Chapter 4

Lame Excuses~♡

A jingle sound can be heard as Sehun and Yoonhee enter their favourite bubble tea shop.

Yoonhee's eyes wander around the shop and stop at the boy who is probably resting at the counter. When he feels someone staring at him, his eyelids flutter and open. He looks up at Yoonhee. He waves at her signaling her to come closer while sending her his boyish grin. 

Yoonhee hums happily and bounces towards the counter. She lands with a thump on the stool. She rests her head on her arms, studying the face of the boy in front of her.

"You might end up up fainting if you stare at me like that." Baekhyun flicks her forehead. "It:s okay. If I faint, you will be the one who take care of me right?" she says jokingly.

"No flirting when I am around." Sehun interrupts.

"Give us some space, will ya?" Baekhyun scowls. "Wow wow. Chill dude. Why don't you two just date? Who knows maybe I will have a niece or nephew soon." Sehun provokes.

A crimson flush creeps up to Yoonhee's cheeks as Sehun finishes saying his words. "Shut up!" Yoonhee kicks his leg. Baekhyun laughs at her reaction. Cute.

"So? How's school?" Baekhyun asks while standing up, ready to make their orders.

"Still boring." Yoonhee suddenly remembers Hayoung and grins like a child who just got an enormous lollipop. "Oppa." she pokes Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Let me tell you something." she starts to whisper at Baekhyun's ear while Sehun can just stares at them, dumbfounded.

Didn't I clearly state 'no flirting when I am around' just now?


Baekhyun shoots Sehun a short side-glance as Yoonhee whispers at him. A smile curves at his lips. "Oh Hayoung huh?" he mocks.

Sehun coughs out a nervous laugh. "What? Oh Hayoung?"

"You like her, don't you?" Yoonhee squints her eyes at her brother.

"No, I don't. Baekhyun hyung, can you please tell her to shut up?"

"What do you want me to do? Kiss her?" Baekhyun smirks playfully at Sehun. "Just forget what I said just now and continue your work." Sehun scoffs.

"Fine. I thought that I can help you to go out with her." Yoonhee yawns.

"Yeah. Just stop your nonsense, you talkative little miss." Sehun pats her head.

"It is not nonsense." Yoonhee groans. "For me it is." Baekhyun chuckles. Both Sehun and Yoonhee look at him with confusion.

"Finally. I thought you are a gay, since you are- or should I say you were never interested in girls." Baekhyun teases.

Sehun glares at him. "I am going home." he dashes out the door not even bother to take his drink. "I will just take it for him. See you, oppa!" Yoonhee runs out the shop and chases after Sehun.



Yoonhee taps her foot on the ground while waiting for the bus with Sehun. "Yoonhee?" Someone calls her from behind. She turns back, "Hayoung! Good morning!" she grins cheekily. Hayoung smiles at her. "You are so energetic." Hayoung laughs. "I am."

Yoonhee nudges Sehun at his shoulder since he is listening to the music probably too loud that he doesn't notice Hayoung's presence. Sehun steals a side glance at his sister and freezes when he sees Hayoung standing beside her sister.

Yoonhee manages to smile at him and he nods back.

"You live at this neighbourhood?" Yoonhee asks Hayoung.

"Yeah. You too?" she questions.

"Yes! Then we can go to school togethet from now on." Yoonhee pumps her fists in the air. Sehun who overheard their conversation, can just shake his head seeing his sister's behaviour.

The bus finally arrives. Being the gentleman he is, Sehun lets Hayoung and Yoonhee get up first. There are only two seats left. Yoonhee immediately sit at one and there is one left. Hayoung and Sehun look at each other, both signaling each other to sit at the seat. Sehun clears his throat, "Just sit. I don't feel like sitting anyway."

"Uhm. Okay. Thank you." Hayoung sits at the seat. Your welcome.

Yoonhee smiles inwardly seeing the small interaction between the two. Her brother doesn't usually gives his seat to other person, including Yoonhee herself.

Yoonhee glances at her brother then at Hayoung. Both of them will make a cute couple.