[Drabble] Of Unnaturally Attractive Bosses

Full Circle

This had been done at gunpoint I swear.

Based on a real life experience because I am an idiot. Contains major cringing at the end. You have been warned :p


 

 

 

Haneul grabbed a cappuccino from the coffee machine in the pantry before heading to the meeting room. 5A was the largest room in the new building and had been allotted for the technology training. It had been three weeks in and they were expecting a new trainer to come in today. Their former trainer Kim Jonghyun had been rotated out to the branch in Seoul and the word on the street was that the replacement was extremely hot.

Haneul shook her head. She knew that her female colleagues had stalked their new trainer on SNS already. She had been too busy to and was now left to finding out about him in person when the training batch met him. She couldn’t help but wonder if he was actually as hot as they claimed. What was his name again?

"Good morning" Haneul greeted Minjung, balancing her files and coffee as she entered the room. "Morning" Minjung greeted her amd went back to talking to another man. Haneul looked over as she was placing her files on her assigned desk. Was that the new trainer?

Holy god, he was hot.

Haneul took a moment to stare. He was lean and tall, his body accentuated with a well fitting suit. His hair was done up, making him look handsome. His hair was somewhere between bed head and spiked and he had well defined pink lips that frankly left her envious.

"Is that our new trainer?" Hyosung asked, sitting next to her. "I don't know. Bora stalked him on SNS apparently. Ask her" Haneul told her. "I hope he is. Because he is hot" Hyosung said with a wink. Haneul laughed, but mentally she wished for the same. Hyosung gestured over to Bora at the other end of the room while she texted her, asking for a short introduction to the man. 

"He's really cute" Haneul said, after a while. "Shame. It was hard enough to concentrate anyways. Now we have a new hot instructor" Miyoung spoke up from the other side. Unfortunately she had been loud enough to attract everyone's attention. Including his. Haneul ducked pretending to look at newspaper but she saw him smirking her way. 

"He doesn't seem like an instructor" Haneul whispered to Miyoung. Jonghyun had been easy going and friendly. He was the type to smile at people and help them out when they didn't understand things. But the new guy stood with authority. Like he must have practically owned the place.

"What's his name?" Haneul texted Bora. "He's really cute." She looked around to see Bora laugh at her phone before replying to Haneul. "Ask him :p. In fact introduce yourself" she told her. "Are you indirectly suggesting I hit on him because I am strongly tempted to" Haneul typed quickly. 

"Go for it. I'm sure boss loves attention" Bora told her. "Boss?" Haneul asked. She frowned at Bora before looking around for the hot instructor guy. He had started to set up and Minjung had been helping him. 

"Yup. That's Lee Jaehwan who heads the South Korea tech division from Seoul. Just looked him up on our company directory" Bora told her. "Holy did I just say I was tempted to flirt with our boss" Haneul gasped a little. Across the room Bora laughed at Haneul who had just mentally screamed a little. 

This man was her boss.

Not a very attractive instructor. 

She was not supposed to hit on the head of technology no thank you very much.

Haneul showed the mesages to Hyosung and Miyoung who tried really hard to control their laughter. Haneul glared at thrm before puttibg her phone away and concentrating on the talk to start. "Maybe you should flirt with him. See if he likes you enough to give you a raise. Or that will be an HR issue. Get me a raise instead" Hyosung suggested. Haneul laughed at the seriousness of the tone. "Me too!" Miyoung piped up. 

"I'm not flirting with anyone no thank you"  Haneul told them. Miyoung rolled her eyes and Hyosung frowned. "You should totally stalk him on Insta at least. We'd get to look on some handsome faces" Hyosung complained. "Maybe later. We're about to start" Miyoung told them.

 

 

 

 

Haneul fiddled with her handbag. It was the end of a long working day. But it was Friday night and that meant pizza and a movie at home. She had decided on a Star Wars marathon after the new instructor had joked about it in the afternoon. Speaking of new instructors or rather, speaking of people who most definitely weren't instructors, Lee Jaehwan had been an interesting man.

He had a cute voice but his tone held authority. He spoke fluently and Haneul was totally attracted to that quality. He was visiting for a week and he had decided to address the new employees in training. He had talked about the company and his experience and what he was expecting from the new employees. Haneul would be lying if she didn't admit that it had been incredibly attractive over all.

She dug her phone out, doing a quick search for Lee Jaehwan. Multiple articles came up so she narrowed it down using the company name. She quickly switched over to an inage search and picked out photos one by one till she arrived at his Facebook page. It seemed pretty empty except with photos of him tagged by other people. There were work parties and some team outings. He was really photogenic she thought enviously before looking up some older pictures. Oh, he was only seven years elder to her. That was unexpected. 

The elevator dinged and Haneul looked up to see it finally arrive on her floor. She rolled her eyes wondering why the elevator was so slow all the freaking time. As the doors opened Haneuk came face to face with Lee Jaehwan who was busy on his phone. She almost dropped her phone but thankfully didn't,  locking it before stepping inside. She quickly pressed the basement parking floor button before taking her place all the way at the other end.

"Hello" he greeted her. Haneul blinked before actually replying. "Hello" she greeted back. "My name is Lee Jaehwan. I head the technology division in Korea. You're part of the new hires aren't you?" he asked, extending his hand. "Yes. Kim Haneul. I thought your talk was very interesting" she said shaking his hand. "Really?" he asked with a small laugh. Haneul cursed his firm handshake and good voice because they weren't helping.

"I was afraid I was boring everyone to death" he laughed. "Oh no" she assured him. He smiled at her before the elevator bells dinged again. "That's my floor. I suppose I will see you around. Kim Haneul?" he asked confirming her name. "Yeah. I kind of work here" she replied before mentally cursing herself for the lame response before he laughed again. He stepped out and gave her a nod of acknowledgement before heading of.

Once the elevator doors had closed she let out a groan and slapped her forehead. She worked here?? What an obvious and lame thing to say to the man who had clearly addressed the employee training right this morning. Hopefully she could just go home and bury herself in pizza cheese from the shame.