Chapter One

90'liners
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

 

 

/Prologue/

High school is absolutely one of the best memories they have ever received in their lifetime. Finding out and experiencing new things, hanging out in many places, playing games and sports until morning, skipping school, and many other things that they couldn’t ever forget. For them, being a teenager is the perfect time for those fun, crazy things that they would probably never do as an adult. And they are grateful for those unforgettable moments they went through together.

They never thought they would become so close with each other, remembering how awkward they were when they met each other for the first time. And their first encounter surely left a deep impression for each of them, like how Jong Hyun thought Kris was a cool, handsome boy that could be one of his competitors in winning the girl’s heart, but turned out he was a Heo dang from unknown galaxy that always said xx is not my style. And there was a pretty-handsome little prince Lu Han that looked like he came out from a manga, but in fact he was the king of derp who always desired to be called manly. And lastly, walking-Baozi Xiumin who looked like a nerdy student and in reality –still a nerd.

They did many things together.  They believed that as long as they were together, they would be happy. They had this set of list consisted the things they should do before they graduated and went on their separate ways. They had promised each other to complete it no matter what.

 

Take a road trip

 

Record of their favorite song and post it on YouTube

 

Go skinny dipping

.

.

.

.

.

Fall in love- and get heart broken.

 

/Im YoonA/

Meet Im YoonA, their only female best friend. For four of them, YoonA was like their girlfriend. She was always there when they needed her; like when Jong Hyun or Kris asked her to become their one day girlfriend just to make the girls who chased after them back off (especially for the unattractive one), or when Lu Han requested her to put an anonymous letter on SoHee’s desk, because he was too coward to tell her crush that he liked her, or when Xiumin needed her help to ask for his Mom’s permission when they wanted to hang out together because his mom was an uptight mother who accentuated education over anything (for his mom, hanging out in mall instead of studying was absolutely waste of time). She always took care of them, from the general thing like homework to the personal matter like their love life, she would be the first person who they were looking for (Although sometimes she could become very scary, especially when she was on her period and was nagging at them; it was a combo slash double attack).

Like today recess time, she sat at the edge of their table and crossed her arms, chin head up and she was pouting. Just by looking at that, they already knew that she must be not in a good mood. And it only meant one thing: Warning! Be alert for danger. They exchanged glances for five seconds, nudging each other arms, trying to avoid the task of becoming the first person to talk to her because that one person usually would become the worst victim of Im YoonA’s wreath. No one wanted to become the object of her torture, so Kris suggested to play rock, paper stone in order to decide it fairly. And the result? Jong Hyun was the lucky guy to take the honor.

“Wow, our YoonA is so beautiful today. You are like a Goddess who comes down from heaven. What is your secret to become so pretty like this?” Jong Hyun started by throwing out his killer flattery that he always used for wooing the girls he liked, to her. Jong Hyun was really confident he would definitely succeed in the first try, but the other guys thought otherwise. Realizing he earned a deadly-glare from the other guys as a result, he just grinned foolishly.

YoonA side-eyed him before finally gave a one good punch right on his chest and a slap on his shoulders. Kris and Lu Han giggled happily at his suffering, meanwhile Xiumin just gave him I-know-you-will-get-that-look.

“Do you think I am pretty today? Can’t you see it? Today, my hair is exactly like Hagrid’s hair and my face is bloated and tangled like this paper. Do you call this ‘pretty’?” She said as she squeezed the unused paper in front of them.

“And it’s all because of you, you, you, and you.” She pointed them out right on their face one by one. “Do you know why? It’s because of your damn paper.”

“You three!” She pointed at Kris, Lu Han, and Xiumin. “You said that I only have to spruce the format out, but in fact you haven’t made the conclusion of your paper and you just had told me last night, only a few hours from the deadline, to finish it. You did that on purpose, didn’t you?” She asked them. Kris, Lu Han, and Xiumin shook their head furiously.

“And you, Kim Jong Hyun!” She averted her gaze to miserable Jong Hyun who still rubbing his sore shoulders. “You are the worst. You copied my paper, didn’t you? And because of you, I have to change my paper in the last minute. You..” She finally burst into tears.

Seeing Im YoonA crying, they hurriedly stood up from their seat. Jong Hyun was the first one to comfort her by wrapping his arm around her shoulder, but sadly she pushed him away. Lu Han, who remained firmly at her right side, attempted the same way as Jong Hyun to calm her down. The only difference was, he succeed without any push from her. And YoonA ended up crying on Lu Han’s shoulder, with him kept patting her head. Jong Hyun, who left out by Kris and Xiumin that rushed out to the cafeteria to buy her favorite food, only could roll his eyes when he looked at the sight.

 

“Feeling better?” Xiumin asked her as he watched YoonA (who finally stopped crying after she had seen the food) eat voraciously.

“Hmm.” She smiled.

“Food will forever make Alligator Yoong happy. No doubt.” Jong Hyun said, half serious half joking.

“No lies detected.” Lu Han added.

YoonA pretended to hit Jong Hyun again. And he hastily hid behind the tall Kris. The other guys could only smile as they watched both of them. YoonA and Jong Hyun would always be Tom and Jerry human version.

“Why do you always want to kill me? You do nothing to Lu Han, who basically said the same thing as me. You are so unfair.”

“You are her favorite, Jjong. Isn’t it an obvious reason?”

“Oh, shut up, Kris. We all know that Lu Han is her favorite. She chose to snuggle into Lu Han’s chest instead of mine when she cried a moment ago. Then, she almost hit me again when I stated the truth in front of her face just now. And to Lu Han? She did nothing. It clearly shows that Lu Han is her favorite.”

“It means you are the closest to her. You fought a lot because you love each other so much. Right, right?” Xiumin teased the duo. Jong Hyun just rolled his eyes, meanwhile YoonA pretended to puke.

Lu Han, who from the beginning of their conversation busily stuffed the food that Kris and Xiumin bought for YoonA, into his mouth, made the conclusion, “We are all close to her.”

“The way you talk is like I am invisible to all of you. And what’s up with the favoritism? Am I that precious to all of you?” She expressed joy.

“Hahahhaaha. In your dream, Yoong. Yubi, Yura, Ara, and my other girls are much more precious than you.”

“Jessi is the special one for me.”

“SoHee for me.”

“I only have you, Yoong.” Xiumin said lastly.

“Xiumin Oppa, you are the one and only for me too.” Yoona hugged him. And then she stuck her tongue out at Kris, Lu Han, and Jong Hyun, who seemed not affected at all by her childish attitude.

“- Love over friendship. If I had known that the three of you are like this from the start, I would have screwed your paper up, so you could get a big fat D from Ms. Irene.”

Lu Han ruffled her hair playfully as he stated, “I know you won’t do that to us, Yoong. You love us too much. By the way, thank you for that paper.” He smiled warmly at her.

“Han, don’t be like that to her. She will mistake your kindness and affection as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter