002

Tales of the Prince and the Scholar

a/n: This is a different writing style I am writing so please bear with me. The succeeding parts/chapters will be based on the book Joongki had given Jinki before he left, so basically, the adventures of Jinki will closely resemble the parts of the book. Each book chapter would be divided into indefinite parts depending on how I write it.

 

I hope it will be clear for everyone~ and yay 15 subbies in just a matter of day.. wow thank you!


---

 

Chapter 1:

 

I am a prince in search of an adventure

I am a prince who longed for freedom

I was given a chance to see the world’s splendor

Not as a royal, but that of a pauper

 

 

----

 

The two boarded the bus and was well on their way to Hwaseong. It was still dark and the first bus left the terminal at 5:30 am. The sun was just about to rise when Jinki yawned and rubbed his eyes for a bit.

 

‘So Onew hyung, about the mis,..” Minho started and Onew glared at him. “I mean our purpose of visit.” Minho corrected himself and Onew threw him the softbound book that had turned brown through time.

 

‘The tales of the pauper prince?” Minho asked and Onew nodded. “are we going to read this?” Minho asked and Onew rolled his eyes at how naïve his friend and bodyguard is at times.

 

“Yes we are going to read that story and will imitate Prince YoonJae.” Onew replied, sarcasm dripping at every word.

 

‘oh okay.” Minho replied, flipping through the book.

 

‘aish how low is your IQ Minho? Of course we are not going to read a book and travel all the way to Hwaseong. Why do I even agree in the first place huh?” Onew asked irritatedly and Minho had a light bulb moment.

 

“Oh right. I get it.” Minho replied and smiled.

 

‘Aish, sometimes  I don’t get why I even befriended you.” Onew uttered and Minho raised a brow.

 

“Because I kick and protect yours.” Minho replied and Onew completely lost it.

 

‘Oh god.” He uttered and closed his eyes to get some sleep.

 

He was awoken by a light shake of on the shoulders and Onew looked at Minho who was already  standing from his seat.

 

‘Did we arrive?” Onew asked and Minho shook his head.

 

“Nope, it’s a stopover at Banpo for breakfast. We have 30 minutes hyung.” Minho informed him and Onew nodded and stood.

 

They entered a small shop at the pit stop and took a seat on an empty table. They ordered the typical breakfast and Minho eagerly ate the meal. “What? It’s good!” Minho uttered, pointing to the bibimbap erved to them. “You can’t be picky Onew hyung.” Minho stated and Onew took a bite hesitantly.

 

But with each spoonful he took, he was surprised that it was actually much more flavorful than what the palace is serving him.

 

‘Are ordinary food this delicious Minho?” Onew asked and Minho nodded.

 

“Smaller diners are best hyung. It’s because they stick to the traditions of their ancestors. You should try their Kimchi stew. It’s heaven!” Minho added as he pushed the stew towards Onew.

 

‘thanks.” Onew said and tasted the stew. “oh it’s spicy!” Onew remarked and having such a liking for spicy foods, he was drawn to it in an instant.

 

“Oh my hyung.” Minho remarked as Onew stuffed himself of the flavorful food in front of him.

 

‘can’t I eat without being judged?” Onew asked and Minho tried to control his chuckles. “geesh.” Onew hissed then returned to his meal.

 

They boarded the bus again for another four hours of trip towards the country side of Hwaseong. The trip was long and it was boring the hell out of an agitated royal.

 

“You still haven’t told me the reason hyung.” Minho said after the nth time he heard Onew sigh.

 

“We are to find the author.” Onew answered and Minho quirked a brow.

 

“Kim Jaejin is dead 300 years ago.” Minho stated a fact and Onew hissed at him.

 

“Of course I know he’s dead but he has descendants just like my blood line traces back to the great queen SeonDok.” Onew countered and Minho nodded at that.

 

“So the family lives in Hwaseong?” Minho asked and Onew nodded. “He’s a native of that land.” Came the quick reply.

 

The cityscape truned into endless greens as they drove further out into the province of Hwaseong, passing panjung and Namjung before reaching the humble farmlands of Hwaseong. The main city was bustling with traders, gathering fresh produce to deliver to central Seoul. Onew’s eyes feasted on the sights and sounds of the real world, those that he had failed to notice when he was dressed in gold and silver.

 

He found himself being pulled inside a small restaurant, probably owned by five generations of chefs of Hwaseong. Minho called out a waiter and ordered house special. Onew rasied his brows at the younger who just shrugged his shoulders and waited for the meal to be served.

 

The room was filled with clatter as the people piled in to eat at a historic place.

 

‘The great King Taejong had graced the dining halls of Hwaseong and had given positive feedbacks on their food.” They heard the table across them, eyeing a man in his early fifties talking to what look like tourists from the city.

 

Their food came in after a few minutes and Onew’s eyes were as wide as dinner plates; because the platter served was full of golden fried Chicken.

 

He was indeed hungry and when the glorious meat laced his tongue, Onew was definitely in heaven.

 

“Like it hyung?” Minho asked and Onew shook his head,

 

‘I love it!” Onew remarked, eating his chicken in pure bliss while Minho tried to hold in the laughter at seeing his prince this happy over a piece of chicken.

 

“The secret is on the chickens themselves. Free range and organic.” Minho explained as they made their way towards the town plaza to ask the whereabouts of a man linked to the great Kim Jaejin.

 

They met a couple of people who told them the direction of the town registrar. They entered the municipal hall, and was led to the 2nd floor where the registrar helped them searching the person that they were looking for.

 

“The Family tree of the great Kim Jaejin indicates that the latest records of live birth are two sons named Youngwoon and Jongwoon.” The registrar said and then continued to search for the two names.

 

“Unfortunately, Mr. Kim Youngwoon had died of natural cause while his wife had remarried to a man named Song Manbo. No live birth registered under Mr. Kim Youngwoon.” She finished and Onew was puzzled.

 

Kim Youngwoon died of natural cause? “Excuse me, when was Mr. Kim Youngwoon’s recorded date of death?” Onew asked and she paused to search it.

 

“july 8 2010.” She replied and Onew followed up a question. “Where can we find his wife?” The registrar was a bit apprehensive about it and Onew smiled courteously. “We are from a city faraway and have been wanting to meet a legendary writer. We are doing a thesis about Kim Jaejin.” Onew said and handed the seal of the SungKyungKwan.

 

She scribbled an address and handed it to him. “Have a great day mr..” She trailed and Onew beamed her a smile. “Lee Onew.” He said and the girl smiled and bowed her head. “Mr. Lee.”

 

----


 

a/n: Hi there~ so up update.. please give feedbacks on how you find this so far. Thank you!