You're Too Late

This Can't Be Real {HIATUS}

 

Your P.O.V.

             I woke up next to a sleeping Luhan, since he must've been tired too, I left him to sleep some more. I checked the time and it was already half way through school, not that I bothered going anyways. 

 

              I decided to make us lunch, omelettes and bacon. Our favourites. We always used to eat it when we were younger since it was what I always ate in Canada and I wasn't used to the food here in Korea yet.

 

              When I finished cooking, the whole house was filled with the smell of sizzling bacon. I set our food on the table and right when I was about to call Luhan down for breakfast, a sleepy Luhan appeared through the doorway.

 

              We talked about the weirdest and most random things while we ate and were interrupted by a ringing phone.

 

              "Hello?" Luhan picked up. "Hyung! Where are you?!" the person on the other end yelled. "Oh, I'm with Eunhye right now, she was injured yesterday." Luhan informed. "Oh okay, well come back soon and tell noona to get better!" he exclaimed. "I will, Sehun-ah!" Luhan chirped. 

 

              "You can go first if you have to, I'm feeling better already" I suggested. "Are you sure?" he worriedly asked. "Yes. Now go!" I jokingly rushed. "Alright~ see you later!" he chuckled. 

 

Nobody's P.O.V. 

              After Sehun hung up,  all the exo boys asked about Luhan's whereabouts. "Luhan hyung said he's accompanying Eunhye because she was injured yesterday." he replied. "Injured? Well is she okay?" D.O. asked. "I don't know, he didn't tell me anything about it." Sehun answered. 

 

              Being the narrow minded person Chen is, he didn't bother texting or calling Eunhye to ask if she was okay because he thought it was just a small injury.

 

Chen's P.O.V.

~A Couple Days Later~

​              Eunhye hasn't came to school for the past couple of days and I started to get worried. Just how bad was her injury? Everytime I asked Luhan, he would just tell me to ask her myself. But I just couldn't. Not when I knew what can happen if I approach her.

 

              I was getting frustrated with how useless I was being, so I decided to take a walk at my favourite trail. My feet led me to the park at the end of the trail and there I saw her. Eunhye! I wanted to run over there and tell her how sorry I was for how I've been acting. But I just couldn't stop wondering if any of the staff were around, they wouldn't be right? Not all the way out here anyways. 

 

              Who cares Chen?! What's important right now is to make it right with her. It doesn't matter who will stand in the way because I've finally realized how dumb I was to easily fall for the company's threat. Right then and there, a boost of confidence shot through my body and I marched towards Eunhye. 

 

Your P.O.V. 

              I took a couple of days off school because my leg still felt a little sore. But I also felt really cramped up staying at home all day, so I took a walk at one of my favourite places. It was a trail with many cherry blossom trees on both sides and I love walking there. It always made me feel so relaxed! 

 

              So here I am sitting on the swings in the park when I saw a familiar presence in front of me. The sun was blocking a clear view of who was standing in front me so I brought up my hand to cover the sunlight and took a better look at the person in front of me. To my surprise, it was Chen.  

 

              My eyes widen in shock, curious to why he was here. But that wasn't important at the moment. I was still mad at him for ignoring me all this time. He didn't even ask if I was okay, and I know that he knew that I was hurt. 

 

              "What are you doing here?" I coldly asked. "Just give me a chance to explain," he reasoned. "I don't think I want to listen to your explanation," I told him. Without giving him a chance to reply, I limped away. 

 

Chen's P.O.V. 

              I watched as she limped away. Wait a second, limped?! I can't believe it took me actually seeing her in pain to realize that she was seriously hurt. With that, I ran after her. 

 

              I tapped her shoulder and she immediately whipped her body in my direction with a hard gaze. "Fine. You want a chance to explain? Sure. But you'll have to listen to my side first," she demanded. I agreed.

 

              That's how her rant started, "Why don't you tell me why all this time, you didn't even bother asking how I was doing? Even after you found out that I was hurt, you didn't seem to care even the slightest bit." "That's because I didn't think it was anything big." I defended.

 

              "Anything big?! So you just decided to assume that all on your own without even confirming with me?! You could've at least sent a text, Chen! And did you really think that Luhan stayed with me for a whole day just because of some paper cut!?" she retorted with a louder voice. 

 

              "What happened anyways?" I asked. "I was sliced in the leg with a knife," she bluntly stated.

 

              What she said silenced me. Everything she said was the truth. She was right, I should've at least sent her a text. "Why did you even show up in the first place?" she weakly said. "I wanted to make it up to you..." I murmured. "I'm sorry. But it's too late for that now, I thought you were different from the others... I guess I was wrong," she began to walk away.

 

              While I watched her retreating figure, the guilt surged through my whole being. Hard. I wasn't going to let her just walk away this time. No. I was ready to make her mine. A sudden boost of confidence surged through my body. Wasting no time I ran after her.

 

              I spun her around and held her in my embrace. One that she had been longing for all this time. I buried my head into the crook of her neck and whispered, "Please, just give me one more chance, to prove to you that. I am different from all the other guys."


Author's Note~

I apologize for the long wait, but I was losing motive to write this story... Please comment so I know you're still reading this story D: Aside from that, yay for progress between Chen and Eunhye! :) Subscribe so you can stay tuned for their love and upvote swill be greatly appreciated too! <3 

                  --angel