Chapter 3

Lame Excuses~♡

"My brother is just one year older than us. He doesn't talk much to people he doesn't know well. But if you get to know him, you will know that he is actually a chatterbox." Yoonhee chuckles.

I am like that, too.

"Hayoung!" Yoonhee interrupts my thought. I tilts my head to where she was standing just now. Where is she?

Yoonhee pokes my back and her head pops beside me, "Oh my god. You scared me."

She smiles innocently, "I just want to told you that you have pass my brother's class."

"Really?" I whirl around. "Come on." I trail behind her.


"Sehun-ah, your sister is searching for you." Kai knocks my table. I look outside and see Yoonhee waving at me. I chuckle. Always so hyper.

I put my pencil down and dash towards her.

"Are you going home?"

"No. Not yet." she shakes her head. "I come here to ask if you want to join us to the cafeteria."

I raise my eyebrows, "Us?"

Yoonhee steps aside, "She will join us."

I stare at the girl who has been hiding behind Yoonhee all the time. That girl. The bus stop girl.

"Your classmate?" I ask Yoonhee without tearing my eyes from the girl.


Yoonhee giggles, "Here." she clasps Sehun's right hand with Hayoung's. Sehun visibly stiffen. He feels like electricity is running through his skin.

Hayoung looks at Yoonhee, baffled by Yoonhee's action. "What?"

"Introduce yourself." she says matter-of-factly.

Hayoung glances back at Sehun, "Oh Hayoung. Nice to meet you." Sehun just stares at her and she felt uneasy. It seems like the words he wants to say are stucked at his throat. When he is back to his sense, all he can say is just 'Sehun'.

Hayoung is the first who rips her hand off from Sehun's.

Yoonhee clears . "So? Wanna join?"


Hayoung shifts at her sit uncomfortably since she feels Sehun stares at her once a minute.

Nepume kog angyoso durodon gyoulbadaui padosonga

"Excuse me." Hayoung excuses herself to pick up the call.

"Hello mom?"

"Hayoung-ah, are you still at the school?"

"Yes. I will go home soon. Why?"

"I thought that you are lost." Sounds of dishes being washed and her mom's laugh can be heard from the background.

"I am not, mom." Hayoung laughs.

"Alright. Just get back safely."


"I must go home now."

"Now?" Yoonhee stops eating her food and Sehun glances up. "Yeah. See you tomorrow." Hayoung smiles at Yoonhee and bows at Sehun.

After Hayoung exits the cafeteria, Yoonhee stares at her brother. "What?" Sehun asks.

Yoonhee gulps down her water and slams her glass on the table. "Wha-'

"I have some things to ask you."