The First Gift

Fanxing Drabbles (HIATUS)

Yixing rubbed his fingers on the silk bow. He bit his lip, hyper-aware of Kris rummaging through the bedroom down the hall. The small box that sat in his lap contained the first present he has bought for Kris. He hoped he liked it.

He wondered if the wrapping was too much for a first gift. The ribbon ran up both sides of the box to tie in a yellow bow on top. The wrapping was a cool solid blue.

He set the box on the small table in front of the couch he sat on, waiting for Kris to come out. He chewed on lip as he tried to slow down his heartbeat and wiped his sweaty hands on his dark jeans.

Taking a slow breath in, “Kris? Can you come out here for a minute?” Better late than never.

Kris walked fluidly down the hallway, adorning a black tank top and tight jeans, running a hand though his hair. Yixing’s eyes flicked up and down his torso and then settled on his hands in his lap. Clearing his throat before Kris could see the present, “I brought something for you.” He held his breath as Kris stopped as his gaze found the box. He froze.

Yixing reached up to scratch behind his ear, “It’s not much, and if you don’t like it you don’t have to keep it.” He heard Kris let out a loud breath.

He looked up to see Kris staring at him, a gummy smile lighting up his features. “Thank you so much, Yixing.” His mouth hung open slightly as Kris laughed. He scooted to the left as Kris joined him on couch, reaching for his gift.

Kris picked at the bow with his long fingers, untying the ribbon and slipping off the lid. The tissue paper crackled as he unfolded it. A gasp slipped out of lips.

A hand drawn picture sat in the cushion of the box; it’s soft gray displaying Yixing and Kris sharing a soft kiss under a blooming tree. Kris’ strong hands captured his face as he clutched at the downy of Kris’ sweater. Their bodies conjoined, holding each other close as soft rays of sunshine filtered through the branches.

"Yixing it's beautiful!"

A soft blush arose on Yixing’s cheeks, “It’s not too much?” Kris slightly shook his head. “Yixing I’m at loss for words. It’s too perfect.”

Kris’ hand twined around his own brought it too his lips and lightly kissed his knuckles. 

 


End.

Wow I at titles.

Also, be careful if you're being affected by all this crazy weather! A 150 tornadoes and 23" of rain in north Florida, absolutely insane!!