Chapter One

Noona, Will You Accept M̶y̶ Our Heart? [Revised Edition]

 Chapter One

 Chapter One

 She's Back!

  She's Back! 

 Now Playing: Black Pearl – EXO's Sehun Debut Teaser

“I’m alright, Mom.” Yuri whined. Her mother doesn’t stop asking her what was wrong. There’s nothing wrong, and I mean it Yuri would always tell to herself. Her mother still had the wary face on and made Yuri prickly guilty. She let out a heavy sigh, “Look, mom. I told you – you shouldn’t bother to ask me to go back here in Korea. I’m fine in China. Yoona’s there, Soo and Hyo’s there. I’m all good.” Yuri shrugged nonchalantly as she threw herself on the mattresses of her old bed.

Yuri’s eyes settled on looking at the creamy white ceiling, Am I really, okay?  She grunted softly, Of course I am! I’m Kwon Yuri, the strongest and boldest of them all. A faint smile painted on her pretty face before she felt weight on her side – it’s Mom. Her mother’s fingers raked over her scalp. Oh how much she missed this rare moment with her mother. “I’m just worried, dear.” Mom whispered shakily. Yuri looked on to mother’s eyes; still the almond eyes she used to look upon when she was younger, yet this time, the corner of her eyes became a bit wrinkled. She’s getting old, she should say.

Yuri shifted her head over Mom’s lap and she smiled warmly at her daughter. Yuri showed her the best smile she could give and said, “Tell me what I can do to prove you that I’m just fine.” Mom doesn’t talk for a while ‘til Yuri hears her inhaling audibly. She’s going to say something. “Do you remember your childhood friends?” Mom suddenly asks. Yuri knitted her eyebrows in confusion. She has way too many friends. Who’s her mom talking about? “Who specifically?” Yuri asked as her mind started to drift to the scenery of little children playing at a nearby park. “Those twelve silly little boys who called themselves as EXO after studying about planets at school. They grew up now… And they’re super tall unlike before.” Mom answered with a faint giggle.

Oh… them! They were so close back then. They’re undoubtedly silly, especially when six of them ‘confessed’ to me before I take off to China. Yuri grinned upon recollecting one of the unforgettable memories she had before facing her mother again. “What about them?” “I want you to temporarily stay with them to help them with business stuffs. Their parents need someone to watch over them and help them to change their… you know… lifestyle.”

Yuri’s eyes widened in horror. What does her mom think of her?  A babysitter who watches over whiny brats for a living? A grumpy business woman who plops her on her own stinky leather chair and worry about all the dilemmas she could think of for the rest of her existence? How will she train them? Her course’s not even related with business. And she already found what job – modeling and dancing – she wants and enjoys with much fortune to get the title of fame in China! So why would she accept a job – or rather a request – that she don’t even know how to accomplish? “Mom!” Her voice raised in protest. She wouldn’t surrender her beyond successful career for the guys she had never seen for years.

“Just do it… Please.” Mom breathed, looking so frustratingly drained. Yuri only sighed, defeated. “Let me think about it… Please, Mom.” She stretched out to reach a pillow before snuggling on it.

“Of course, baby. I just hope you’ll say yes… Trust me, it’ll help you.” Mom kissed her daughter’s forehead and stood up before muttering under her breath, “The six of them are drunk and wasted. And they need you…” Yuri’s head tilted to face her mom, eyebrows knitted together. “Mom, is there something you wanna say?” Mom only smiled warmly. “Nothing, dear. Please think about it well… I’ll be going.” With one last wave, Mom disappeared at the rear of the old oak double-doors.

 

 

The next morning Yuri woke up from a not-so-comfy sleep. She had been thinking about her mom’s request. And now she’s choosing between Mom or career. She’s nothing without her mom yet that ridiculous request will make the old woman happy. Would she even have the guts to say no to the lady who had given her almost everything for the whole years of her subsistence?

On the other hand, her career was the outcome of all her hard work. She spent all her time and effort for this. It’s, like, her everything; a property that she could call as hers. Through the sleepless nights for dance rehearsals, the nauseating airplane flights she should ride on just to pose in front of the camera, damn, she won’t even believe that she lasted for years.

If she would leave, temporary or not, her fans would definitely be upset with her disappearing so suddenly without any earlier announcements. And when she does come back again, she might need to start again to catch up with everything: the new style, the new entertainers she’ll be working with, the new attitudes she’ll be coming across… everything. Moreover, that’s definitely a big adjustment she’ll be making. Or, will she still be welcome to come back again? What if no company will accept her over? Since all the people who started loving her would turn their backs because they felt betrayed by her when she poof-ed so unexpectedly. Complicated her thinking might be, she knows it indeed has a large possibility to happen.

