001

Tales of the Prince and the Scholar

“this is absurd!” Jinki screamed as he reached his room followed by his good friend and head guard Minho and his stylist and secretary Kibum.

 

“Well it is more likely a challenge to you sire more than anything else.” Minho replied and Jinki glared at him.

 

“Whatever. This is really pissng me off! Like I would want to ascend to the throne.” Jinki uttered as he plopped down his bed.

 

“Jinki hyung!” Taemin ran towards his brother and enveloped him in a hug. “Are you being sent away on a mission?” Taemin asked, tearful that his brother will leave him again.

 

“Prince's duties Taemin.' The elder uttered and Taemin held him tighter.

 

“But it's a whole year hyung!” Taemin sniffed and Jinki sighed.

 

“Kibum will be here to accompany you.” He said and Kibum grinned at that statement.

 

“Sorry Choi, it's manual labor for you!” Kibum stated and Minho rolled his eyes.

 

“I happen to be one of them remember? It would be easy for me.” Minho replied and Jinki sighed even more.

 

“In any case, we must prepare for the journey.” Jinki uttered, removing Taemin from his tight embrace and walking towards his closet.

 

“Sire, his majesty had prepared everything for you.” A enuch spoke and Jinki looked at the bags being placed inside his room. “And to hide your identity, all your essential documents are in here sire.” The eunuch said and handed him an envelope with all his fake credentials.

 

“Lee Onew?” Jinki read the ID and birth certificate.

 

“We only changed the name sire and a few details that would not directly pinpoint you as a royal.” The eunuch said and Jinki nodded.

 

“Very Well, My father would want to kick me out then fine, i'll leave. Minho, start packing.” Jinki instructed and the guard nodded and left the room to prepare.

 

“Hyung!” Taemin cried as he hugged the elder brother. “Take me with you!” The boy sniffed and Jinki sighed loudly.

 

“When you get older Taemin, I'll take you with me okay?” Jinki asked and Taemin held out his pinky.

 

'Promise me hyung.”The younger uttered and Jinki nodded and intertwined his pinky.

 

“I Promise Taem.” He replied with a bright smile.

 

 

----

 

“Why do we have to ride a bus? And at 4 am? Geesh” Jinki whined as he carry the heavy bag prepared for him and adjusted the sleeves of his sweatshirt.

 

“You have to live as a commoner Jinki. Make me proud.” Joongki uttered as he entered his son's bedroom.

 

“Yeah, i get it. You want me out then I'm out.” Jinki replied and Joongki frowned at his attitude.

 

“I hope this will give you something to think about Jinki.” joongi paused and handed an old literature book to Jinki.

 

“The tales of the pauper prince?” Jinki asked with a raised brow and Joongki nodded.

 

“You loved that story Jinki.” He said and Jinki sighed. “The descendant of the writer is from Hwaseong. I want you to find him and ask him to join us in the battle for the good of our people.” Joongki uttered and Jinki's ears perked with excitement.

 

“Now we're talking. I am to find this scholar am i right and you're not just throwing me out to learn the ways of a commoner.” Jinki asked and Joongki caught on well.

 

“You are my son alright.” He uttered. “Kim Youngwoon is the direct descendant of the late Kim JaeJin and he was dubbed as the greatest scholar of the centurry with his cunning works in litterature that underlines the true state of the government. He is an eye opener and I want you to get him to our side.” The King elaborated and Jinki nodded.

 

“But he despises the government so i want you to change that and show him the intentions of our monarchy. I can only entrust you Jinki.” Joongki uttered and Jinki sighed.

 

“And now i must live the life of the pauper prince. Very smart appa.” Jinki replied and Joongki smiled wide.

 

“If we must take down the heads of evil, we must have a solid plan. I am counting on You Jinki.” He said then gave him a long hug. “For Daehan Minguk.” Joongki uttered and Jinki nodded with affirmation.

 

---

 

“I bet it's something deeper sire?” Minho uttered as they made their way towards the palace's back door.

 

“call me hyung Minho and yes, it's not just an exile, it's an exile with a purpose.” Jinki uttered and Minho rolled his eyes. “I'll drop you in with the details a step at a time.” Jinki uttered and winked before they stepped out into the common world.

 

“Might as well enjoy the freedom.” Jinki uttered and took light steps out of the palace.