yuri just left out a simple ‘Oh’ and went back to scribble her notes. YoonA was about to back to her own business as well, but then she heard a ‘psst psst’ sound from her right side and just right behind Yuri’s. It was Bommie’s voice. She turned her head and said in a whisper, “What?”

“Do you will come to Jessi’s birthday party this Saturday?”

“Of course. She is one of my best friend’s girlfriend. Is there any reason not to come?”

Bommie made a face. “I thought you didn’t like her.” She said. Yuri reflexively glanced at YoonA and they exchanged a meaningful eye contact for a few seconds.

“What? No, no no no. I like her, of course. Why do you think I don’t like her?” YoonA stuttered a bit when she said that.

“It’s right, Bommie. YoonA likes her, of course.” Yuri butted in. “- A lot.” She added, with a slight sarcasm in the last words. YoonA sent out a killer glare at her for her remarks. Luckily, Boomie didn’t notice that.

“Oh, I thought. I am sorry Yoong. I was just wondering.”

“It’s okay.” She smiled. “Do you will come to ..”

 

“So, what is the summary of today’s lesson, Ms. Im?” Mr. Sam called her name just right in time.

‘Oh, good. Nice timing.’ She said to herself. She raised her head and put down her book. “Pardon me, Mr. Sam. What .. what are ..”

“Please make a short summary of today’s lesson.” He cut her off.  She bit her lips while glancing at Yuri and Bommie, trying to ask for help. But unfortunately, they betrayed her by bowing down their head and pretending to read their own book, looking serious and all. She sighed in annoyance and looked back at Mr. Sam.

“Hmm ..” She paused for a moment. “I think today’s lesson is we have to know who are our friends and who are our enemies. The worst kinds of enemies are those who pretend to be our friends.” She said at last. She didn’t know what she had to say, so –yeah. At least, she got the chance to deliver the hidden message for the betrayers, Yuri and Bommie.

 

“Excuse me? Are you in the wrong class Ms. Im?” All of her friends were laughing at her. She just grinned and scratched the back of her head absent-mindedly. At a time like this, she wished she was part of the power rangers who were capable of teleportation.

 

Holding a tray full of his orders – and his best friend’s orders –, Xiumin made his way to where the other guys were sitting. Successfully avoiding one last obstacle which was Shindong sunbaenim who was standing in the middle of his way, he finally arrived at the spot. He let out a sigh of relief as he placed the tray on their table. His attendance was welcomed nicely by his best friends who seemed like really hungry and couldn’t wait any longer to jump into the foods right away.

“Waaaa … “ They screamed at the same time, with the exception of him, of course.

“You really are too much.  I am one of the oldest here, but I am the one who did the errands. It was supposed to be your job, Wu Yifan.” He shot a gaze to Kris who already began his eating ceremony.

“We decided that fairly. We did rock-paper-stone, remember?” He said with his mouth full of food.

He snorted. “All of you gang up on me.”

“No, we didn’t. You were just in your bad luck, buddy.” Lu Han patted his back several times.

“Bad luck my .” He groaned, feeling slightly annoyed.

Jong Hyun just smiled happily, kept munching his food. “By the way, do you guys have any idea of what we should give to Jessi as her birthday present? Kris?”

“What? Sorry, what was it about again?” He asked him back. He didn’t pay attention to what they were talking about as he was too focused on looking at his girlfriend who was sitting four tables from them.

“Kris, did you put a spell on her or something? The way you look at her was so scary.”

“It was a stare filled with love, Han.” Xiumin said in a very cheesy-tone, teasing Kris.

“Oh yes, you are right. I think the story goes like this. Kris is currently dating Jessi, but she is cheating on him.” Jonghyun suddenly spit his drink upon hearing Lu Han’s words, making Lu Han stop his babbling for a moment.

“Oh, Gosh.” Xiumin wiped the splash of Jonghyun’s drink off his face and arms.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry Xiumin. I will buy you a new one.”

“A new face and new arms?” He asked sarcastically. Jonghyun just smiled sheepishly at him and said, “New food.”

“Okay, whatever." And Lu Han continued his unfinished talks. "So, he is still in love with her, still looking at her with eyes full of love. But there is also hatred in his eyes. So, that’s why he looked at her like that. He was thinking of how to get rid of her and her affair. He wants revenge. A love to kill.” He finished it by spreading out his right arm and unfortunately it landed on Xiumin’s face – again.

“What now?” Xiumin said through the clenched teeth as he stood up from his seat

“Oops, sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Lu Han put Xiumin's body back down.

“What a nice story you got there, Lu Han.” Kris clapped his hands. “I approved it.” He gave Lu Han the gangsta handshake. Lu Han smiled proudly.

“So, back to the topic. What should we give her? A live performance? I can sing and you guys can play the instruments. And YoonA ..” Jonghyun paused for a moment, thinking. “Just left her out. She is terrible at singing.”

“You are so mean, Jjong. She can sing, She has a soothing voice. Both of you can sing in duet” Lu Han took on YoonA's side.

“Oh, yeah? She’s just good at singing children’s songs. She will always get a score higher than ninety for it, but aside from it, her score will always be lower than sixty. So, a duet with her is a big no no.”

“But, she can dance.” Xiumin exclaimed.

“Jessi loves ballad songs a lot." Kris said as a matter-of-factly. "So, when we perform a heartfelt performance, accompanied by Jonghyun’s beautiful voices that will make the girls tear up, then there’s YoonA, dancing the crab-leg-dance on the side. Is that what you mean by stating ‘she can dance’?” The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter