Chapter Two

Noona, Will You Accept M̶y̶ Our Heart? [Revised Edition]

 Chapter Two

 Chapter Two

 Hey Noona!

  Hey Noona! 

 Now Playing: Nu Abo – f(x)

 

Awkward.                                    

It was almost the dusk. Yuri stands in front of the massive yet partly rusty white gate in front of her, unsure if she should press that doorbell attached on the brick-made post just a few inches from her. She remembers how her mother reacted so weirdly that morning, like, she’s just won a lottery and every word she speaks, she yells it with glee. Before Yuri left their house, her mom left her pieces of advice or whatever you call it.

“Just act natural,” It was out of her vocabulary to impress these boys. And she knew she doesn’t need to act like a plastic in front of them. She’s coming there to grant her mom’s request. Period. “Don’t worry too much,” Why would she? They’re not worth all the stress and wrinkles. Besides, worrying is for grumpy businesswomen who thinks everything’s a dilemma.  “Take care of them well,” She was silent all along but when she heard this, she almost wanted to mock her mom like ‘Am I gonna handle toddlers? Will I need to change their diapers?’ but since Mom woke up with a bright mood, she wouldn’t want to ruin it.

She was drifted away by the continuous thoughts entering her mind. She hadn’t even notice that the gate was already widely opened. She had her scowling face on as if she’s dealing with two sides which made two angelic faced boys who opened the gate, chuckle.

“Noona?” The warm voice from a guy snapped her back to reality. She turned to face the guy which made her freeze for a few seconds. The guy was as white as snow, nearly. He had a flawless face that girls would fall for. Behind that guy was another squishy looking guy. He had those owl-like eyes that you can either find endearing or terrifying, depending on one’s point of view.

Yuri placed both hands on her cheeks, it’s kinda hot. She doesn’t know if it’s because of the she’s being intimidated or because of the awkwardness. Either way, the two guys found it adorable. “Would you like to come in?” Owl Boy awkwardly broke the sudden tranquility. “Ah, sure.” Yuri clutched on her suitcase, only to find a hand wrapped around the handle. She looked up, meeting Mr. Oh-So-Flawless Face which made her flush, again. “Let me carry it, noona.” He offered so kindly, earning a subtle nod from Yuri.

Jeez, these guys are intimidating me. She thought. Is Mom sure that they’re the old kiddos I knew before?

As Owl Boy opened the varnished wooden double-doors, another four attractive guys came to appear; a guy with puffy cheeks and thick eyebrows, a tall guy with elf-like ears, another angelic-looking guy, and a dinosaur-like guy. Yet, each of them looks so gorgeous in their own ways. Oh great. Mom really wants me killed by this bunch of dudes. “Annyeonghaseyo, Noona~” The four guys greeted and gave her a ninety degrees bow altogether. Each of them had wide grins painted on their faces, and so did Owl Boy and Mr. Oh-So-Flawless Face. At this moment, she felt extremely overwhelmed.

She’ll be living with these guys.

And they’re tremendously handsome.

Girls would murder just to have a piece of them.

And here they are, enthusiastically ready to live with her for two long months.

“Err… Hi.” She could feel her cheeks crimson, flustered with their faces, maybe. In her mind, she tried recalling their names by looking at every faces, but sadly, she remembers no one. I should’ve asked Mom about their names. Damn, I thought I would recognize their faces. I must agree, puberty’s gone right with them. She mentally nodded to herself.

“Do you still remember us?” The guy with puffy cheeks with thick, dark eyebrows asked; his eyes are gleaming in anticipation that she would. Embarrassedly, she shook her head. “I kinda forgot y-you guys… I’m s-sorry.”

Owl Boy, who stood just behind her, placed his hand on her shoulder – earning a slight jerking movement from Yuri. “Well then, how about dinner while we introduce our selves again after a few years of not seeing each other?” He offered with a smile, which everyone agreed.

 

One by one, they introduced their selves. And finally, she retrieved all of the information about them and also, remembered some of her remarkable experiences she shared with each of them. In the middle of dinner time, she noticed there are only six of the guys when she remembered her mother saying there are twelve of them. “Um… I hope you guys don’t mind me asking. Where’re the other six?” Their eyes widened a bit before Suho cleared his throat, “Erm… They’re attending… business! Ah, right b-business, it is.” His smile trailed nervousness.

“What kind of business?” Yuri asked out of curiosity.

Banging every girl they see at the club. Lay thought but shook his head disapprovingly. “Ah, just a few stuffs.” He answered gawkily.

Yuri seemed unsatisfied with his response but thought of letting it slip off since it really might be too private and unimportant for her to know.  

