Day One with Them

Being Unpredictable | [Discontinued]

 

[Shin Hae Hee]

 

 

 

“I want a Ducati!” Ai whined as she slumped herself in SeoYeon’s couch, her face contorted into one of a brat-like type. “I can’t give you one. I only got cars.” Jin grumbled by the single seater couch, casually sipping her juice like a model would.

 

“Why a Ducati when you can have a MV Augusta F4CC?” Nam who had just stepped out from the kitchen inquired, and throwing a pack of lollipops at my head to which she got a free glare for. “Or an Ecosse ES1 Superbike?” she continued – ignoring my glare.

 

“They’re underage. They can’t drive yet.” I answered for her while opening the pack and taking a lollipop out, unwrapping it and popping it in my mouth. “But a Ducati? Seriously?” Nam continued to rant and roam the wholeness of shobe’s living room. Muttering every now and then why in the world would she want a street bike in place of a race car.

 

“I want a Ducati.” Ai repeated, doing a ninja move on the bag of lolli’s I still have in my hands. “A motorbike is way cooler to manage than a race car.” She pouted.

“True that.” I muttered under my breath. Too bad Nam still caught it.

 

“Mwo? You think that it’s cooler too, Shin? WAE?” said inquirer turned to my side with an exaggerated shocked face. “Just let Ai decide what she wants.” I grimaced, shoving her face away from me.

 

“Why don’t you just tell your Dad that you want one?” Shobe jumped in, almost surprising us with her presence. “Since when did she get here?” Nam incredulously muttered towards Jin. “Aigoo, mushroom.”

 

“Oh come on, Shob. You know what goes after your question.” Ai continued to whine.

 

“True that.” Nam repeated, another free slap in the back of her head given by Jin. “How about you Shobe-ah? What do you prefer to have?” Jin asked this time, leaning slightly towards SeoYeon’s direction.

 

 

 

 

The latter gave us an innocent blink before answering.

“A Jeep.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ASDFGHJPFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHH!! *sound of liquid being spit out*

“MWO?!”

 

Ai was standing up, eyes big and mouth hanging open just to be closed again and vise versa – resembling like a fish out of the water - in utter disbelief.

Nam accidentally spit out the juice that she was drinking onto the crystal glass of the center table adorning the spacious living room – almost missing hell by an inch.

Jin was alternating from glaring at Nam by almost splurging juice on her and gawking at our maknae.

Even I was caught in surprise that I was gapping up at her, my lollipop almost falling out of my mouth.

 

 

Yes people, we are a very unattractive sight right now. I mean, come on. SeoYeon who was a sheltered princess all her life, an innocent angel and an heiress to a billion dollar conglomerate ……… wants a JEEP? A FREAKIN JEEPNEY! Who would expect an answer like that? Not us, alright.

 

 

Jin, who was the first to revive her posture coughed a little. “Why a jeepney, Shobe-ah?” she CALMLY asked. I closed my gapping mouth and threw a random washcloth at Nam who was still coughing out the juice. 

 

 

Shobe blinked again. “Because it’s cute. And not worth a lot of money too.”

“That’s true, but...” Jin hesitated.

“Oh come on, Shob! When did you see someone who own an elite school ride a bloody jeepney? Let alone OWN one?” Ai perked up –finally- and stared at Seo Yeon disbelievingly. The latter only shrugged and proceeded to wipe the spilled juice on the glass table.

 

“Pease Shobe. Anything. Like, ANYTHING, just except a jeepney.” Nam almost pleadingly requested of the maknae, as if the latter asking for it was the biggest sin mentioned.

 

Seo Yeon smiled softly, almost causing us to be relieved. Almost.

 

 

 

 

“A tricycle then.”

 

 

 

 

 

And for the second time that morning, we’ve been an unappealing sight.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Rants and chatters were heard all throughout the vicinity when we were making our way to our homeroom for the day.

 

“Is it just me, or is your classroom unusually crowded today?” Ai mumbled low enough only for us to hear. Jin and Nam looked at each other while I shrugged. I really couldn’t care less what on earth happens in that room.

 

We stopped a few blocks away from our (Jin, Nam and I) room as we dropped the maknae line off in their respective rooms, Zelo being their classmate was already waiting for them by the door, a slight frown gracing his features.

 

“Problem?” I asked. Out of all of us, I was the one most closest to B.A.P’s maknae, although he is Jin’s cousin, and to B.A.P as a whole. He only shook his head and wrinkled his eyebrows before entering their room. The five of us exchanged glances before Ai and SeoYeon bid their bye’s and the rest of us went our way.

 

If the hallway to our room had already been packed with unwanted bees, then the interior of the classroom is worse. You could hear squeals and giggles from the four corners of the room. We roughly had the chance to pass through the door if not only because of Jin’s glare that parted the crowd.

