Hospital Results

Forget Me Not

Writer: Taecyonie

Editor: Heavz01

​Editor's Note: This is Taecyonie's writing, so the style may be different from the first chapter that I wrote. I merely edited it, taking things out, adding thing in, and changing spelling and grammar that I thought was appropriate. I'm taking the back seat in this one, so I may not write all the chapters.


"What happened?  What's wrong?" Hearing Jonghyun's panicked yells, Minho burst into the room. A wave of dred hit him as he saw Jonghyun sat in the middle of the room crying, Key in his arms and unconcious

"He... H-He was trying to get a box down from the wardrobe and it fell and hit him on the head..." Jonghyun gasped through his sobbing, salty tears ran down his red cheeks, falling to Key's face, who gave no reaction.

"Yah! Don't cry! It's not gonna help him!" Minho instantly took control, pointing at Jonghyun's bed. "Jonghyun, lie him down on the bed while I get the first aid kit." Jonghyun stood and picked up the lifeless boy, running to the bed and gently placing Key on his back, allowing the younger to use his knees as a pillow.

Taemin and Onew were soon at the scene, peaking their heads into the room out of both curiosity and worry. "What did you do to Key umma!" Taemin shouted in fear running to the lifeless figure that lay on the bed.

"Well... I guess that's one way to get out of a punishment..." Onew commented as he walked into the room.

"I didn't do anything!" Jonghyun argued defensively against the makane, Key's cheeks in worry.

"Why is he knocked out? Is umma gonna be okay?" Taemin grilled his hyung, who was too upset to give an answer.

"Will you calm down?!" Minho begged as he ran through the crowd of members, kneeling beside Key and checking his head.  "He's gonna be fine. He's just had a bump to the head." 

"Maybe he'll wake up as a less naggy person." Onew suggested earning a slap from the tallest member.

Suddenly, Taemin stood up straight with a huge smile painted on his face. "I know how to fix him!" He exclaimed before running out of the room, leaving his hyungs confused.

"Onew hyung, could you run to the kitchen and get some damp clothes?" Minho asked as he checked over Key, his eyes not averting from the knocked out singer. 

"Sure, what for?" Onew walked to the door, taking in Minho's orders.

"If the blood stained Key's hair, we won't hear the end of it." Minho joked, asking Onew to get him a wet cloth to cool Key's head.

"Crap! Can't have the diva going off on one!" Onew ran out of the room, heading to the bathroom.

Taemin came back a few minutes later with a cup of water, along with a cheeky smirk on his face. "All we gotta do, is throw this on him and he'll be as good as new."

Jonghyun glared at the makane, pulling Key closer to him. "That could kill him! What if he's on the edge of life and death, and you cut his air off for a second, then he starts choking, and then he~"

"Calm down!" Minho looked at the panicking idol. "It's just a small gash from the box. Nothing major. I doubt he will die from a splash of water!" 

Taemin stood there for a second, still lost at the scene infront of him. The frightening scene was too much to fully take in. "...Can I still throw the water on him?" Minho shook his head, telling Taemin to put the water down, which the pouting idol did so.

"It hasn't stained yet has it?!" Onew panted as he got back into the room, handing the fabrics to Minho.

"Not yet, at least I don't think so." Minho grabbed the cloths and quickly wiped away the blood, that was now flowing down Key's forehead.

Taemin crossed his arm and turned to Jonghyun, his eyebrow raised in slight confusion. "What was in the boxes anyway?" Jonghyun looked at him, but he was interrupted before he could answer.

"I bet it was insoles!" Onew said before Taemin and him burst into fits of giggles, earning a nasty glare from the shortest idol.

Jonghyun glared at the mocking two before turning to Minho, who was checking Key's pulse and breathing once more. "Minho, should we take him to the doctor?"

Minho nodded, putting the bloody cloths on the bedside table. "Yeah, he's bleeding from the head and I don't want to take any chances. Keeping him here isn't the best thing for him right now."

"Hey, maybe his diva-ness will bleed out!" Taemin said lightheartedly, trying to lighten the mood a bit, but only got angry glares from Minho and Jonghyun.

"Yah, Lee Taemin... I'm in pain, but I can still ground you..." Key shifted around in Jonghyun's arms, slightly opening his eyes to look at his maknae, groaning in pain as he moved his head, allowing it to bleed a bit more.

"We need to go." Minho grunted as he picked Key up bridal style and walked out, the band following closely behind. "I'll drive us there, you three keep an eye on Key."


The car journey was tense. Not many words were said, excluding Minho's check ups every so often. Jonghyun held Key tightly in his arms, who managed to stay awake, despite his headache. He took Key's hand, giving him a smile to reassure him. "You're going to be ok, I promise. Just hold on a bit longer, ok?"

