The Best Day

Full Circle

 

Of all things that Jaehwan expected when he came to his girlfriend's house, a fierce hug that almost tackled him to the ground was not one of them. Kim Haneul was a normally reserved woman. She had hidden aegyo and Jaehwan took immense pride in being the one who got to see that side of her. But here she was hugging him and he could feel her smile into his chest and he had no idea what he had done to deserve all this love. Granted he had turned up announced to surprise her but this reaction was too much.

"Are you so happy to see me? Should I surprise you more often like this?" he asked her playfully. "I am actually very happy to see you" Haneul declared when she pulled away. "I had the best day  ever and now you are here so it is complete" she said with a bright smile and Jaehwan could feel his heart melt at the magnitude of her happiness. "Yeah? Tell me all about it" he said, taking his coat and shoes off.

"Let me get you some water" Haneul said. Jaehwan chuckled as he practically watched her bounce away. He kicked his shoes off, stuffing his socks in them. When he came into the living room a haphazardly opened box caught his eye. He exclaimed when he saw that it was the new VIXX lightstick. He had no idea those were being sent out already.

"When did you buy this?" he asked her when she came back with a bottle of water. "I buy everything. I am your number one fan oppa" she said doing a V pose. "I get a hug and you call me oppa all on the same day. Are you feeling okay? Was your day really that good?" he asked her. She nodded.

"I got out of office early today because I finished my work by midday. My manager praised me for it as well" she said proudly. Jaehwan smiled back at her. She continued after they sat down on the living room couch. "So I went for a movie. And I ate only vanilla ice cream for lunch. And I went shopping too! And I bought the lightstick from the merchandise store in Hongdae. And I also bought a new sweater today! It is the cutest!" she exclaimed happily.

"Let me show it to you" she exclaimed, jumping up again. "Why are you so cute today?" Jaehwan thought out loud, laughing to himself. Haneul went into her bedroom and came out wearing a cream coloured sweater that had golden stars in the design. "It looks cute" he said as she turned around to let him see it from all angles. "Oh oh oh" she said, picking up the light stick and turning it on. "I am wearing stars and I am a starlight. See?" she asked him.

Jaehwan burst out laughing. "That's just lame" he told her. "I realised it as soon as I said it" she said, hiding her face in embarrassment. "Lame but also cute" he said, pulling her hand and letting her sit on his lap. She groaned as he hugged her, kissing her forehead. 

"Is that why you were so hyper? Because of the sugar from the ice cream?" he asked her. Haneul nodded. "But now I am just embarrassed" she confessed, her cheeks turning pink. "Don't be. It was very cute. We should have taken a picture" he told her. "We can still take a selfie. And I will caption it as me and my number one Starlight wearing stars" he teased. "Oppaaaa" Haneul whined before curling up and burying her face in her knees.

Jaehwan laughed and kissed Haneul on her shoulder. When she looked up he kissed her on her cheek. Haneul frowned and then kissed him on his cheek loudly. Jaehwan kissed her as well making a louder 'muah' sound in retaliation. Haneul peppered his face with butterfly kisses and the two of them ended up laughing. 

"Stay. I want to kiss you more" he said when she got off his lap. "I should probably make dinner" Haneul said ruefully. "Later. Or we will get pizza. But come back" he pouted at her. "Pizza! okay!" Haneul agreed enthusiastically before sitting next to him on the couch. She folded her legs up and leaned forward to kiss him properly on his lips.

Kissing Jaehwan was always an intense experience. His lips were smooth. They were plump and full, compared to Haneul's thin lips. And he would find a way to keep his hands on her as they kissed. It would be holding her by her waist or supporting her face as they kissed. She liked the feeling of his warm hands and how they drummed on her skin when they were fooling around by kissing playfully. And this time was no different. 

Jaehwan kept his hands on her neck, holding her in place as she leaned in while kissing him. He gently massaged her skin as she deepened the kiss. He her lower lip and she smiled into the kiss, a pleasant tingling passing through her spine. On cue, Jaehwan put his hand on her lower back, making goosebumps everywhere on her skin. She moved away to get some air and he gently pushed her back to lay her on the couch. He adjusted himself to be on top of her, his legs folded because the couch was short.

"I think you look really cute in the sweater" he said kissing her on her nose. "I know. I knew it was the one as soon as I saw it in the shop" she said confidently. Jaehwan started to laugh and had to get off because he would have fallen off the couch given how much he was shaking. Haneul scowled because it hadn't been that funny surely. 

"Come on you" Jaehwan said, still laughing. He picked her up bridal style and led her to the bedroom where they could.make out in peace. Haneul grinned when she realized his intentions.

It had been a good day.

 

 

 


 

Because I went shopping today and I bought sweaters.