> The Discovery

Last Whisper

Author 's POV


"Jinyoung - sshi ... excuse me," Kanya said , "Can you take your hands out of my eyes? I cant see anything,"
"No im not, this is because my 'friend' turning off the lights so that strange spirit wouldnt come to you." Says Jinyoung, his breath whack in the Kanya's neck with a gentle rhythm, making her whole body shiver instantly.
"You're face was so pale, I'm afraid you'll die of frightened Kanya - sshi." explain Jinyoung nervous, "Bambam told me to .... Doing that so your fear will gone."
Then the lights came back on, make Kanya realize her position is lying on the floor and .... Jinyoung hugged her from behind .
"Aigo choisonghabnida~!" Jinyoung immediately took off his arms, his face blushing as well as Kanya .
"Um ... it's okay, that's what ​​Bambam do if Im scared. He closes my eyes and hugged me when the lightning struck, I hate lightning." spokes Kanya trying to break the awkwardness and then they go back to the main topic. " So .... Bambam said he wanted a proper burial?"
Jinyoung nodded, staring at Bambam who's hovering around.
"Then .... How do I find it? I didnt know this areas." ask Kanya with disappointed faces .
"I ... I will help you, keokjonghajima." Answer Jinyoung then smiled, " Tomorrow we leave for Busan, Bambam told me the position of his corpse."
"Busan? Okay ... but how to get there?" Kanya asked while biting her nails nervously .
"Leave it to me," said Jinyoung tried to allay Kanya's fear, "So .... Why dont you go home to get ready?"
Jinyoung suddenly startled, Behind her are 'the nosy' and Bambam dilate their eyes till 'the nosy'  eyes popped out, he knows what they mean. "Um ... I 'll take you home, it's already late."
"Oh gamsahabnida ... Jinyoung - sshi." Said Kanya shyly , "Thank you to help me find Bambam."
Jinyoung nodded while using his jacket, he looked back and saw Bambam smile. "I know I know .... you worried about her right?" Jinyoung whispered , "Did you purposely do this to me ? What the hell do you want me to.. "
"Em .... Jinyoung - sshi your self-whispering sounds scary you know?" Said Kanya whispering in Jinyoung's ear too, making that namja heart jumped up and down.
"Ah arraseo, mianhae." answer him.

***

The next day ...

"Em ..... Jinyoung - sshi are we there yet?" Kanya slowly rubbed her eyes, this morning they embark on a journey to Busan riding a pickup car by some Jinyoung's acquaintances
and Kanya asleep while in the way.
"Still a long journey, if you want to sleep longer go ahead." Jinyoung replied, his eyes staring the roadside and making Kanya curious.
"What did you see?" Asked her, "Did you see that i couldn't see?"
Jinyoung nodded , "There's some spirits go after they willingly accept the fact that they died in an accident." explain him, "There is also spirit who decided to stay."
"Since when you can see them? Arent you afraid?" ask Kanya
"I was blessed with this vision since my parents died," said Jinyoung start the story, "They died in front of my eyes but I was 3 years old so I didnt understand anything, I dont know if they will leave me forever."
"At that time I saw my parents gone with the black figure which then made ​​me pass out, I was raised by the old police man who live alone. Once I grown up he explained to me the chronology of my parent's death."
"Then .... What did he say?" ask Kanya
"They were killed," said Jinyoung then sighed , "At first I didnt believe it until when I met with my ' the nosy ' and he helped investigate the murder case, after the culprit is found then that old policeman died. That's why I live alone now."
"So ... what do you do for a living?" Kanya keep asking, didnt feel that they're getting close and intimate
"You know that my nickname is 'a ghostbuster' right? I sends the spirits away or lead the spirit return to their dying body." explain Jinyoung , "what an odd job hahaha."
Kanya smile," I thought things like that only exist on TV but now I have a friend with the same job." she Said "Dont you want to work like a normal person?"
"I really am," said Jinyoung enthusiastically , "But my invisible friend didnt permit it, I dont understand why."
Kanya approached, "Is your friend here? " she whispered in his ear then Jinyoung responds with a nod , "Well I 'll talk to him, hey man! annyeonghaseyo my name is Kanya, I want to ask why you didnt allow Jr. to work?"
Jinyoung couldnt help but laughing while looking at 'the nosy' surprised because of Kanya, "He wants to live like a normal person, he couldn't always help your other friends so please dont be ignorant anymore arraseo?" Said Kanya. "Hey how is it? What did your friend say?"
"He was surprised with your plain and blatant attitude," said Jinyoung stifle a laugh , "There's nobody who wanted to talk to him like you"
"If he's your friends, he wont harm you right?" Kanya comments, "Only people who can harm others, ...... my brother is one of the victims."
"Why Bambam get killed like that you say to me?" Kanya asked herself, her eyes were frantic and couldn't accept reality. "Bambam is a good kid, he's never being bad boy to anyone else. I can guarantee it because Im his sister who has been living with him since our parents left us in the streets and being raised in an orphanage."
Jinyoung staring at Kanya blankly, Bambam were next to her and looked at her with a sad face and suddenly pointed to a direction. "Jakkaman, I think we're close to our destination. I'll ask ahjushhi to stop."
The car stopped in the street next to the sloping ravine, "I think his body was around here." Says Jinyoung, "We have to find it and bury him properly, do you want to come down too?"
Kanya nodded and Jinyoung helped her down from the highway into the abyss, "The road greatly decreased, if you were slipped immediately grasp the roots of the large and strong plant or tree so you won't .... "
While Jinyoung not yet finished, Kanya slip and immediately hold the roots of the tree then there was an awkward situation. " ..... Em this is an evident that Im a person who immediatly take an advice of her friend." Said Kanya with red faces .
A few minutes down the ravine, Kanya suddenly find unusual small mound near the trees which have been cut down, "I think I found it," said Kanya with a loud rumble heart, she's afraid to accept the fact that the buried body is Bambam
Jinyoung slow his movement and dug the mound carefully, "I'm going to get him out, you call the police and find a quiet place. The culprit might be around here."
"Well well .... See who is playing in our garden." Suddenly two big men with sinister face came closer to them, "So .... what should we done with these two? it seems that they're still young and healthy."
"Take that boy's heart and for that yeoja ..... well we have to used her first right?" Said another man, immediately after hearing them talk Jinyoung pull Kanya's hand and ran down the ravine .
"You see? They are the illegal sellers of human body!" Said Jinyoung still grabbed Kanya's hand tightly, "they're indiscriminate, they take the organs of children, adolescents or young adults."
"So Bambam was kidnapped and ..... " Kanya tears trickled in breath panting from running to avoid the perpetrators who go after them. "I'm going to call the police, oh? Jinyoung - sshi Jakkaman my phone's fell down!"
"How can you~~" Jinyoung protested , "Use mine and find a safe place, go! " He took off her hand.
"What about you?" Said Kanya still in confusion and frantic .
"Dont mind me ! Everything will be fine I promise." Answer Jinyoung waving his hand, "Go and call the police!"

