Forever Beside You

Forever Beside You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It was dark. 


It was cramped.

 

And Tiffany had to bend her arms and knees into a tight flex to fit in. The constrained lying position made Tiffany's body a little more stiffed, a little more rigid, than she can normally endure. But she ignored it. She willfully snubbed the twisted position she chose to be in.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun.

 
She inched closer and closer to the only one that can make her heart beat faster—stealthily as if she didn’t want to wake the slumbering goddess beside her.
 
 
 
 
 
Her head hung low, her shoulders slumped; her damp fingers fiddling the hems of her skirt. It was another day in school. And as always, she was alone. No one wanted to be with her. An outcast, that’s what she was. That’s what she is.

 

Tiffany Hwang was someone who was never wanted. So she contented herself in solitude, sitting at the far corner of the room, her eyes boring holes on her desk—too fearful to face the indifferent world she was laid into.


“Hi.” A girl with auburn locks swayed her attention from the unmoving plank of wood which was her desk; a smile shown on the small face of the inviting stranger. “My name is Taeyeon Kim. Can I sit beside you?” Without waiting for a response, she had already pulled out the seat next to her, sitting herself beside the timid girl comfortably.


It was then that Tiffany felt the first galloping motion of the muscle stored inside her chest. To the girl that everyone had shunned away, that spark of warmth—a stranger’s kindness—would forever linger in her mind.
 

 

 

 

Her heart skipped a beat. But she was fine with it. In fact, it made her feel better, better than she had ever felt for the past week. The nightmares she had were screeching—howling in her once calm mind. The fright was gnawing every fiber of her being, digging deeper into her bones, thrashing through her soul. By then, it was only natural for her to yearn for relief, to plead for redemption; yet nothing could save her from the ghastly nightmares that haunted her.


No one. No one can bring her solace. No one. Except her. Except Taeyeon. Only Taeyeon. For she was, is, and always will be her savior.

 

 

 

“Hey!” Someone shouted.


 
The bullies scrammed away at the sight of the petite but courageous girl who was running towards them. Taeyeon maybe small but she’s not one to be trifled with. She could easily smash their pathetic faces if she willed it.

 
“Are you okay?” Taeyeon quickly attended to the shaking girl left lying on the floor. She wrapped her with her lithe arms—hugging her, comforting her.


Tiffany lifted her head, her eyes landing on her savior. It’s her. It’s Taeyeon. She’s here. And Tiffany is now safe. As if on cue, the seething torrent she had painstakingly kept to herself came rushing out, wetting Taeyeon’s chest.
 

“Shhh. I’m here. I’m here now. No one would hurt you. Shhh. As long as I’m beside you, I won’t let anyone harm you. I promise.” It was an oath—her oath. And Tiffany felt stronger.

 
From that day onwards, Taeyeon became the wall she leaned on. She was her lifeline, her strength—her guardian angel on earth.

 

 

 

Scoot. Scoot. Scoot.


It was a bed made for one. But Tiffany was more than happy to share the small space with Taeyeon. After all, anywhere with Taeyeon is more than bliss.


The soft cushion dipped as she wrapped her arm tighter around her sleeping princess; her head nesting at the crook of her beloved’s neck. She breathed in, taking in the comfort only her princess can provide. The scent of vanilla filled her senses. It was intoxicating. Surely, it was Taeyeon’s favorite perfume. The one she always uses—the one Tiffany gave her on her 18th birthday, along with her sweet affirmation. Her sweet “yes”.
 
 

 


Her cherry lips were tantalizing. And Tiffany couldn’t contain herself any longer. Her hands pushed Taeyeon to the walls—pinning her like a butterfly on her own cobwebs of lust. Their lips interlocked. Their bodies filled with heat. The fireworks exploded. And time stopped.

Please log in to read the full chapter