 

A nice amount of students gathered in a circle at a corner of the room right beside where our seat is located. It’s just the first day but they’re already being treated like celebrities.

 

It’s not really hard to not know who the heck these ‘celebrities’ are, and I’m quite sure my peers know them too. “Move.” Jin ordered a stray female student –who’s clearly not a classmate of ours, might I add- because she’s blocking her way. And Jin isn’t one to wait for unnecessary things. Students who heard her demand quickly scampered off, but still leaving an insufficient space for us to move in.

 

“Get a move on, dammit!”

 

Now don’t get me wrong. We’re not usually our ‘gangster-y’ self during school hours and we know how to separate school work from personal things. But when you arrive at school early in the morning only to witness your school mates fangirl and become pathetic low lives over some transfer students is, most definitely, annoying. And I’m not even having half of that.

 

“Thank you. Geez.” Nam Eun muttered in annoyance as she plopped on her seat the moment everybody scattered out into their respective classes. Jin just shrugged and went to her seat beside Nam which is located in front of mine.

 

I moved open my seat all the while still ignoring the new faces in the room as was about to sit when an arm draped over my shoulder.

 

 

 

 

“You’ve gotten fiercer than last time, kiddo.” A rather familiar voice said.

 

My head snapped up to view a face I haven’t seen for years. “Kai.” I said monotonously and in the corner of my vision I saw Nam and Jin’s head turn our direction. The slightly tanned man furrowed his eyebrows at the name but quickly brushed it off and grinned, showing off his pearly whites that could put toothpaste models in shame. “I missed you Shinnieeee~” he sing-sang while tightening his hold on me.

 

WTF. Now almost everybody in the classroom had turned their heads our way to see the commotion and my two oh-so-helpful friends were busy controlling their snickers. Shoving his built off me, I grumbled with veins twitching on my forehead. “Aren’t you supposed to be in the High School department?”

 

“Yea, well... I heard you’re already in the College department so I’m here to confirm. And my hyungs are here too.” He grinned at someone behind me and turned to me again.

 

Don’t be confused; Kai and I are of the same age. It just so happens that I’m a little smart that caused me to be accelerated.

 

I was about to retort back when the bell fortunately rang, signaling the start of classes for the day. Kai messed my hair, grinning and doing some weird guys handshake to some new boys before going out of the room completely with a tan haired boy. Frowning at Jin and Nam’s way, I took my seat the same time the professor entered and the class ensued.

 

This is gonna be a looong day.

 

 


[Kim Jongin]

 

 

I walked out of my hyungs’ first class with Sehun as the bell rang. I didn’t think I would see Hae Hee again after almost three years. She called me Kai… What happened to calling me Jongin hyung?

 

“You look like a constipated cow.” The guy beside me woke me to my senses.

“What?” I asked.

“Why are you frowning?” He repeated, slightly turning to face me before activating his ‘ face’ and looking back straight ahead. My eyebrow automatically flew up. “I’m not.”

 

He simply shrugged and went in our classroom, not minding the questioning and giddy stares being thrown our way.

 

 

 

 

 

The morning dragged on boringly slow and the moment the bell rang for lunch break was like a signal for us to be free –well at least for an hour or so.

 

The class quickly piled out in groups, eager to meet their other friends over lunch as they chat over the usual nonsensical things. I dragged my feet off the ground and haul my bag over my shoulder, Sehun already waiting for me at the door with his hands deep in his pockets.

 

“You’re so slow, Kai.” He complained, scrunching his face in the process that most girls find cute. Like come on, what’s so cute about that? This kid doesn’t even call me hyung and I’m older than him!

“Tsk. Come on, I’m starving.” I pulled him along with me through the mass of bodies along the corridor, making our way to where I think the canteen is. And we can’t help but overhear the whispers, not, of some along the way.

 

 

‘Omigosh, did you see the way he walks? Raawr~’

‘ASDFGHJKLS. They’re new right? Hot.’

‘I can’t. They’re too good o be true…’

‘I wish they’d notice me~’

‘Oppa~ oppa~’

‘OMFG, I cannot.’

‘I think I’m overdosed. *le faints*’

 

 

Shush girls. We can’t help it if we’re a mess of hotness here and we’re not even complete yet. You need to get used to it… On second thought, don’t be. *wink*

 

 

Anyways, we arrived at the cafeteria. It seemed your normal public school’s cafeteria. Well, except that it consist of three floors and serves restaurant quality food and has a very homey feel you would’ve thought twice if you entered the right building. Yeah building. The cafeteria is another building adjacent to the main building and also with high end facilities. Man, it even has its own bar.