***

Kanya ran erratically, this time she's looking for a tall tree so she could climb up and call safely. After she climb, with trembling hands she dialed the police number. "Yeo .... Yeoboseyo my name is Kanya, position in Busan shrubs area. Hhh ... hhh ... but I dont know the exact position because im an immigrant, I wanted to report that.... "
BANG ! sounds of the gun soars in the sky, "Jebal salyeocuseyo ... hhh ... hhh ... I found my brother became a victim of illegal organ sales, the offender carried a gun and threatened my friends, salyeocuseyo ahjusshi .... ppalihaeyo ... "
BANG ! The second shot blaring again, Kanya's hand were shaking when closing the conversation. Jinyoung-sshi hang on .... We're not going to be the next victim right? We'll go home together with Bambam and everything will be fine! Kanya spoker her mind with choking breath and tears still dripping.
"Good idea to climb a tree dear," A deep voice heard under the tree, "It would be great if all the work's done on the ground, right?"
The man kicked the trees to make Kanya fall down but she's persisted. "What did you done to my friend?"
"I'll tell if you get down the tree right away," said another man who was carrying a gun, "If not .... Shooting from distance can be a good exercise for the next target, right ? "
BANG! The man who wants to shots Kanya shocked because suddenly Bambam's spirirt blocking the bullets, "What is this, why he suddenly appeared? Isn't he dead already?"
Kanya stunned to see Bambam's spirit who continued to protect her from the shot  then she saw a police car and an ambulance arriving at the roadside, soon she the flashlight in Jinyoung's phone and waved it toward the troops . A few minutes later the two criminals are arrested and Kanya successfully helped to get down from the tree .
Bambam .... Why did you show up at a time like this ? ask Kanya who didnt believe to saw the spirit of Bambam protected her, Bambam who was stared by Kanya gazing deep into the forest where Jinyoung and her separated before.
"Oh i forgot, Jinyoung ... Jinyoung - sshi !" Shouted Kanya ran and ran toward the path Bambam shown her to, she surprised to see Jinyoung 's body covered in blood and automatically Kanya screams. " Ahjusshi help us!! My friend got hurt salyeocuseyooooo!!!"

 

"My dear sister Kanya .... Thank you for finding me and prosecute the criminals for me. Now I'm going to go but first I want to tell you that ..... I kept something on Jinyoung hyung and you must ask him to get it, Yagsok ? "


Kanya opened her eyes slowly and looked at Jinyoung asleep in bed next to her , that namja lost a kidney because it was shot by the criminals. Fortunately Jinyoung passed the critical phase after the doctor done some surgery.
"So you're awake Kanya-sshi... why dont you continue your rest ?" Jinyoung eyes open then find Kanya sitting next to the infuse bottle hanging next to him.
"I 've recovered, how about you?" Said Kanya with a sad face, " Mianhae .... Because of me you have to live with one kidney."
Jinyoung closed his eyes give slight smile but suddenly he looked surprised. "Aigo kkapjjakiya ..... so you come again? What's the point if you couldnt block the shot, you're give me more trouble than Bambam."
"Oh .... 'the nosy'?" said Kanya make sure then reciprocated by Jinyoung with nod. "I dont believe that time ..... Bambam blocking the shot, is it a coincidence?"
"I think it's instinct." Jinyoung replied, "The spirit wouldnt appear in front of people he knew except when theyre asking for help or .... When protecting the people he loved most."
Kanya nodded slowly then recalled Bambam's last whisper, "Bambam said he left something in you, what is it?"
For a moment there was a silence, Jinyoung blinked and swallowed hard. "Should I tell you? I think this sounds silly and childish."
"Just let me know~" forced Kanya, "Ppalihae I'm curious~ !"
Jinyoung sighed and slowly his face flushed , "he trust me to protect you, makes you smile and keep you from everything bad. Forever." speak him with awkwardness, " Ah jinjja, why that child told that weird thing? i think it's impossible, protect myslef from spirits was a difficult though haha~"
"Of course it's impossible if you're still sick." Kanya response, "But everything can be learned and I can also learn to make friends with your spirited friends. How about learning to understand each other .... from now on?"
Jinyoung stunned for a moment ...... and then smiled at Kanya who looks tired but relieved because all the problems were over, the two laughed together so well Bambam who blessed them from heaven .