So… Will it might be Mom or career?

Pause.

Yuri: Ya! You’re being redundant. I’m thinking of it! Damn, you’re pressuring me!

Narrator: I’m recalling, you know.

Yuri: ._. That makes no difference, at all.

Narrator: -_-" Oh just shut up and get back in to the scene so I could get back to my job narrating.

Yuri: I’m hating ya. >.<

Narrator: The feelings are mutual, dear. :)

Yuri: .

Back.

“Ah!” A wide grin smothered over her face and as fast as she can, she dashed out of her room to find her mother. Mom was on the phone, talking to her dad, she assumed. As Mom bid the caller from the other line her goodbye, she turned to see her daughter, motherly smiling as usual.

“Something you need, baby?” Mom asked, her daughter’s hair ever so lovingly.

Yuri gestured for both of them to sit on the irregularly shaped silk-made cream colored couch, designed by varnished wood carvings on top which made it definitely elegant, reflecting her mother’s sophisticated taste.

Yuri’s eyes settled looking on her fingers which were just lying on her lap. “It didn’t let me sleep last night.” – She exhaled – “And I’m having a hard time choosing between you and my career.” Mom clutched over her daughter’s hand, squeezing it reassuringly. “It makes me feel like a selfish, ungrateful brat if I refuse to your request, but at the same time, I don’t want to lose something I’ve worked hard for so many years.”

She felt those ugly sobs coming out. She tried to prevent it from spilling out because she knew after this sobbing, she’ll break down into tears – and crying makes her feel weak. But it failed. Now here she is, sobbing. Yet she sounded like a wailing whale – like she was forced to go on a diet and lose weight.

Mom tried to calm her down. I don’t know if she’s doing this because she can’t endure her daughter crying in front of her or she just can’t endure hearing a whimpering whale in the mansion. She just might scare their maids and bodyguards and thought their Young Miss Yuri brought a mammal home. Either way, let us assume. “Calm down… I’m not forcing you, sweetie. I’m so sorry. I was just… uhm… trying.”

“No. Don’t apologize. I-I just got a little carried away. But I had already made up my mind… So, don’t, Mommy, please.” Wiping the last few drops of tears from the corner of her eyes, she raised her head up, meeting her mom’s eyes. Plastering a faint smile, she spoke, “I’ll… do it.” Her voice trailed hesitance yet she already said it. She agreed. Her mom’s eyes glowed in delight and Yuri continued, “But I’ll be staying for like… two months only. I-I can’t surrender my career. So, I do hope you understand, Mom.”

She thought Mom will argue with her and force her to stay longer, but here she is, whispering her sincere thanks to her daughter. Mom held both of her hands and looked into her daughter’s still-watery eyes, “Thank you, baby. Trust me, this will help you,” – She caressed her daughter’s cheek – “I’m sure you’ll do great with them. They’re such nice and adorable guys.” Beaming a forceful smile, Yuri unclasped her hands gently from her mom and stood up. “I’ll be grabbing breakfast, Mom. See ya.” With that, Yuri turned her back and went directly to the kitchen for breakfast.

Once her daughter was out of sight, Mom decided to call the boys to inform them. Please make everything work perfectly. Mom mentally prayed before dialing one of the twelve’s number.

 

As soon as the call ended, Mom walked to the kitchen, staring at her daughter who’s peacefully eating a bowl of cereal for her breakfast.

This might be the chance to have her and the guys she once broke back to their old selves.

They were so broken. It shatters me as well, as a mother. Oh these kids… Love had much impact on them. I just wish my plan’s going to work out perfectly. And if ever she falls with one of them, I wish the remaining five shall find their own girl to love and cherish.

 

 

Writer's Note;

Hey! I'm baaaack. Earlier than I expected x _ x But who cares? :3 Anyway, I told you a lot - I mean A LOT - of changes are gonna happen. I still hope you'll continue to support this though I had almost everything changed. As you may notice, I deleted the chaps yet I have the soft copy (I always do) saved. And for the next chaps, I'll have the punchlines included (including Olaf <3).

And lookie, I got the story transfered *-* Yes, I'm _noona. And I found out some of my subbies here are subscribing on my works (gotcha byuntaes ;D). I hope you didn't feel gross or somethin'. ._. 

So here it is. I hope you enjoyed this chap. :)

P.S: waiting for your comments. Missin' them lately :)