6

By My Side

Saturday   03.05.2014   12:33noon


 

 -Starbucks-

 

"Seungri, do you really have to go?" Jiyong hesitantly asked as he passed a cup of latte to Seungri that he just brought to their table.

"Yeah." Seungri answered back then took a sip of his drink.

"But why?" Jiyong asked again, dragging the 'why'.

"Because I have to, hyung..."

 

They sat there talking to each other when suddenly Seungri start to massage his head with his eyes shut tightly.

 

"A-Are you okay?" Jiyong asked and helped Seungri by massaging the back of his head.

"Hyung... Do me one f-favour." Seungri said as tears start rolling down his already pale cheeks.

"What is it? Just tell me." Jiyong said, holding Seungri's shoulders so that he was facing him.

"T-Take me to the hospital and c-call my... my mother. Hyung... Please." The younger's voice was already a whisper.

 

Before Jiyong could say anything else, Seungri's head had limply landed onto Jiyong's lap. Jiyong was in a panic since he had never been in this situation. As told by Seungri, he carried Seungri -bridal style- to his car and frantically looked for his keys. After struggling with the door he managed to open it and put Seungri onto the passenger's seat. He carefully put on the seatbelt then went to the driver's seat. 


1:05pm


 

-The hospital-

 

Jiyong waited outside while waiting for any news about Seungri. He then remembered he was supposed to call Seungri's mother. He was lucky that Seungri's phone was with him and he knew the password to it. He hesitantly dialed the latter's mother and suprisingly the call was answered so quick that Jiyong didn't even have the time to think of words.

 

"Hello? Seunghyun, dear? What's wrong?"

"Uh.. H-Hello... This is not Seungri-hyun, Seunghyun but his friend, Jiyong."

"Ah... I've heard a lot about you from Seunghyun. But why is it you who's calling?"

"Seung-Seunghyun is in the hospital."

"What?! Right now?!"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Oh no... I'll-I-ll be there... Did he tell you which hospital that you're supposed to go?"

"Yes."

"Okay... Good. That's easier then."

 

And the call was ended.


2:40pm


 

 

A doctor and a few of his assistants came out from the emergency room looking gloomy.

 

"Are you a family of Lee Seunghyun?" The doctor asked as he approached Seungri's mother and Jiyong.

"Y-Yes. How's my baby? Is he alright? Please tell me he is fine" Seungri's mother burst into tears when the doctor shook his head.

"I'm terribly sorry but there is nothing we can do anymore."

 

The doctor's final words made Jiyong ran after Seungri's body which was to be sent to the morgue for the meantime. Trembling, he slowly pulled the white sheet off Seungri's face and fixed the boy's messy hair.

 

"You idiot! You could've told me!" Jiyong was next to cry his heart out as he held Seungri's hand which fit perfectly into his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You idiot, I'll always be by your side."