Key nodded, smiling back as he snuggled closer to his hyung. "Neh hyung... I'll feel better if you kissed me though." Key puckered his lips, making Jonghyun blush and laugh in response.

"Kiss you better?" Jonghyun teased the younger, turning his face away as Key pouted in disappointment. "I'm not sure if I should. The fans might see us." 

"They wouldn't care." Taemin commented, scooting closer to Jonghyun to look over the couple.  "They think you and umma are like that anyway.."

"See! Kiss please~" Key puckered his lips again, this time getting a quick peck on the lips from Jonghyun.

Onew turned around from the front passenger seat, rolling his eyes at the sight. "Get a room!"

The two quickly pulled away from each other, the diva glaring at the leader. "Oh bite me!" Key snapped, shocking Onew with his reaction, despite the fact that it wasn't anything new for the diva.

"Okay!" Jonghyun smiled, trying to bite Key's hand, who fought back by smacking his head a few times.

"Will you two quit it? Just marry each other and be done with it!" Minho snapped from the drivers seat, 

"Hey, imagine the news headline about this! 'SHINee's Key knocked out by Jonghyun's insole collection!' You're going to sound so silly Kibum." Onew laughed from the front seat, earning a quick glance from Minho as a warning.

"Yah!" Key tried to smack him but got dizzy instead, so buried his face deep into Jonghyun's chest and closed his eyes to rest. "Aish... You're all in trouble..." Key suddenly went limp, his whole body falling backwards away from Jonghyun's. He would have fallen off the seat, but Taemin and Jonghyun were quick to react.

"Umma fainted again!" Taemin shouted in a panic, trying his best to awaken the unconscious idol.

Onew slammed his hand on the dashboard, grabbing Minho's attention. "Minho, drive faster! Just get us at the hospital as fast as you can!" Minho, nodded in response, putting the car up a gear, and going as fast to break the speed limit in places he could. He didn't care about tickets he just needed to get his hyung to the hospital.

"The blood! Save his hair, or we won't hear the end of it!" Taemin shouted and took the bottom of his shirt, dabbing Key's head to save him from bleeding out. 

"Yah! Be careful!" Jonghyun yelled and adjusted Key's body to elevate his head.

"I'm just trying to help!" Taemin pouted, before retracting to the corner of the car, slightly offended by Jonghyun's yelling. 

"Be nice back there!" Minho warned them, pulling into the car park of accident and emergency part of the hospital. As soon as they were parked, Minho jumped out and ran to Jonghyun's side, taking Key from the idol.

"Be careful! Don't you dare drop our diva!" Jonghyun called after Minho, who was already running into the hospital.

Minho ran for the front desk, grabbing the attention of the receptionist on duty. "Miss please help us! Our diva got hurt.. I mean our band member..."

"And I thought I messed things up... Good thing Key is out cold, he'd have hit Minho for that!" Onew whispered to Taemin as they let Minho talk to the woman at the desk.

"I'll tell umma what you said when he wakes up!" Taemin pointed to Onew only to receive an eye roll in return. 

"Imma drink all the banana milk myself if you do." Onew fought back, making the maknae go into a small tantrum.

Taemin glared at his hyung. "Do it and you'll never live to see tomorrow."

"He's out cold! Hold on, I'll get a nurse to take you into a room right away!" The two looked back at the desk, seeing the woman picking up the phone to talk to someone. "We have an unconscious male, in mid his twenties, wound visible. I'm calling it a code amber. I need to nurse to take them into a room immediately... Yeah... Kim Kibum... SHINee's Kim Kibum... Yeah, the diva. That's him. Ok, thanks." The receptionist hung up, smiling at Minho and pointing at a set of double doors. "Go right in, a nurse will meet you there to get you in a room."

"Thank you so much!" Jonghyun bowed at the woman, pushing Minho to hurry to the double doors. Once they entered, they were greeted by a nurse, who gasped in shock at the sight of Key in Minho's arms.

"Oh my gosh, she was serious! I can't believe this happened to SHINee's Key!" The nurse panicked a few times, before composing herself, and leading them down a hall. "There's a room at the end of the hall, it should be very quiet and private for you. The doctor won't be too far away, but I'll need someone to come in with him to explain what happened.

"I'll go in." Minho quickly decided, earning a pout from Jonghyun. "I trust myself not to cause him more harm." With that, Minho followed the nurse into a room, but Jonghyun was quickly following him. Minho carefully placed Key on the bed, and allowed the nurse to start hooking him up to a few simple monitors.

"He's going to be okay right? He's got to be okay! Minho, why aren't you saying anything?" Jonghyun begged, trying to get some answers.

"You aren't helping anything." Minho grabbed Jonghyun by the wrist and pulled him towards the door, ignoring his hyung's complaints.