 

Sehun spotted our hyungs immediately and cat walked his way to them with me behind him. In the corner of my eye I spotted Hae Hee with the two other girls she was with this morning occupying a set of plush settee arranged modernly by the glass windows, a glass table placed at the center to complete the set.

 

“Oopfh.”

“Kai what are you doing?” D.O hyung asked, curiously looking at me as I untangle myself from bumping into Sehun’s back. I didn’t realize that we already arrived at the table. Damn my mind for wandering around.

“Nothing.” I mumbled and sat at a vacant seat. D.O hyung at my right with Chanyeol hyung at my left. “The others?” I asked. Minseok, Luhan, Kris, Suho and Yixing hyung still isn’t here. D.O hyung just shrugged and jumped into conversation with Chen hyung.

 

 

 


[Park Nam Eun]

 

 

This day . Life . There’s nothing interesting today at all. Well, except the fact that we have 5 members of EXO as our homeroom classmates. They’re pretty… normal, I must say. After the early scene in the classroom –which I forgot to ask Shin about, by the way- the teacher walked in and asked the 5 to introduce themselves.

 

“asdfghjklasdfghjkl~” There goes the chorus of excited squeals and fan girl feels as they call it.

 

“Hana dhul sehtt. Annyeonghasaeyo EXO imnida!” //cue massive squealing sounds.

“Oh God.” Jin, who was sitting beside me, raked her hand through her hair irritatingly. Man, can’t this woman stop being a model for one second? Honestly, whatever she do, it was always model worthy. Oh well, she was born to be one anyway. Uh wait... where were we again? Ah right. EXO introductions. //mental facepalm

“Annyeong. Byun Baekhyun imnida.” The short boy with a *cough*cute*cough* eye smile introduced.

“Kim Jongdae imnida. Please call me Chen!” Ah. It’s that guy sitting beside Shin. Chen huh.

“EXO’s Happy Virus, Park Chanyeol imnida!” He… looks creepy. He had a deep voice and the widest smile I’ve ever seen in my entire life and add the fact that he was tall like a log. Uhm… what?

“I’m D.O Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you.” Another short guy with …uhm, rich white eyes introduced in straight english, making the other girls giggle in delight.

 

I snuck a glance at Shin and merlin help me but she isn’t even facing the front and continued whatever she’s doing on her phone to care about the rest of the world. Aish, this girl… jinja.

A cough brought my attention back to face the front. It was another tall guy with piercing raven eyes with eye bags and double piercings in both his ears caught everyone’s attention. One minute he looked all serious and ‘scary’ when the next second he beamed and introduced himself.

 

“Huang ZiTao imnida! Please look after me~ buing buing~”

 

Wha--- WAS THAT AEGYO?

ASDFGHJKLS. I swear I saw girls fainting somewhere there.

My jaw dropped slightly and I heard Jin slip out a cough before going back to her usual blank face.

 

 

After that episode, the morning dragged on like usual and now we’re sitting in our usual spot in the cafeteria and waiting for the maknae line to arrive. I was talking to Jin about having my baby Lambo re-colored and Shin is just minding her business with headphones on when Ai came rampaging in and tackling Shin deep into the sofa and squealing in utter thrill. Seriously, is it people squealing day or something?

Seo Yeon sat down on a single sitter sofa with a small smile on her lips and silently laughing at Ai’s enthusiasm.

 

“Ohemji, ohemji! Thank you! Thank you eonni-ah!” Ai continued to glomp Shin and the latter attempting to pry the younger off.

“What? What happened?” I asked.

“Guess what Panda got right after we went out of class?” Shobe grinned.

“What?” Jin inquired, also curious of Ai’s impeccable eagerness.

“She got her dream street bike.” The youngest replied, motioning with her head to Shin who was just handling Panda a set of keys.

 

“OMG eonni, gomawoooo~” Ai stretched and refused to let go of Shin, eyes glassy and sparkling.

Eh? When did Shin buy her a Ducati? Then a flashback of her fiddling with her phone in class came to mind. Ahh… Sneaky woman. I shook my head.

 

“Come on, people. I’m famished.” Jin complained and stood up, ready to order food and us copying her actions.

 

This is gonna be a looong day.

 

 


[Kim Jongin]

 

 

“You know them?” a voice brought me back to reality. I didn’t know I’ve been looking at them for quite a while now. I turned to see Kris hyung who was just about to take his seat.

I shrugged. He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Anyway, I found this in my locker.” Our 6 feet 2 leader gathered our attention. He placed a red card in the middle of our table for all to see.

 

 

 

Yep. This is sure to be a long day indeed. 

 

 

 

***

Note: Shin used to call Kai 'Jongin hyung' because she's such a tomboy. Oh, and I'm putting EXO's age as two years younger than their original age. That's all.