Dinner was great. Owl Boy, or preferably Kyungsoo, managed to cook fine dishes. It’s a good cure for Yuri’s forgetful memory, too. They were now in the living room. All gathered together; sharing what’s up with their own lives.

After the good food they shared, she finally remembered all: When she witnessed Lay searching for his pencil but he was just actually holding it, when Kai fell on a mud puddle and got teased by the others that nothing changed with him except his shirt dirtied, when she saw Sehun’s once little birdie (you know what I mean, lol XD), and a lot more.

Her mom was right. They really are great persons and talented too. They also mentioned when they have time, they compete with each other in singing, dancing, and rapping. Some of them showed her a sample, and she thought of it great. Yuri had joined too. She had a little dance battle with Lay – who has, in her own opinion, a future if he tries working in showbiz.

After knowing them again, all the awkwardness and uncomfortable feelings were set aside. The talk lasted for long; recalling all those happy memories and all. Staring at their exceedingly good-looking faces, she wondered. “Don’t you guys have your own girlfriends? I mean, you’re all… attractive.” She flushed upon saying the last word.

She looked at them; their smiling lips formed into a straight line and their eyes became unreadable. Oh no. Have I asked something too private? She started to panic, “You don’t have to answer it. I-I was just a bit curious. I’m sorry.” The sparkle of her eyes faded. She felt bad of what she’d asked. “No, Noona. Err… We just have some of our bros, um, heartbroken–” Before Chanyeol could finish his sentence, Yuri cut him off,

“Heartbroken?” She suddenly recalls her breakup with her ex-boyfriend. They must be badly hurt. This made her worried for them, or the guys who were ‘heartbroken’ rather, “By who? Do you want to talk about it? I’ll be happy to listen.” Her voice was gentle; filled with hope and sincerity, like a mother.

But they’re not here. They’re out there ruining their lives with cigarettes and alcohol. One of the six mentally strutted out.

“Y-you don’t need to know, Noona. Th-they’re fine. The girl’s fine. Everything’s fine. So, please don’t think too much about it.” Chen tried to beam an assuring smile to her with his elbows nudging on Chanyeol’s side as if he’s saying: ‘You er, you’ll hurt her more if you tell her she’s the girl we’re talking about.’

Yuri didn’t seem convinced but she pretended to shrug it off and smiled back. “Okay… You guys could tell me if you’re ready. I’ll be willing to hear you out.” – She looked at the wall clock fastened on the wall just a few meters from her – “It’s getting late… I think I should rest now. You, guys should, too.” – She stood up – “It’s really nice to know you guys again… I’ll need to pack my clothes in my new room. G’night. See ya tomorrow.” With one final smile, she turned her back and proceeded to climb upstairs, leaving the boys dumbfounded.

 

 

She was half-way finished folding her clothes. Good thing the boys lend her a hand on carrying her heavy suitcase when they toured her around the house. In that way, all she needed was to set her stuffs in her new bedroom that was once a guest room of the house.

The room was smaller than her old bedroom, but it was just enough for her. The walls were painted in turquoise and the ceiling in creamy white. It has a large closet, a table, and a chair tinted in white. There is also a side table just beside the queen sized bed with a lamp on top of it. There is also a small bathroom at the corner of the room; everything’s tinted in white, too.

Finished with all, she took a shower and dressed with a simple sleeveless shirt and sleeping shorts. Afterwards, she sat up on her bed; legs curled with her arms circling around it protectively. The word ‘heartbroken’ kept on repeating to her mind again and again. And it drives her crazy. Then, she suddenly reflected on the boys’ condition.

They must be badly hurt.

I don’t want to see them wounded so ghastly.

I should take care of them so they won’t end up like my case; crying and depressed.

They’re such great guys. They deserve happiness.

They’ve made me happy tonight. I must return the favor, too.

 And I’ll do it for the span of time I’m staying with them.

Kwon Yuri’s New Mission: Furnish them the happiness they ought to have.

Right! I’ll be the best noona in town! Fighting, Yuri-ah! Smiling in glee, she slipped under the white duvet, ready to doze off when she heard a loud clattering sound downstairs with someone yelling,

 

“Holy !”

 

Fear had hit on her. Immediately, she got out of the bed and ran downstairs, only to see a guy slipped in a leather jacket knocked down on the floor; his left eye tinted by purple around it, the corner of his mouth bruised, and his palm oozing with blood. 

 

Writer's Note;

Erm. What did I just wrote? + . + 

 

p.s: talk.to.me.pliz

i.don't.bite.

i.swear <_< (hey, check out sistar's new mv. xD bora<3)