"You played a doctor in a drama.... Surely you learned something!" Jonghyun snapped back in a panic, but before he could get an answer, Minho pushed him into the hall and slammed the door in his face.

"Yah you could've broken my nose!" Jonghyun snapped at Minho through the glass window, but the older quickly drew the blinds to avoid Jonghyun from seeing anything.

"Were in a hospital pabo, if it did brake, you could easily get it seen to." Onew said to him as he sat down, and flipped through a magazine. Taemin bit his lip to stop himself from sniggering at his hyung's comment.

"Stop acting like little kids! You're pissing me off!" Jonghyun spat at them in anger. "I swear to got, I will break both of you!"

"How? You gonna drop a box on us too?" Taemin leaned back in his seat, showing a cheeky grin to the annoyed idol.

"It's not funny! Onew hyung, act like the leader here!" Jonghyun turned his attention to Onew, who bit his lip and sighed. 

"Alright fine, you're grounded for threatening Taemin and I." Onew put the magazine on the table beside him, folding his arms with a stern look on his face.

"What?! That's not fair! You threaten him all the time!" Jonghyun choked on air. 

"You want a slap?" Onew asked and raised his hand, making Jonghyun sit and pouts in the chair next to him.

"That's not what I meant by acting like the leader..."


SHINee sat silently in the waiting room. 6 Hours had gone by, and still nothing from the doctor. Key had been under examination for a while, so the band was expecting results very soon. Taemin had already fallen asleep on Onew's shoulder a few hours ago, Onew was silent while in deep thought, Minho was trying to keep his mind occupied by watching TV, and Jonghyun was a trembling mess.

"Is he going to be okay? The doctor has been in there for too long! It's just because Key is tired right? We'd know if it was serious, right?" Jonghyun questioned, pulling at Minho's arm.

"I know just as much as you do Jonghyun! The doctor arrived, spoke to me and the nurses, then asked me to leave for a bit. That's all I know, ok?" Minho pulled his arm loose, looking back at the TV. The truth was, Minho was just as nervous as Jonghyun, but he didn't want to show it.

"He's not going to die right?" Onew looked over to Minho, who didn't even turn his gaze from the TV screen.

"I don't think it's that bad. They would have told us if something like that was going to happen." Minho looked at Taemin, who began to awaken from his nap. "It was only a little bump to the head after all.

"Is... Key umma okay?" Taemin's eyes fluttered open, soon filling with tears. "How long has it been? What did the doctor say?"

Minho pulled Taemin close, wrapping his arm around the younger's shoulders. "Umma is going to be fine. So don't cry, okay?" Minho reassured him and wiped his tears with his thumb. "We are just waiting on results, but it won't be long now."

"O-Ok hyung..." Taemin wiped his tears, snuggling into Minho's embrace for comfort. "I love you hyung..."

Not long after Taemin had calmed down, a doctor walked into the waiting room with a clipboard, the same one that had spoken to Minho in the room when they first arrived. "Minho, may I speak with you?"

"Of course hyung." Minho placed Taemin in Onew's lap, watching as the younger wrapped his arms around the leader's neck in a tight hug. "I'll be right back, okay?" 

"Okay..." Taemin sniffed as the doctor lead the tallest idol to his office.

Minho bowed in head as he sat down in the large office, the doctor sat in the chair beside him, placing his hand on Minho's right knee. "We have examined Kibum, and his heart rate, blood pressure, and everything else seems to be fine."

Minho sighed in relief, smiling at the news. "Oh thank the heavens! You had us all worried that~"

"Please, let me finish." Minho froze, praying that the rest of the news was also positive. "Kibum woke for a little while, and we discovered something that may shock you. This is never easy for me to tell anyone, but Key's injury was a little more than we had hoped. We can help him, but it's not going to be an overnight thing. Do you understand so far?"

Minho nodded, his hands clenched into a fist in worry. "So what is it exactly?" 

"Kim Kibum has amnesia."

Minho stared at him, unable to believe the news that came from the elder's mouth. "You're kidding right?" 

"It's not my job to kid around. I'm afraid th hit to the head was fatal to his memory, and now he can't remember anything of SHINee, or his famous status as a celebrity. We aren't sure if it's permanent or temporary, but it's defiantly happened. I'm so sorry that I have to say this, espesially about someone in such a position. I know it will be hard on all of you."

"A-Ah... I see..." Minho looked down, his mind completely blank with in distress. How was he going to break the news to his band members. Not to mention his family, and Key's million fans. Things would never be the same again.

"Would you like me to tell your band members, or would you like to tell them yourself?" The doctor smiled in encouragement and symphathy, understanding exactly what was going through the idol's mind.

"I'll do it.... After I kill Jonghyun..." Minho glared at the floor, suddenly angry at his hyung. "I can't believe he did this to our Key!"